Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Al-aLondon-Foxile

Tom Lawrence

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

Dont know what to make of that. £7 mill for a player that can't make our 18 sounds good, but a talented young English winger tends to go for more than that these days. 

Yeah, but it's better than him leaving for free this time next year! 

£7m seems cheap for a 23 year old with his stats last season.

It sounds like he has no future here and we're probably desperate to sell and Derby are desperate to buy so it will happen. I'd like to think that if he's going this cheap we've protected ourselves from losing out in the future with decent add ons.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

It sounds like he has no future here and we're probably desperate to sell and Derby are desperate to buy so it will happen. I'd like to think that if he's going this cheap we've protected ourselves from losing out in the future with decent add ons.

Or hopefully we've done a Man City and put in a £10m buy back clause

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Or hopefully we've done a Man City and put in a £10m buy back clause

I can't see that, I think his time here is done. He couldn't have done much more last season and still couldn't make our bench this season.

Just now, Gerard said:

I can't see that, I think his time here is done. He couldn't have done much more last season and still couldn't make our bench this season.

Its true and with the level we are aiming for he may not be good enough for that. Hes probably a decent championship player and maybe bottom end of prem but if we're aiming for top half then hes prob not good enough for that. Never going to get in ahead of Mahrez, Gray and Albrighton 

11 minutes ago, sdb said:

Dont know what to make of that. £7 mill for a player that can't make our 18 sounds good, but a talented young English winger tends to go for more than that these days. 

Just as well he's Welsh then...

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Its true and with the level we are aiming for he may not be good enough for that. Hes probably a decent championship player and maybe bottom end of prem but if we're aiming for top half then hes prob not good enough for that. Never going to get in ahead of Mahrez, Gray and Albrighton 

Yeah who knows what his level will be?

He's 23 and Shaky still can't get him ahead of Mahrez, Gray and Albrighton. Perhaps he ends up being a mid table PL player at best so it's good for us to cash in whilst we can and for Lawrence to start a new chapter in his career at an ambitious Championship club.

It's a shame but would be unfair on the player if he has virtually no chance of getting in the squad at his age. He needs the move for the good of his career, rather than being loaned season after season. Also with his contract coming to an end, which most likely wouldn't have been renewed even if offered, it's best for the club.

Really would of liked to see what he can do but understand and respect the decision

I think we're missing a massive trick by insisting on a rigid 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 thus meaning we have no use for attacking midfielders. I don't think playing him wide is his best position.

Lawrence would thrive in this role, we need to make best use out of the squad and letting him go for a pittance to Derby is poor business.

1 hour ago, CollinsLCFC said:

It's a shame but would be unfair on the player if he has virtually no chance of getting in the squad at his age. He needs the move for the good of his career, rather than being loaned season after season. Also with his contract coming to an end, which most likely wouldn't have been renewed even if offered, it's best for the club.

Really would of liked to see what he can do but understand and respect the decision

Agree

He has requested a transfer.

All points to a move being of mutual benifit particularly with him only having a year left.

Do think we need a clause in a deal.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

This 

Archived