Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

15 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Willian would walk into our 11 surely?

Long term our options are better but I'd definitely make room for Willian on either side of the 3 behind Vards coming in from wide.

I'd argue Pedro probably would as well.

Willian’s finished. Chelsea fans are fed up of him half arsing games and he got 3 goals + 6 assists last season which is terrible return for a side in the top 4. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think that's the epitome of a popular opinion. 

Not from what I've seen on Twitter and the amount of attention it got on social media in general. Seen far too much sympathy for it lol

Really dont understand why the Cricket World Cup with England in it (played in England) gets moved from Channel 4 to More 4 whilst the British F1 is on. Surely the Cricket World Cup final is more important than a race in a dying sport in a championship that is realistically won by Hamilton already. Move the F1 to More4.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Really dont understand why the Cricket World Cup with England in it (played in England) gets moved from Channel 4 to More 4 whilst the British F1 is on. Surely the Cricket World Cup final is more important than a race in a dying sport in a championship that is realistically won by Hamilton already. Move the F1 to More4.

Because it'll be part of C4's contract to show the that F1 race live that they have to show it on their main station. Also a couple of hours F1 won't clear the whole days schedule, and they were always showing the F1 on C4 anyway, so its business as usual, whereas sticking the cricket on last minute would cause a lot of scheduling issues. Obviously choice really.

Irrelevant of the channel moving, main thing is its on 'normal' TV, meaning so many people who wouldn't normally get the opportunity can watch the final. Potential for so many others to get hooked on the sport and for kids to want to give it a try.

12 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Skiing isn’t a holiday for normal people. It’s a holiday for posh pretentious twats. 

Oh oh apres ski yarrrr. Piss arf

depends where u go i think. we went to bulgaria and there was deffo not any posh people there. can imagine the alps at peak times is disgusting for tories and weird c unts tho. 

40 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Irrelevant of the channel moving, main thing is its on 'normal' TV, meaning so many people who wouldn't normally get the opportunity can watch the final. Potential for so many others to get hooked on the sport and for kids to want to give it a try.

I agree but I think the main gripe about losing the terrestrial coverage was it happened after the best series in a generation. If it had gone two years later, or if we'd lost 3-1 (as it could easily have been), then maybe the resentment wouldn't have been so great. Channel 4's coverage was average at best, the commentary team usually was excellent but going off during the afternoon session for racing (sticking the cricket on Film 4 which wasn't available to non-terrestrial viewers as it was before Freeview) and Countdown is frankly unacceptable.

I would be happy to see a return to terrestrial TV but it needs proper coverage. Sky don't fail on that count, whatever is said about them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Corky said:

I agree but I think the main gripe about losing the terrestrial coverage was it happened after the best series in a generation. If it had gone two years later, or if we'd lost 3-1 (as it could easily have been), then maybe the resentment wouldn't have been so great. Channel 4's coverage was average at best, the commentary team usually was excellent but going off during the afternoon session for racing (sticking the cricket on Film 4 which wasn't available to non-terrestrial viewers as it was before Freeview) and Countdown is frankly unacceptable.

I would be happy to see a return to terrestrial TV but it needs proper coverage. Sky don't fail on that count, whatever is said about them.

Honesty I wasn't sure on the background of  4 stopping its coverage. Just as with so many sports, it's cutting out groups of people who can't afford to pay to watch, football, f1, rugby etc.

Sky's coverage is good, and they've put money into the sport. Just cuts out too many. We have sky for the football and only reason I tried to watch was that i saw it on, the number of other people who would be doing that would be massive if it was on freeview 

I dont feel sorry for New Zealand in the cricket at all.

Their players seems to come across well but their media coverage have been so salty in defeat. They've always been so arrogant with the All Blacks over the years in rugby (shame as they are such a great team) but its a shame thats been the case in cricket too. Fvck 'em.

• Like 1

Bob Dylan is absolute shite and, basically, a massive fraudster. He’s a pathetic instrumentalist who can’t sing for toffee. And - I’m sorry - his songwriting ain’t all that. 

I’ve had the misfortune of seeing the old **** live and he was a shambles. 

I genuinely don’t know how he could have been a professional musician for 100 years (or whatever) and not work out how to play his guitar properly.

All the decent musical parts in his songs were played by others.

Twat.