Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MisterFoxKillen

The Phone Call | By Claudio Ranieri [The Players' Tribune]

What a gentleman of football. It's a shame things didn't work out but it was the right thing to do at the time. He'll forever be remembered and held in such high regard for what he was a part of here. The video of Andrea Bocelli singing at the KP will NEVER get old and NEVER fail to bring me close to tears. 

The biggest disgrace surrounding Claudio Ranieri was the hostile treatment he received on this forum. 

As it turns out the decision to sack him was vindicated, and with the benefit of hindsight; correct.

It wasn't working out, but that was no reason to lay into an honest, hard working manager who played a major role in our biggest ever achievement. Whatever happened in that dressing room, we'll probably never know. I could never use the kind of words some on here were using in the same sentence as Claudio. Clown comes to mind. 

He lost his way towards the end but nothing will stop him from being an all time club legend in my eyes.

Guest MattP

But when I opened the door this time, I saw something different. Something I never expected. A crowd even bigger than when we had won the title! They had brought chocolate, champagne, cards — everything! They cried, they gave me their support … it was a very emotional moment.

I’ll never forget the number of people who came to say goodbye.

See, it is not just the players and the managers who are part of making something beautiful … it is the supporters too. And to the people of Leicester, I want to thank you. You’ve made me a very happy man.

So, my life right now is in Nantes, where I was hired last month, but I still carry something very special in my heart: the people of Leicester.

:thumbup::cry:

54 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

The biggest disgrace surrounding Claudio Ranieri was the hostile treatment he received on this forum. 

As it turns out the decision to sack him was vindicated, and with the benefit of hindsight; correct.

It wasn't working out, but that was no reason to lay into an honest, hard working manager who played a major role in our biggest ever achievement. Whatever happened in that dressing room, we'll probably never know. I could never use the kind of words some on here were using in the same sentence as Claudio. Clown comes to mind. 

He lost his way towards the end but nothing will stop him from being an all time club legend in my eyes.

No, I have to disagree. The biggest disgrace was the media over reaction, claiming all the players were snakes, saying the supporters (who were actually close to the club and could see what was happening) who agreed with the sacking were all back stabbers, were ruining football etc. The sports media showed themselves up to be clueless wankers, especially the way they all turned coat and said how good the decision was 4 weeks later after Shakey started winning. The media lost all respect then.

32 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

No, I have to disagree. The biggest disgrace was the media over reaction, claiming all the players were snakes, saying the supporters (who were actually close to the club and could see what was happening) who agreed with the sacking were all back stabbers, were ruining football etc. The sports media showed themselves up to be clueless wankers, especially the way they all turned coat and said how good the decision was 4 weeks later after Shakey started winning. The media lost all respect then.

I agree with what you say here.

However your reply was to a guy (Nod.E) saying there's been a load of wankers on here - our own fans ffs - being totally disrespectful and out of order considering the mind blowing success we had while he was here.

Fine, he'd reached the end of the line, but some of that stuff I've read on here against Claudio has been shameful.

And to these aforementioned people I say **** off.

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I agree with what you say here.

However your reply was to a guy saying there's been a load of wankers on here - our own fans ffs - being totally disrespectful.

Fine, he'd reached the end of the line,

but some of that stuff I've read on here against Claudio has been shameful.

And to these aforementioned people I say **** off.

He said the most disgraceful thing about it all, was people on here, and I disagreed as I think the media furore over it all was worse than a handful of idiots on here who (luckily) don't have the whole of the nation listening to them. Unfortunately, the media had the whole nations ears to spout absolute bollocks and slander our club, our players and us fans, rather than a few on here in a relatively closed environment, if any of that makes sense? lol 

We're all entitled to our opinions so it's no biggie, even if my first sentence of me previous reply seemed a little narky. 

Something we can all agree on though, was that those going overboard on here about him with some of the insults was not justified and they can fvck off indeed :thumbup:

For one short moment the stars aligned. 

My son and I are Leicester fans and ST holders but also follow Roma (our Italian family support Juventus and Chelsea, the glory hunters).

I buy and listen to Andrea Boccelli's music, but could never afford to go and see him.

We get Claudio as manager, Italian family become interested in Leicester. 

Leicester City win Premiership! 

Italian family get emotional. 

Roma fans come to Leicester against Everton to salute our team and their ex manager Ranieri. Huge banners hanging from the Stadio Olympico and Roma players seen in local bar wearing Leicester City shirts.

I see Andrea Boccelli sing live with Claudio next to him with his arm aloft as if conducting a huge choir (it still brings a lump to my throat before a game).

I see Claudio and our magnificent Captain Wes lift the trophy aloft (how maligned have both these been since by some on these pages).

None of us will ever forget all the scenes and the proving wrong of the media and pundits. This was probably the most beautiful time ever in football and we should cherish it, and also the man who was the catalyst, without whom it would not have happened. 

Bravo Claudio,  grazie di tutto!

56 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Probably the last true gentleman left in football.  Really wish there could have been a way for him to stay at the Club.

Not really

3 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Cruising for thumbs up rep pointslike a boss! lol

Thinking Claudio's time was up wasn't so binary as to think we all wanted to knife him. The media, and a lot of fans, couldn't understand that you could both immensely respect what he did, but at the same time think it was time for a change. Why we're the two deemed as incompatible?

Unfortunately that's not as good or as sexy a headline or can be encapsulated in a 140 word tweet. I lost a lot of respect for how the sports world covered Claudio's dismissal. Just a bunch of ill informed twats who want to sensationalise, and people shouting who really weren't informed enough or frankly entitled to an opinion.

Archived