Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Al-aLondon-Foxile

Tom Lawrence

It seems strange to sell him.  We brought him in hoping he would develop and fulfil his potential.  Last season he developed well and I sense he is ready to provide some competition in the first team squad.  Seems like he has gotten his head down and worked hard.  I'd like to see him get a one year extension on his current deal and give the lad a chance this season.

Now would be the wrong time to sell him IMHO. Sign him up on a new contract. He has improved year on year and if that continues he will be some player. If he doesn't break into the team immediately he can always be loaned out again. 

Just now, TheMightySystem said:

Shakespeare wants to keep him.

I wonder if he means that.

Either way it's good though as we have an offer on the table if we want it or Shakey's seen enough to know he's good enough to improve us.

I'd say he's worth more than £7m when you consider his stats for Ipswich last season from his position in a struggling team and that he's 23 and what other Championship players have gone for this summer.

57 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I wonder if he means that.

Either way it's good though as we have an offer on the table if we want it or Shakey's seen enough to know he's good enough to improve us.

I'd say he's worth more than £7m when you consider his stats for Ipswich last season from his position in a struggling team and that he's 23 and what other Championship players have gone for this summer.

Lotta championship players going for decent money now, obviously shakey has seen something in the lad that he wants to give a try to.

No guarantee the lad would sign a new contract yet. Especially with him openly saying in the spring that no one from Leicester had been in touch whilst he was at Ipswich. There's a high chance he'd want to see how things go between now and Christmas before committing to a new deal.

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

I'd like for him to stay, feature in a few games as Chilwell did last season and I do strongly believe he will nail down a position in the squad.

It's if he's willing to be patient and take the opportunities given to him 

On 30/07/2017 at 13:36, UniFox21 said:

From looks of that Sky "whispers page" Lawrence to derby is quite high up, potentially him going then 

He's gone from the 'Whispers' page completely now. Just shows you how pointless that page is, the rejection of the £7m bid was done a couple of weeks ago, it's only now it's been publicised. Sky's 'sources' are notoriously dodgy.

1 minute ago, Outfox the Fox said:

He's gone from the 'Whispers' page completely now. Just shows you how pointless that page is, the rejection of the £7m bid was done a couple of weeks ago, it's only now it's been publicised. Sky's 'sources' are notoriously dodgy.

Exactly, Not sure how they manage to get away with using "sky sources" and running SkyBet at the same time. 

Guest FriendlyRam

I think he wants to stay with you guys tbh, hes featured in most of your pre season games?. Cant see us going any higher as we dont have much room with ffp. Itll take 10m+ to get him imo.

The lad should definitely be part of the first team set up here. His stats during his time at Ipswich suggest he's got that creative spark that we're screaming out for. Give the lad a chance, would be a daft move to sell him.

He certainly showed some promise from what I saw.

It's all about taking the time and trouble to bring those qualities to full fruition.

If our coaches cannot  do that a bit more often then I have to wonder how good they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Given last year's performances, you would have thought he would have shown something in pre-season that matched it. I didn't see it to be honest, even taking into account fitness etc. I think he'd be better to go on loan to a strong Championship team and up his game once again.

I'm just a tad concerned that the only things we've got to talk about on Transfer talk  is the future of Tom Lawrence and Harvey Barnes when we so obviously need a new quality CB. Wes will not cut the mustard this season imo if pre season and last night are anything to go by.

With one year left on his contract he either needs to be sold this window or sign a new contract.

I suspect he'd only sign a new contract if he was told that he'll be a prominent squad player and that doesn't look likely considering he didn't make the 18 man squad last night. 

Archived