Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Iheanacho

Mark Vivian-Foe

Finidi George

Nwanko Kanu

George Weah

Michael Essien

Didier Drogba

Samuel Eto

Mahamodo Diarra

Lucas Radebe

Benni McCarhty

Seydou Keita

YaYa Toure

Kolo Toure

Lauren

Bruce Grobbelar

Geremi

Jay-Jay Okocha

Samuel Kuffour

Roger Milla 

Riyad Mahrez

Sado Mane

Mohammed Salah

Yacice Bahrami 

Serge Aurier

Pierra Aubameyang

..... some of those would get in the Leicester team now, never mind in their prime!! 

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

Mark Vivian-Foe

Finidi George

Nwanko Kanu

George Weah

Michael Essien

Didier Drogba

Samuel Eto

Mahamodo Diarra

Lucas Radebe

Benni McCarhty

Seydou Keita

YaYa Toure

Kolo Toure

Lauren

Bruce Grobbelar

Geremi

Jay-Jay Okocha

Samuel Kuffour

Roger Milla 

Riyad Mahrez

Sado Mane

Mohammed Salah

Yacice Bahrami 

Serge Aurier

Pierra Aubameyang

..... some of those would get in the Leicester team now, never mind in their prime!! 

True...these belong to the upper echelon of African football. Some of the guys I named were on a scale lower, just to show there was more talent beyond the well known guys.

Good to see Sammy Kuffour up there. Bayern legend.

Just now, Jobyfox said:

Oh come on.

Why?????

Why has nobody mentioned the name Sol Bamba!!!!!!!!!! 

..... because he was a bomb scare and uttter shite?!? 

45 minutes ago, Rossiman said:

Hell yeah! If you're gonna call Scholes and Ashley Cole world class, then you're damned right the Africans I just named are world class.

This is a wind up right???

I can't be ar*ed to actually read the whole "debate" but is this guy seriously suggesting that if someone classes Paul Scholes as world class, widely regarded as the best midfielder of his generation by so many including the likes of Zidane and Xavi, then Gervinho and Radebe, Lucas f**king Radebe, are easily classed as also being world class?? 

Might as well throw Quinton Fortune into the mix as well!!!

Africa has produced some very good players, some world class players, Gervinho and Radebe can't really be classed as either 

In all fairness on the mention of Marcel Desailly, he's not the only one who could have represented an African nation but didn't. Kante for one could have played for Mali as his parents were from there. Viera is another that springs to mind. All world class players

12 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Two of those are without a doubt world class. 

In truth? Debatable. Scholes had some great scoring instincts, but he wasn't exactly a creative midfielder. Gerrard was good and could score spectacular goals from long range, but  I'm not too sure what else he brought to the table.  Look, in my view, England has produced few if any genuine world class players since Bobby Charlton, Lineker, John Barnes, Shearer, Sheringham, McManaman etc. I don't do media hype.

19 minutes ago, Rossiman said:

True...these belong to the upper echelon of African football. Some of the guys I named were on a scale lower, just to show there was more talent beyond the well known guys.

Good to see Sammy Kuffour up there. Bayern legend.

Fantastic excuse for calling a list of average top division players world class lol

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

In all fairness on the mention of Marcel Desailly, he's not the only one who could have represented an African nation but didn't. Kante for one could have played for Mali as his parents were from there. Viera is another that springs to mind. All world class players

Yeah but England could have had Andy King, if it wasn't for damn Welsh grandma :@

6 minutes ago, Rossiman said:

In truth? Debatable. Scholes had some great scoring instincts, but he wasn't exactly a creative midfielder. Gerrard was good and could score spectacular goals from long range, but  I'm not too sure what else he brought to the table.  Look, in my view, England has produced few if any genuine world class players since Bobby Charlton, Lineker, John Barnes, Shearer, Sheringham etc. I don't do media hype.

If you don't think Scholes was world class then every point you make is invalid. Nothing to do with media hype. The guy controlled games, the tempo of a game was dictated by how scholes wanted to play. He offered so so much more than just a goal scoring instinct. The only thing he couldn't do was tackle. If Xavi comes out and says Scholes is world class, then I'm going to side with.

You cannot put him in the same bracket as Kanoute!

11 minutes ago, Rossiman said:

In truth? Debatable. Scholes had some great scoring instincts, but he wasn't exactly a creative midfielder. Gerrard was good and could score spectacular goals from long range, but  I'm not too sure what else he brought to the table.  Look, in my view, England has produced few if any genuine world class players since Bobby Charlton, Lineker, John Barnes, Shearer, Sheringham, McManaman etc. I don't do media hype.

lol

Scholes gerrad and cole are not, then you put Sheringham and McManaman that are

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

If you don't think Scholes was world class then every point you make is invalid. Nothing to do with media hype. The guy controlled games, the tempo of a game was dictated by how scholes wanted to play. He offered so so much more than just a goal scoring instinct. The only thing he couldn't do was tackle. If Xavi comes out and says Scholes is world class, then I'm going to side with.

You cannot put him in the same bracket as Kanoute!

Why do you need Xavi to say it? No one needs anyone to tell us Messi or Neymar are world class. It's self-evident. I think Scholes was a great fit for the style of football Ferguson played. Not sure he would have adapted to the style of say, Barcelona or AC Milan. For me that is what makes a truly great player - the ability to lock down your position in any team on earth.

2 minutes ago, Rossiman said:

Why do you need Xavi to say it? No one needs anyone to tell us Messi or Neymar are world class. It's self-evident. I think Scholes was a great fit for the style of football Ferguson played. Not sure he would have adapted to the style of say, Barcelona or AC Milan. For me that is what makes a truly great player - the ability to lock down your position in any team on earth.

Yes and Gervinho did that! ????

go to bed! 

8 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

lol

Scholes gerrad and cole are not, then you put Sheringham and McManaman that are

I've been arguing with friends for over 20 years, to the effect that Steve McManaman was the most brilliant and skilful player ever produced by England. He simply wasn't utilised properly by managers. At Madrid he showed his genius, and remains a legend there till date.

1 minute ago, Rossiman said:

I've been arguing with friends for over 20 years, to the effect that Steve McManaman was the most brilliant and skilful player ever produced by England. He simply wasn't utilised properly by managers. At Madrid he showed his genius, and remains a legend there till date.

Step away from the forum lad ...that son is pure crazy talk ! 

Archived