Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Al-aLondon-Foxile

Tom Lawrence

13 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

1 year extension contract, then a 6 month loan to one of the new boys, with a clause to make sure he starts every game. At 23 needs game time.

I don't think Lawrence would agree to that.

From his position he needs something to happen not just stuck in the loan limbo. He'll either want playing time or to be sold IMO.

I think with King , Armarty , Musa and Mendy , we've seen enough to at least doubt whether they're currently good enough for us to progress , though perhaps a bit harsh on Mendy in the circumstances.  James we're unsure but I think if fit he's still better than the aforementioned. Lawrence is a little different for me. Albeit at a lower level he did well at Ipswich (a better guide than Armarty at Copenhagen for example). For me against Liverpool he looked willing to graft, harry, take people on and put two clever balls through that on another day should  have lead to a goal. He's a kid with very good potential. Worth a gamble against the others we know a bit more about imo. 

42 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

depends on the contract his offered, and the proposed one his agent is all ready aware of from Derby i guess

Derby will not offer anything like 30k. I hope he stays, does well and gets offered a new contract.  

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Surely if he planned to sell him why include him in so many games?

1 hour ago, WestLothianFox said:

Beat me to it, was thinking the same myself

Shop window innit? According to some on here you play the players you want to get rid of in preseason, rather that the squad you will want to play in the season, or those you want to see for potential for the team. 

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm pretty sure if we offer him £30,000 a week he'll stay regardless. He's on the verge of getting a sniff with us.

Agree, I think he'd be a good off the bench player. Looked ok so far in preseason but not driving and dominating like he did at Ipswich. Hope to see more of that, which I'm sure a goal would do. 

1 minute ago, Bozman said:

Him and Knocky in the same side would be interesting. Obviously I'd prefer both to have stayed with us. Lawrence couldn't have had a better loan than he did performance wise so we should be signing him up and either loan to a team like Brighton or play him. 

5 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

1 year extension contract, then a 6 month loan to one of the new boys, with a clause to make sure he starts every game. At 23 needs game time.

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

I don't think Lawrence would agree to that.

Nor would any other club.  

On 27/07/2017 at 16:57, foxes21 said:

One of Lawrence/Musa will leave so perhaps Shakespeare is giving them minutes to see who performs better before making a decision

If he didn't already know the answer to that, then my faith in his managerial ability has completely vanished.

Lawrence needs playing time when the season starts. He has been consistently creative, and would have a few assists if we had Vardy and Slim playing. He plays a position of need better than anyone else we will have on the squad this season. It seems daft to move him.

On 27/07/2017 at 17:10, HankMarvin said:

No club would agree to a clause stating a player HAS to play every game Hank, it just would not happen for the obvious reason of form!

43 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

No club would agree to a clause stating a player HAS to play every game Hank, it just would not happen for the obvious reason of form!

Sven admitted that every time bruma played we got a reduction in the loan fee.

Not a guarantee to play every game bit clearly had an impact on svens thinking. 

I think he could start the season on our bench this year, especially if Mahrez leaves. After that it depends on whether he takes his chances.

Shakey had an interview saying they're still judging his style etc, can see us keeping him, surely they'd know how is by now after few games. Personally I'd keep him on, adds something different, and has something to prove to himself and fans that he can play at this level 

Would definitely hold onto him and give him a decent chance. Last season has helped him improve his game and I would like to see what this guy could do with the first team. He's easily good enough to make our bench. 

If we were planning on selling is expect him to get less time pre-season. Think Shakes likes him, and I'm convinced he's got enough to be a squad player for the prem. I think he may have a better attitude than Gray also which we know makes a big difference in Shakeys eyes 

Just now, ronnup said:

If we were planning on selling is expect him to get less time pre-season. Think Shakes likes him, and I'm convinced he's got enough to be a squad player for the prem. I think he may have a better attitude than Gray also which we know makes a big difference in Shakeys eyes 

He only wants to keep him around cos he likes his coiffured eyebrows, spacious forehead, and ability to look like Joe Hart if you squint a bit, head and shoulders above any other footballer like.

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

From looks of that Sky "whispers page" Lawrence to derby is quite high up, potentially him going then 

its been really high (4+) for the last two weeks, just means lots of people are talking about it, means zilch

Archived