Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I want Townsend AND Gray,

I cannot believe how we are treating this whole scenario. 

Just come out and say he's not for sale and guarantee him more game time. He's one of the brightest young talents we've ever had at this football club and we will end up letting him go unhappy and seeing him develop into a top class player elsewhere.

How and Why should we do that for one player such as Gray?

I do not remember in recent times us guaranteeing any player game time and he has had a number of opportunities but generally under whelms in the prem....he is talented but to be successful he needs a complete switch in attitude, listening and learning.

I think the club have done well by him to date and actually if Riyad and Albrighton are still around he is going to have to show a lot more than a good half against a championship side to warrant a start. Get your head down, work, practice and show the attitude of Chilwell and he may have more chance of getting a spot in the team - its bloody obvious we are going to lose Riyad at some point so his opportunities will increase and he would not be a certain starter at anyone bigger than us. Fact is that his agent is making the situation worse and constantly pushing his name around does not help the lad who is not the sharpest being kind!

I think the club are handling this situation and him brilliantly as they have done with all the rumoured exits so far as the owners will not be pushed around by other clubs, agents or individual player agenda's.

8 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

One of them doesnt want to be here, the other is a good all rounder but has nowhere near the potential of Gray. 

Potential or no potential, he is still worth his place in the team by an absolute mile. Mahrez might not want to be here, but he is here and he is still better than Gray. It's a difficult situation.

Townsend and Gray appear to be similar to me.

Quick, dribble well but their end-products let them down/stop them from reaching their respective potential.

But prefer to keep Gray as at his age, he can develop on his weaknesses even further and think if he keeps at it and shows he has learnt from the mistakes that have let him down - he has a bright future.

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Watch out row z

He probably will fit the team though. Hard working with not much else, but ultimately working well in the team. Hope he is worth it.

If he's replacing Musa then row Z will probably be better off.

2 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

If he's replacing Musa then row Z will probably be better off.

lol

I can hear the corner flags sighing in relief.

A swap of Musa for Townsend for me would be a good piece of business and certainly make us stronger. Keep Slim, Vardy, DD and Mahrez and happy day.

One more CB and it will be an almost faultless window (until all the signings fail anyway).

I'd take him as an addition, he has ability... with the right kind of management he would be quality...

and lets be real... Is FDB really going to be there much longer? He is a tragic attempt at a manager, so it's hardly surprising he isn't tearing up trees. 

25 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

I'd take him as an addition, he has ability... with the right kind of management he would be quality...

and lets be real... Is FDB really going to be there much longer? He is a tragic attempt at a manager, so it's hardly surprising he isn't tearing up trees. 

I think that's a bit of an excuse. Townsend hasn't really torn up trees wherever he's been.

This potential signing just does not excite me.

Archived