Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Sheffield United... Away.. Tuesday.

4 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

When was the last time we saw Amartey at centre back during a Premier League game? It seems we use anyone but him, can't see him being put in against Man Utd. What makes you think he will? 

Nothing really, just the fact that Benny doesn't seem to be in CS's plans, I like Benny the loon, but it seems that CS doesn't and we aren't going to throw Knight in at the deep end. Big Dan has been talked up to be able to play CB and I can't see it being anyone else. the other option is Fuchs who has played CB in a back 3 a couple of times.

Jakupovic

Amartey Maguire Fuchs

Albrighton Wilf King Chilwell

Okazaki Gray

Slimani

we should be aiming to win as many of the cups as possible this year. 

strong team please, don't put out some misshapen, mish mash of randomness that will huff and puff but ultimately be expelled after conceding some embarrassment of a goal in the 85th minute. 

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

I little bit of rotation, Gray and Chilwell must start, one of Ulloa and Slimani to come in, Benny, Amartey or Knight to partner Maguire, King in for James, Jakupovic if ready

So:

Jakupovic

Simpson Maguire Amartey* Chilwell

Albrighton Wilf King Gray

Okazaki

Slimani

*I've gone for Amartey as I think he is going to be mr utility and most likely to be trusted against Man U at the weekend if Morgan isn't going to be back. In fact if Morgan is out for a while I would chose the back 3/4/5 I am going to play at Old Trafford otherwise that will be the first time they play together against Lukaku and co

I don't feel comfortable playing Simpson in this game as we will have a massive problem if our only RB gets injured. Same with Maguire. This could go to 120 mins. From the sounds of it, Sheff United will be playing their reserves and kids too, who may be more reckless in the tackle.

IMO if we are going to make more than 4 changes to the first team, the usual dynamic will be disrupted anyway so might as well go all the way and make 11 changes.

Amartey and Knight are interchangeable at CB/RB, but I rather Amartey play RB because we haven't got anyone else there and don't look like buying anyone, so we need to get some minutes into him in that position in case we need him there at some point. We have far better emergency CB cover than RB so are less likely to need Amartey there.

Hamer

Amartey Knight Benny Chilwell

Gray King Mendy Musa

Ulloa Slimani

Bring out the cavalry at 60 mins if necessary (...probably will be tbh, unless Ulloa can do flick-ons onto Slim's head)

We should be wary of making wholesale changes I think (I think James needs game time but am wary of him trying too much too soon so would be tempted to leave him out) but it would be interesting to see a few of the “fringe” players that are pushing for starts.

I would like to see….

Kasper

Simpson  Amartey  Maguire  Chilwell

Gray  Ndidi  Mendy  Mahrez

Okazaki

Slimani

Or……….  To give wee Oka a go right up top to see how he does….

Kasper

Albrighton  Ndidi  Mendy  Gray

Mahrez

Okazaki

But fvck knows, could be anything.  I would like to see Musa get some time too so possibly even…... (with Gray and Musa rotating)  X

Kasper

Albrighton  Ndidi  Mendy  Musa

Mahrez

Gray

16 minutes ago, KingGTF said:

It's unlikely but I really hope Vardy plays some minutes at least. He's obviously gonna get stick from their lot and it's always amusing seeing Vardy wind opposition fans up more.

Vards would absolutely love to get on the pitch, but after reading their forums and seeing some mention an 'accidental' injury to Vardy, I'm not so sure...

5 hours ago, Captain... said:

Nothing really, just the fact that Benny doesn't seem to be in CS's plans, I like Benny the loon, but it seems that CS doesn't and we aren't going to throw Knight in at the deep end. Big Dan has been talked up to be able to play CB and I can't see it being anyone else. the other option is Fuchs who has played CB in a back 3 a couple of times.

Jakupovic

Amartey Maguire Fuchs

Albrighton Wilf King Chilwell

Okazaki Gray

Slimani

Good shout then Cap! I've been out of the loop regarding interviews etc since July for reasons out of my control.

I agree, Benny is adequate until Huth is back or until we sign someone else. 

The team you posted looks good enough, it'd be pointless changing the full XI but still gives some fringe players some game time. 

Strong team please. Realistically we're unlikely to get anything at Old Trafford, and there's a two-week break after that. Let's build on the confidence gained from Saturday, take the competition seriously from day one and, who knows, it could lead to a trophy and Europe.

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Love that some people are so bitter and ignorant about the administration debacle.

It wasn't good at the time, but some people really do hate us for it. Not our fault there were no points deduction rules in place back then, let it go lads lol

Just now, Ted Maul said:

It wasn't good at the time, but some people really do hate us for it. Not our fault there were no points deduction rules in place back then, let it go lads lol

Not relevant either, we were 12 points clear of them.

What an odd reason to hate a club. We dicked almost everyone in the league despite having a load of OAPs and not being able to sign anyone. I'm sure the footballing world see us as such villains...

3 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

When was the last time we saw Amartey at centre back during a Premier League game? It seems we use anyone but him, can't see him being put in against Man Utd. What makes you think he will? 

He's been the only CB option from the bench for the last two matches. Huth is still out, if Wes is out we're left him or benelouane as partner for maguire and Amartey has been preferred as the bench option so far. 

Archived