Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

1 hour ago, somebum said:

Seems to me like there is a bit of a common theme developing when talking about these players who just don't seem to have adequate decision making skills. Probably a different topic for another forum somewhere tbh

You need to be binned.

If Mahrez stays, which is looking likely thus far, then Townsend will be on the bench as Albrighton rightly deserves his starting place. 

I actually think Gray will stay with us and has just been angling for a bumper deal as I believe he is one of the lowest paid etc. 

That means we would have Mahrez, Albrighton, Gray and Townsend, which would be amazing! Whether Townsend and Gray would accept playing second fiddle though is another matter entirely. I'd like to think Shakey would be more than confident enough to rotate these but so far he seems very much to stick with the same line-up and seems hesitant to change. 

I think that will be something he will have to change, if we are to push for top 8 finishes and have a squad brimming with top players. 

4 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Seems like ALL other teams believe they can mug us off - I wonder why. 

And you don't think this happens to all other clubs too? Hell, we took months to stump up £500k for George Thomas for goodness sake, pulling down the pants of a penniless League 2 club. Or the fact we're demanding £40m for Drinkwater? Love Drinky but Chelsea are mugs if they pay that.

I want Townsend AND Gray,

I cannot believe how we are treating this whole scenario. 

Just come out and say he's not for sale and guarantee him more game time. He's one of the brightest young talents we've ever had at this football club and we will end up letting him go unhappy and seeing him develop into a top class player elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Just come out and say he's not for sale and guarantee him more game time. He's one of the brightest young talents we've ever had at this football club and we will end up letting him go unhappy and seeing him develop into a top class player elsewhere.

Good point Totally agree with you. 

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

So do the club, they had no interest in selling him according to press.

How can you guarantee more time, he's third choice because we have better options.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So do the club, they had no interest in selling him according to press.

How can you guarantee more time, he's third choice because we have better options.

One of them doesnt want to be here, the other is a good all rounder but has nowhere near the potential of Gray. 

27 minutes ago, Babylon said:

In this market how much overpriced is £25m? I'd say perhaps only £5-7m, as they only got him for what they did originally because of his release clause.

It's difficult now because so many average players move for £10mill-£25mill. You've got clubs in the Championship spending £15mill on players.

Archived