Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

54 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

I very much doubt that we will sign him.  I don't think any players will come in or any players will leave.  Bring back Sven and the deadline day speculation/medicals/done deals. 

Absolutely. Let's get Matt Mills back and bring fat Johnson out of retirement whilst we're at it.

47 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Absolutely. Let's get Matt Mills back and bring fat Johnson out of retirement whilst we're at it.

I'd take Johnson to replace Drinks and if we managed to get a loan deal for Mills and maybe got St Ledger in, then i'd say it was a decent window.

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Yes I know that. That's not the same as Palace who are in turmoil, wanting to sell one of their 'better players' with years left on,his contract?

Why would they do this if they rated him?

Albrighton didn't want to leave Villa, who were finishing comfortably in the bottom half season after season (much like Palace), their fans didn't want him to leave (again, like Palace). The only difference is Palace can actually sell Townsend for a decent sum of money, £20m +. Villa let Albrighton leave for FREE.

Also, Palace are in turmoil (like you say) because of their manager, which obviously indicates the manager isn't very good and quite possibly not the best judge of a player. So i wouldn't read too much into Palace wanting to let him go.

10 hours ago, Koke said:

Put it this way, if a club wanted to buy Albrighton tomorrow how much would he cost? £20-25m I assume. That's the market

Albrighton had 2 goals & 6 assists in 15/16. 2 goals and 3 assists in 14/15. If he played for another club and we were linked with him we would scoff at the idea of signing him quoting these stats. But since he plays for us we know his value to the team.

Every player's value cannot be quantified with stats.

He's a valuable member of our team but he's a backup dancer to the real quiz Mahrez and Vardy. You take Riyad out and don't replace him with a creative genius and you soon see the flaws and limitations to honest players like Albrighton. We'll be going berserk. 

I think when I've seen Townsend play he's been more of a traditional winger. He's fast, direct and takes people on and can cross. I've seen him in an England shirt be the best player on the pitch - he might be outstanding on the fast break with Vardy.

I genuinely wouldn't rule this out from being an excellent signing just yet.

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

I think when I've seen Townsend play he's been more of a traditional winger. He's fast, direct and takes people on and can cross. I've seen him in an England shirt be the best player on the pitch - he might be outstanding on the fast break with Vardy.

I genuinely wouldn't rule this out from being an excellent signing just yet.

Quite…

Has looked outstanding at times…. With our style, we could well get the best out of him.

29 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

So it seems An-dross has been lined up by the club as Riyad's replacement after all. That is beyond depressing and confirms we're back to being a fully fledged mid table club if we're lucky. 

As opposed to relegation fodder?

Townsend to Leicester could make sense IF we manage to bring in a more creative player for the central (attacking) midfield position alongside with him.

We do need a distributor of the ball, be it on the wing or in the center.

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Very depressing. He's not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination, but Riyad was our X-Factor. To replace him we need another player with genius dribbiling skill, technique, touch and finishing ability. Townsend is not that man :(.

The kind of player you are describing would cost at least £50m. Those kind of players won't come to us. 

we are losing our most creative player and getting Townsend in, sorry but I am worried .

Albrighton rate the lad .

Gray lacks a brain and final ball .

Townsend has prem experience but I don't feel he will be setting the world on fire at the KP .

lack of creative players = lack of goals .

4 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

we are losing our most creative player and getting Townsend in, sorry but I am worried .

Albrighton rate the lad .

Gray lacks a brain and final ball .

Townsend has prem experience but I don't feel he will be setting the world on fire at the KP .

lack of creative players = lack of goals .

Only way I can see us getting goals if we don't sign anyone creative is playing Slim with Vardy. Townsend and Albrighton can whip in some tasty balls. We won't have anyone that can pick a killer pass, other than an occasional one from Albrighton. 

20 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Townsend to Leicester could make sense IF we manage to bring in a more creative player for the central (attacking) midfield position alongside with him.

We do need a distributor of the ball, be it on the wing or in the center.

Chadli?

Riyad is nigh on irreplaceable so if we get Townsend we can't judge him on those terms, in his own right he could be an effective winger who could hurt teams on the counter, help us with two banks of four and get decent crosses in if we play Slimani. If he comes we can judge him on what he brings to the team rather than as Mahrez's replacement - few teams are blessed with someone as gifted as Riyad and the ones who are tend to be competing in Europe every season.

29 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Chadli?

As I said in another post, we will have to sign two players to try and replace Mahrez. A winger and a more central creative player. Townsend and Chadli fit the bill. 

Gutted to see Mahrez go, but signing these two would certainly help. 

12 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

As I said in another post, we will have to sign two players to try and replace Mahrez. A winger and a more central creative player. Townsend and Chadli fit the bill. 

Gutted to see Mahrez go, but signing these two would certainly help. 

Iheanacho will play the 10 role instead of Oka, that's what we're banking on. I can't say Albrighton, Gray / Townsend, Iheanacho and Vardy isn't a bad set of attacking players.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Iheanacho will play the 10 role instead of Oka, that's what we're banking on. I can't say Albrighton, Gray / Townsend, Iheanacho and Vardy isn't a bad set of attacking players.

True. I guess a lot will depend on how creative Iheanacho can be in that no.10 role. Even if Drinky stays, we still don't seem to have a player like Mahrez who can pick a defence splitting pass or beat a player or two with come trickery. Perhaps Gray can finally be given a run in the side and become that type of player for us. I think it will be very hard to replace Mahrez's passing though and his corners and set pieces are usually very handy.

Townsend for 25 Million then? and Gray to sign a new bumper deal to keep him happy?

Iheanacho never played as a No 10 at Man City. We have no idea how good he'd be in that role or if he could replace Mahrez' s creativity. As for Townsend, if people think Gray is frustrating wait till he's cutting inside and launching shots from 40 yards into the stand every other minute. Really not a fan of his at all.

Archived