Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Al-aLondon-Foxile

Tom Lawrence

1 hour ago, car1os said:

Didn't we buy Lawrence for £1million? If so, and we get £7million for him, that's a huge profit.

Only problem is we will be short in wide areas if both Lawrence and Mahrez leave. We'd only have Albrighton, Gray... and Musa

Yes, but don't forget we've been paying him a tidy sum each year of his Contract. I think it's 3 years now. So there won't be much left out of 7 million.

Plus if he's been told he won't be playing regularly then maybe he wants to move himself.

7 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

I didn't realize James was any better for us last season but maybe I missed something.

I was talking about Drinkwater!.. 

You stated that I based his form on just the last two friendlies,  when in fact he was poor for most of last season... Or are you going to disagree about that too? 

Just now, weller54 said:

I was talking about Drinkwater!.. 

You stated that I based his form on just the last two friendlies,  when in fact he was poor for most of last season... Or are you going to disagree about that too? 

No I don't disagree with that.  But to suggest that James should/will be ahead of him can only be based on the preseason thus far as he hasn't kicked a ball for us in 2 seasons.  

5 hours ago, Worthington said:

Neighbour, who's a Derby 'diehard', says there's similar talk amongst their fans. They seem confident Lawrence is on his way there !

That reminds me.  Must record 'Nightmare Neighbour Next Door' on channel 5.

5 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If Lawrence didn't play for Leicester we'd probably buy him

Or the FIFA, Champ Man, YouTube warriors would be demanding we sign him up at least! 

As we already own him, he's more a case of GERRRRIMON, than GERRRIMIN! 

8 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Or the FIFA, Champ Man, YouTube warriors would be demanding we sign him up at least! 

As we already own him, he's more a case of GERRRRIMON, than GERRRIMIN! 

Ffs don't sell him to the sheepsha**ers. He would be a massive improvement  on their current squad. Send him to Belgium to get game time. Surely this is one of the reasons our owners bought this club, to bring on academy players.

2 hours ago, CyprusFox said:

Ffs don't sell him to the sheepsha**ers. He would be a massive improvement  on their current squad. Send him to Belgium to get game time. Surely this is one of the reasons our owners bought this club, to bring on academy players.

Totally agree with. This player is still young and one for the future of LCFC 

Do not sell him to derby. 

14 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes, but don't forget we've been paying him a tidy sum each year of his Contract. I think it's 3 years now. So there won't be much left out of 7 million.

Plus if he's been told he won't be playing regularly then maybe he wants to move himself.

he came young from united. I imagine max 15k per week. and Ipswich were paying some of that last season.

15 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yeah, but why should we be desperate? We should just manage our squad better. I.e. Don't sell Lawrence or Mahrez. Give Lawrence the chance he deserves.

Agree.. If we give Lawrence away for 7m, then somebody at the Club wants firing.. How much were we quoted for Brady?  This would be bad business. At least give him an opportunity first.

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Agree.. If we give Lawrence away for 7m, then somebody at the Club wants firing.. How much were we quoted for Brady?  This would be bad business. At least give him an opportunity first.

He has one year left on his contract. We either sell him or get him to sign another deal because we're going to play him.

This is one when we have to trust Shaky and Co to get to the right conclusion. I'm happy to trust their judgement either way as I haven't seen enough of Lawrence to have an informed opinion.

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

he came young from united. I imagine max 15k per week. and Ipswich were paying some of that last season.

Yes that sounds about right, So I  suspect his total cost to us would be in the region of 3.5 Million 

So we could still make a small profit if he leaves.

He has Goals in him which would be a big bonus, the question is if he can get into the Team.

My issue with movine him on is that we don't appear to be linked (strongly) with very many wide players. That's not to say we aren't interested in wingers but in this day and age, we are USUALLY aware about some sort of interest if there is any. 

We currently have Mahrez, Albrighton, Gray and Musa. One is potentially going and Musa doesn't appear to have what it takes, so I don't see the harm in keeping him because I'd much rather see him given an oppertunity over Musa. 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Surely if he planned to sell him why include him in so many games?

One of Lawrence/Musa will leave so perhaps Shakespeare is giving them minutes to see who performs better before making a decision

Archived