Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lanefox

Mahrez to .......................?

I suppose to his credit he's not ( well not yet anyway ) thrown his toys out of the pram or downed tools.

The trouble is the clock is ticking and now only 27 days until the transfer window slams shut.

If him and Drinky are snaffled of us then time is running out to bring quality players in.

... or maybe the club think they are already have cover should this scenario happen ?

11 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Yeah it's not like it's rocket science is it.

Roma, you want to take a brilliant player from us, one we don't want or need to sell - and you try to do so on the cheap?

Leicester should disengage, don't respond, literally ignore them. Give them the respect they gave Leicester with such a derisory offer.

Exactly wasn't their last offer a take it or leave it? We left it :) how is what Roma are doing not tapping up? Unsettling a contracted player so that they can get him on the cheap. 

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

I'm just saying take him out the team until the window closes then reject every offer lol 

Well we should reject every offer until someone puts down his worth, which is 50 mill at least... 

having to let kante go for a mere 32m was ridiculous

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I don't even think Roma are that great of a club anyway ... and I'm being serious

I was literally just about to post the same. 

we need to keep him no matter what. The prospect of Vardy, Riyad and Nacho is just too exciting not to be seen.

He could have gone one of two ways when Sky sports questioned him; either say that he's happy to be a Leicester player, quelling the fans' disdain towards him a bit - or this. By stating this publicly again, it's clear that in his mind he's elsewhere. 

What we MUST do is re-invest the fee we get for him - because without Mahrez we have virtually no creativity. 

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I don't even think Roma are that great of a club anyway ... and I'm being serious

I don't think Arsenal is that much of a step up either.

If Drinky goes to Chelsea then that is a big step up .... but Arsenal ?

Since Arsenal and Wenger last won the title Chelsea have won it

five times and also won the Champions League ... which Arsenal never have won

1 minute ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

He could have gone one of two ways when Sky sports questioned him; either say that he's happy to be a Leicester player, quelling the fans' disdain towards him a bit - or this. By stating this publicly again, it's clear that in his mind he's elsewhere. 

What we MUST do is re-invest the fee we get for him - because without Mahrez we have virtually no creativity. 

Sadly you're right. 

For such a "great club" they seem to be as tight as a ducks arsenal.  Think the club need to issue a statement saying that so far no club has come close to our valuation of a player who has won POTY a league title and been in the champions league group stage team of the tournament. All we have so far are derisory offers and no serious bids.

when selling a player you don't just have to think of 'does the price meet our valuation?'

You also have to ask yourself 'can we reinvest that money in a player of equivalent ability?'

The answer to that is clearly NO as we have run out of time this transfer window.

If I were the club I would tell Roma that we will will accept a £50m offer in the next transfer window IF we can source a replacement.

Nothing has changed. If our valuation isn't met he'll stay. He's looked pretty good and switched on pre season so I'd think he'd continue to when the season rolls around. Has a good season and he WILL be a £50m+ player and more clubs will be after him.

2 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

If he's adamant about leaving, sell him, get Hazard in. Better to do it now and the squad settled early rather than hang on trying to get another £5m, same with DD. 

but is Hazard interested in a move to City? As I said before, £50m is not much use to us if we can't a) find a replacement and b) persuade him to come

La Gazzetta dello Sport agree that the bid is €35m (£31.6m), but with the payment spread out in a complex structure.

It would effectively be a loan with obligation to buy at the end of the season, then Leicester City receive a percentage of any sell-on fee.

This is a similar deal to the ones that brought Mohamed Salah and Edin Dzeko to Roma from Chelsea and Manchester City respectively.

-----------------------------

Roma are really trying it on with their bid being "effectively being a loan with obligation to buy" like when they signed Salah and Dzeko.

The difference is that Man City and Chelsea were actively trying to sell those players whilst we are reluctant sellers so those clubs would be far more receptive than us to those sort of offers. Maybe they should turn their attention to Ulloa, Benalouane or King and we might be more responsive.

8 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Let's not start talking like Roma aren't a big club lol silly talk 

In English terms I'd say that they are a Spurs or an Everton. A big club, but not as head turning as the real heavyweights.

I like Mahrez very much, but he wants to go. I think we should hold out for a decent bid, but at the same time prepare for life without him. He's our past and not our future. I'm concerned that we're not even being linked to creative players who might be able to replace him. 

The longer this drags on is good for nobody, but I'd rather that then sell him on the cheap because of the statement it makes. 

15 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Let's not start talking like Roma aren't a big club lol silly talk 

They are a big club historically but Italian support has been dwindling, their average attendances last year were around the same as us (under 33000) Haven't won Serie A for 17 years and never won a major European trophy. Last final was in 91 UEFA cup. So yes they are big but could name a load of bigger European sides.

I don't think going from Leicester to Roma can be considered a big step forward in someone's career. And I say it as a Roma fan. Clearly at AS Roma you have more chances to play UCL every year and you can enjoy a better lifestyle, but when it comes to winning trophies then, unfortunately for us, you cannot expect to do it. Serie A is recovering but currently the Premier League is on another level. I guess he sees us as an intermediate step to reach the top, as most players do. If he comes, and I doubt it, he'll stay for no more than 1 or 2 seasons.

According to this UEFA rankings thingy, Roma are 27th behind the likes of Shakhtar Donesk, Zenit and Basel. Hardy a 'big' club in the grand scheme of things.

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/

And their average home attendance last year was 32,638 which is about the same as ours.

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/ita-serie-a-2016-2017/1/

Not really much of a step up is it Riyad :whistle:

Archived