Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

Bob Dylan is absolute shite and, basically, a massive fraudster. He’s a pathetic instrumentalist who can’t sing for toffee. And - I’m sorry - his songwriting ain’t all that. 

I’ve had the misfortune of seeing the old **** live and he was a shambles. 

I genuinely don’t know how he could have been a professional musician for 100 years (or whatever) and not work out how to play his guitar properly.

All the decent musical parts in his songs were played by others.

Twat.

I'm guessing you were at Hyde Park this weekend? I heard he came on, played a few songs and never said a word to the audience 

Edited by Izzy

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

Bob Dylan is absolute shite and, basically, a massive fraudster. He’s a pathetic instrumentalist who can’t sing for toffee. And - I’m sorry - his songwriting ain’t all that. 

I’ve had the misfortune of seeing the old **** live and he was a shambles. 

I genuinely don’t know how he could have been a professional musician for 100 years (or whatever) and not work out how to play his guitar properly.

All the decent musical parts in his songs were played by others.

Twat.

Well. 

I mean. You're in the right thread. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Buce said:

Mixed according to this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48783913

Dylan's on-stage patter is non-existent now, but one thing that remains undiminished is his ability to play the harmonica, and while some of best-loved songs - including Forever Young and Don't Think Twice - were omitted, such is his arsenal it would have been impossible to send everybody home happy.

After a long day of music in the sun, large sections of the crowd began to lose interest as Dylan embarked on a hat-trick of later career tunes, although he soon won them back with an upbeat You've Gotta Serve Somebody, followed by an encore of an intriguing Blowin' in the Wind and the brilliantly-titled It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry.

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

I'm guessing you were at Hyde Park this weekend? I heard he came on, played a few songs and never said a word to the audience 

No. I saw him in Manchester in 2002.

I genuinely had no idea he was playing this weekend, it’s purely coincidental timing.

Edited by Saxondale

7 hours ago, Stadt said:

Sean from Enderby’s great. Clearly someone taking the piss.

It's brilliant when he gets quoted in decent level papers and sources. 

He must be bloody loving it.

He's an arse, but it's hilarious to watch him toy with the journalists that believe him.

• Like 1

city is used when there’s two teams in the same place. city and united in manc, city and rovers in bristol. nobody is going to get confused about which leicester team we support, cos there’s only one. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

city is used when there’s two teams in the same place. city and united in manc, city and rovers in bristol. nobody is going to get confused about which leicester team we support, cos there’s only one. 

I have absolutely no idea why people get so precious about it. 

It's THE most Internet football fan thing to get pissy about. 

• Like 1

On the Bob Dylan theme, most 'legendary' artists are usually crap by the time they get past a certain age. They only sell out stadiums based purely on their name previously and obtain a pull from the vast majority based on nostalgia on how good they once were and the desire to say 'I've seen them live' before they die.

Seeing someone in 2019 who peaked 50 years before is about as relevant as saying 'I've seen Socrates play' when watching him as a 50 something for that Yorkshire amateur team.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nalis said:

On the Bob Dylan theme, most 'legendary' artists are usually crap by the time they get past a certain age. They only sell out stadiums based purely on their name previously and obtain a pull from the vast majority based on nostalgia on how good they once were and the desire to say 'I've seen them live' before they die.

Seeing someone in 2019 who peaked 50 years before is about as relevant as saying 'I've seen Socrates play' when watching him as a 50 something for that Yorkshire amateur team.

I’m not just dissing him as a live act, I’m dissing him as a recording artist too. His voice sounds like something they’d use in Camp X-Ray to torture people through the night.

And - I’m sorry - he can’t play the harmonica. He just can’t.

I wasnt slating Dylan in particular, my comment was generally speaking of once legendary artists who match the criteria I mentioned.

For example, I love Fleetwood Mac and was going to go to Wembley to watch them but they sound shit live recently based on the clips I've seen.

Edited by Nalis

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

I wasnt slating Dylan in particular, my comment was generally speaking of once legendary artists who match the criteria I mentioned.

For example, I love Fleetwood Mac and was going to go to Wembley to watch them but they sound shit live recently based on the clips I've seen.

I think far worse than that is when bands tour under their historical name with just one or two members of the original line up.

'Lynyrd Skynyrd' are touring the UK atm. I mean, wtf.

Just now, Buce said:

I think far worse than that is when bands tour under their historical name with just one or two members of the original line up.

'Lynyrd Skynyrd' are touring the UK atm. I mean, wtf.

Misfits are tragic for this, especially because Misfits has become a brand for merchandising more than anything else which is the only reason Jerry Only still calls all his bands Misfits. 

Which is pretty disgustingly un-punk. 

• Like 1