Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

It must be really rubbish not being able to get through both the easy groups and the hard groups in the Champions League. At some point I guess you just run out of blame and just have to accept what you are.

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Re: the "obsession".

It's not just the rivalry from 2016, because, let's face it, we totally and utterly had the last laugh. (did I mention that Leicester City won the Premier League :scarf:)

It's the media constantly rimming Spurs.

Look how they make excuses for Delete Alli when he makes yet another nasty foul.

It's the ubiquity of Glenn Hoddle and Jermain Jenas, both of whom are fingernails down the blackboard.

It's them being allowed to play at Wembley.

Screw them, I really enjoyed that this evening.

You can add the '82 FA Cup semi and '99 League Cup final to that list mate :thumbup:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

You can add the '82 FA Cup semi and '99 League Cup final to that list mate :thumbup:

Amen, pal.

In 1982 I was at the amazing quarter final, but I missed the Semi and had to listen to the radio.

My cousin, from Wigston, said he was a Spurs fan and I remember that he properly rubbed it in after they beat us in the semi.

I noticed, however  that he put a Leicester City badge on his Facebook in 2015 and posted quite a bit about our title charge as if he was a lifelong fan.... 

42 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Re: the "obsession".

It's not just the rivalry from 2016, because, let's face it, we totally and utterly had the last laugh. (did I mention that Leicester City won the Premier League :scarf:)

It's the media constantly rimming Spurs.

Look how they make excuses for Delete Alli when he makes yet another nasty foul.

It's the ubiquity of Glenn Hoddle and Jermain Jenas, both of whom are fingernails down the blackboard.

It's them being allowed to play at Wembley.

Screw them, I really enjoyed that this evening.

Couldn't agree more. They are a total shit stain of a football team. Can't stand the fans, cant stand the media hype around them, cant stand Alli and Kane. I do like Pochetino however but that's one of the only ok things about Spurs. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Couldn't agree more. They are a total shit stain of a football team. Can't stand the fans, cant stand the media hype around them, cant stand Alli and Kane. I do like Pochetino however but that's one of the only ok things about Spurs. 

Don't mind Kane. Alli is a little scroat thought. 

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

Don't mind Kane. Alli is a little scroat thought. 

I can't really explain my dislike for Kane. Probably stems back to when he played for us and every time he came on as sub he was more bothered about sorting his hair out than taking any interest in playing for us. Ive just always wanted him to do badly and every season i tell my mates he's gonna go shit even though I know he's not haha. Lingard at United is another one. I just find him an annoying little **** and want him to be shit but he just keeps getting better even though I'm convinced he's not a premier league player haha. 

From what I saw Spurs were the better side for all but a 3 minute spell really, which makes their defeat more fun. Makes me laugh as well people saying they were unlucky with Kane hitting the post last minute despite the fact he was miles offside.

I've kind of got over the Spurs hate and would have praised them for getting through but still take satisfaction from them ballsing it up.

The media love to Bum spurs even when they haven't actually won anything!. there is more to being a football team than pretty football and being the "media darlings" because of it! the likes of Darren Gough saying they are his "second team" because they play such pretty football. you can play all the pretty football you like but you've still got to put a shift in and be able to mix it up and play different styles to win matches and that's what they need to learn that sometimes you have to win ugly". it's better to win ugly sometimes than play pretty football but get sucker punched and beaten!,