Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Drew Peacock

Radio Leicester - Jason Bourne

Just listened to the Radio Leicester after-match podcast from Friday and Jason Bourne was on it. Not sure if I dreamt it, but thought he had left at the end of last season, as I seem to remember a send off for him on one of the phone-ins.

No great post of interest, and most people seem to slate their coverage anyway, but just curious if anyone knows what happened.

He's freelance now so guess he works for RL as when they need him. 

Don't dislike him tbh but hate when he has to work with Stringer. Stringer just then becomes more and more childish and stupid giggling when Bourne is around. 

Heard Bourne will work on TalkSport too now

2 minutes ago, separator said:

They got Matt Damon to play Jason Bourne in the movies. Wonder who they'll get to play Ian Stringer?

He's such a narcissist he'd insist on playing himself.

8 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Who cares ...

Exactly. He could be you.. or... me... or anyone that has a voice and can string a sentence together. Also, for the record, Stringer is a shit commentator. I don't care how much of a supporter of LCFC he claims to be his commentary style is sycophantic and crass without any insight into the game. He thinks that in-jokes with his summariser is clever and entertaining and that laughing at his own quips is good radio. It's not. It's ****ing annoying. So far up his own arse I bet he eats his own shit for breakfast.

3 hours ago, separator said:

They got Matt Damon to play Jason Bourne in the movies. Wonder who they'll get to play Ian Stringer?

Stringer thinks there's no-one it the current firmament of cinematic superstars who could adequately portray him. 

I'd go for Linda Lovelace 

14 hours ago, Parafox said:

Exactly. He could be you.. or... me... or anyone that has a voice and can string a sentence together. Also, for the record, Stringer is a shit commentator. I don't care how much of a supporter of LCFC he claims to be his commentary style is sycophantic and crass without any insight into the game. He thinks that in-jokes with his summariser is clever and entertaining and that laughing at his own quips is good radio. It's not. It's ****ing annoying. So far up his own arse I bet he eats his own shit for breakfast.

He's getting worse.

Every time he opens his mouth he seems

to feel the need to ramp up the bantermeter.

He's a "sports journalist" with heavy focus on football who wasn't aware of the offside trust which was set up to support victims of child abuse in football. I asked him and Stringer to push the club on why they hadn't yet supported the trust and he said he didn't know what it was...

Archived