Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Return of the Matt

Sensible in my opinion, certainly a good squad player and if he gets back to full fitness, we have option to play him and / or get full value if we want to sell him.  I'm sure he's not on a massive wage, and would rather he signs now, as he'll certainly not be asking for as much right now vs. at Xmas when he may have played half a season (pending Adrien signing).

Sentimental for James there rather than the right thing to do as a football club. 

No other Premier League club would have offered him a fresh 4 year deal now, most Championship clubs wouldn't either, with his recent long term injury and generally being a Championship level player.

Let's not forget before his injury he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo in the premier league and when he was injured we survived the drop against all odds without him. 

Anyone who who keeps saying he's "Championship" level, have a word.

We won the Prem with a team of supposed rejects,  considered widely to be not good enough to be in the league, let alone win it.

Give Matty a chance.

:scarf:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, maddog said:

Let's not forget before his injury he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo in the premier league and when he was injured we survived the drop against all odds without him. 

Shhhhhhhh!  You can't say that (even though it's the truth).  He was integral to our survival three seasons ago, don't you know???

1 hour ago, maddog said:

Sentimental for James there rather than the right thing to do as a football club. 

No other Premier League club would have offered him a fresh 4 year deal now, most Championship clubs wouldn't either, with his recent long term injury and generally being a Championship level player.

He isn't a striker so judging him on his striking prowess is stupid. Kante couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo either, his one goal for us was an absolute scuff shot against Watford that never should have gone in. That doesn't make him shit.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Captain... said:

He isn't a striker so judging him on his striking prowess is stupid. Kante couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo either, his one goal for us was an absolute scuff shot against Watford that never should have gone in. That doesn't make him shit.

I don't think anybody on here has called him shit.  But what should he be judged on?  At Premier League level I don't see him being particularly good at any aspect of midfield play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chicagofox said:

I don't think anybody on here has called him shit.  But what should he be judged on?  At Premier League level I don't see him being particularly good at any aspect of midfield play.

Pass completion rate: 77% (better than Ndidi)

chances created: 1(better than Ndidi's 0) Average number of defensive actions: 4 (the same as Ndidi)

Seeing as he is still coming back from injury he will get better as he gets sharper. He has worked hard to come back from injury and at the moment is our best option in midfield, until Iborra gets fit and this mess with Silva is resolved and deserves to be rewarded.

2 hours ago, chicagofox said:

Clearly you missed the amazing escape that Leicester made from relegation. He was Leicesters midfield, alongside Cambiaso. So he has proved himself at premier league level.  I remember watching him twist his knee in front of me. Heartbreaking. So when people slag him off from thousands of miles away I hate it. Prove them wrong Matty

• Like 3