Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He has plenty of other stats that outdo our lot, focus on those.

Across his career he's taking 1.7 shots pg (can't be arsed to find p90 stats) whereas Albrighton averages 1.0. There aren't any Albrighton shot maps available but I'd suggest the locations are slightly better.

MA's shooting accuracy is 44% whereas Townsend's is 38%

2 minutes ago, blueoveru said:

But Albrightons a workaholic,  up and down the line,with decent crossing abilities, every time I've seen Townsend he has drifted in and out of games  to easily for me

Considering how high his creative and his defensive stats are, I can only presume he does a fair amount of graft also. Always hard to tell without watching a dozen games against all sorts of teams of course.

9 minutes ago, sdb said:

Very underwhelmed by this. Mediocre player at a high cost in a position we don't need. 

So the DoF and scouting team have been on the weed then?

5 minutes ago, DB11 said:

Don't you go spamming my email reporting posts when you're goading people into replying to you with comments like this

I was attempting some light hearted banter on yet another thread that has become very serious and 'statty'. 

Whooooooooosh!

Disappointed to see so much pessimism for so little reason here. He will be a solid squad  player at worst, and at best could well challenge for a starting position.

Taking money out the the equation:

> Musa is off to Hull.

> Gray is huffing and puffing but fundamentally isn't nailing down a place on the team sheet.

> Will he hurt the balance of the team? Most probably not. Seems to be "a good egg"

> Is he motivated? Yes. Needs to impress for an England squad call up.

> Most importantly - will he improve the squad? Yes. He will replace Musa's spot on the bench, worst case. We need competition for places.

Shinji has upped his game since KI's arrival, this could well push up some other players performances.

Just now, FoxTrott said:

Disappointed to see so much pessimism for so little reason here. He will be a solid squad  player at worst, and at best could well challenge for a starting position.

> Musa is off to Hull.

> Gray is huffing and puffing but fundamentally isn't nailing down a place on the team sheet.

> Will he hurt the balance of the team? Most probably not. Seems to be "a good egg"

> Most importantly - will he improve the squad? Yes. He will replace Musa's spot on the bench, worst case. We need competition for places.

Shinji has upped his game since KI's arrival, this could well push up some other players performances.

Do Palace want to sell him? If so, why would a club who are currently in utter turmoil, want to offload the player

If he was much good?

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I was attempting some light hearted banter on yet another thread that has become very serious and 'statty'. 

Whooooooooosh!

Looks to me like it's all backfired and you've wound yourself up a treat!

9 minutes ago, FoxTrott said:

> Musa is off to Hull.

Palace give him generally positive views from a nose around Reddit. Sounds like they're desperately in need of funds to try and sign Sakho which is an absolute P1 for them at the moment. Some are "fed up" with him, but majority say he's a hard worker (yes, we like this trait) and pops up with some important goals. Fundamentally we've got our first 11, if he can challenge them then we should just pay the money for a squad player, like Chelsea are doing with DD.

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He did but villa didn't want to renew

Yes I know that. That's not the same as Palace who are in turmoil, wanting to sell one of their 'better players' with years left on,his contract?

Why would they do this if they rated him?

If I was Townsend I wouldn't want to leave Palace, where I'm pretty much a guaranteed starter, to come and sit on our bench, if he's lucky. He's not displacing Riyad or Marc and Gray is also better. But he'd be a better 4th choice than Musa. But why spend that much on a squad player?

Put it this way, if a club wanted to buy Albrighton tomorrow how much would he cost? £20-25m I assume. That's the market

Albrighton had 2 goals & 6 assists in 15/16. 2 goals and 3 assists in 14/15. If he played for another club and we were linked with him we would scoff at the idea of signing him quoting these stats. But since he plays for us we know his value to the team.

Every player's value cannot be quantified with stats.

Archived