Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Sagna

24 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

didn't we try to get Calum Chambers in .

Apparently, yes. 

He is only 22 though so would work well with having a youngster as an understudy/ competing - although he will be wanting more first team action now with a few years prem experience. 

He he has also played CB aswell though which backs up the playing 3 at the back, we was linked before we signed Dragovic. Maybe out back 3 could of been Chambers, Morgan and Maguire? With the option to go 4 at the back playing Simpson and dropping one of the 3 CBs? 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

No thanks.

How much are we going to pay for a 34 year old? .... I've seen how poor Zabaleta has looked for West Ham so far.

As in I've never understood why some people are so concerned about how much we will pay a player in wages? It's not coming out of your own pocket, frankly I'd rather have a back up to simmo than not and actually Sagna has been there done that so would be a very decent back up.. 

47 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

No thanks. 

If we are going to sign anyone as back up/ compete with Simo I'd rather have a youngster similar to Chilwell than an experienced player looking for their final pay cheque. 

I feel we haven't signed a RB for a reason this summer, either we are happy playing Amartey there when needed or we are going to switch formation to 3 at the back and play wing backs (Albrighton)

I think we'd all like a talented youngster coming through but if there isn't one we need to look elsewhere.

I'd also like to think the reason we haven't signed a right back is because we had this lined up with no deadline.

This is nothing but good news in my opinion.

Gerrimin 

I'd take him on 1 year contract. He was a top RB, and only just left City in the summer. Still has a lot of quality and something to offer, even as a bit part player.

I'm not that keen on Amartey at RB, so this would be a decent signing if Simpson ever got injured etc and could even push him for a starting place. 

People moaning about potential 50-60k wages like we are poor and it's their own money. Billionaire owners plus millions TV/Sponsorship deal ring a bell?.. :rolleyes:  

19 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I'd take him on 1 year contract. He was a top RB, and only just left City in the summer. Still has a lot of quality and something to offer, even as a bit part player.

I'm not that keen on Amartey at RB, so this would be a decent signing if Simpson ever got injured etc and could even push him for a starting place. 

People moaning about potential 50-60k wages like we are poor and it's their own money. Billionaire owners plus millions TV/Sponsorship deal ring a bell?.. :rolleyes:  

I imagine all our players are on 50k plus with the exception of Gray and Chilwell 

Let's say he gets a max of 2 million as signing bonus, he gets £70k a week for two season and an incentive of £500k a year for playing a set number of games (let's say 20 games)

That is (adding £7.280 million in wages for two years)  like buying a player for less than £10.3 million and not having to pay him a penny for two years! (take into consideration that this is all hypothetical)

TL:DR: GERMINNNNN!!

Ideal cover for us. Just frustrating that we have a squad size now that is what we were looking for last year instead of Luis f**king Hernandez as back up only to the defence until Jan.

I guess if we get cup runs going, we may need to rotate a bit. 

29 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Wouldnt be a headline busting addition but those are the kind of signings we've made our name on. 

Decent cover for an area that we need covering. Would be a decent bit of business.

I'm not entirely sure whether you're talking about Bacary or Ludivine Sagna here. :ph34r:

Archived