Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

7 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Not going to lie, I would to take him. 

I would not be surprised if at some point in the future the club don't take the "we can't be arsed with this" anymore view point and just cash in. But that deal isn't happening, we'd be mad. 

I am sure Palace did not pay more than around £10-15 million for Townsend and he has struggled since that time

So Gray + cash would be a crazy piece of business.

Neither Gray nor Townsend can replace Mahrez but would prefer Gray I think he has a lot more potential and is the more valuable player by some margin.Roll on Friday have had enough of this speculation.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Who creates more than Gray.

Come on mate, you can't use Gray's bit part stats compared to Townsend who starts a hell of a lot more games than he does. It's not really comparable. Townsend certainly has a degree of end product whereas Gray is still wildly inconsistent but if there's any money changing hands in a swap deal it shouldn't be quite that dramatic! That values Townsend at £30-35 million based on what Gray's rumoured worth/rejected bids are. Townsend is falling in to Slimani territory for outrageous over pricing.

BREAKING NEWS

Crystal Palace are interested in Leicester winger Demarai Gray and have suggested a possible swap deal with Andros Townsend, according to Sky sources.

Frank de Boer wants Gray to bolster his options as he continues to develop a more progressive, passing style to the way Palace play. But Leicester are adamant they don't want to sell Gray, and are currently negotiating a new contract with the England under-21 international.

Craig Shakespeare likes Townsend, and Leicester spoke to Palace about him earlier in the window, but we understand the asking price of over £25m was too much for Leicester to consider, and they've moved on.

Leicester rejected a bid of £20m from Bournemouth for Gray earlier in this window.

Seems to me like there is a bit of a common theme developing when talking about these players who just don't seem to have adequate decision making skills. Probably a different topic for another forum somewhere tbh

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Come on mate, you can't use Gray's bit part stats compared to Townsend who starts a hell of a lot more games than he does. It's not really comparable. Townsend certainly has a degree of end product whereas Gray is still wildly inconsistent but if there's any money changing hands in a swap deal it shouldn't be quite that dramatic! That values Townsend at £30-35 million based on what Gray's rumoured worth/rejected bids are. Townsend is falling in to Slimani territory for outrageous over pricing.

I'm using what we've got, he's no less wildly inconsistent than Townsend. Sick of the usual shite from the usual suspects who have to slate the management at every turn.

Archived