Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

10 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

When you get a good game, rugby union is brilliant to watch. I love the physical, fast-paced and frantic nature of it. 

I feel the same about Test Match cricket. In fact, all cricket. Pins me back in my seat with the breath-taking speed of play. And Oh, how I love it when they stop for tea.

I assume you were being sarcastic?

Edited by Parafox

Just now, Parafox said:

I feel the same about Test Match cricket. In fact, all cricket. Pins me back in my seat with the breath-taking speed of play. And Oh, how I love it when they stop for tea.

I am a cricket fan but for me it 20/20 is easily the best form of cricket to watch. So exciting! 

10 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Fair enough and I agree to some degree but it's still a grind with all the stop-start situations.

It can be frustrating, but many other sports are like that too. NFL for instance is very stop-start and is very popular. I will say that bad rugby matches are dreadful to watch, as with pretty much any sport. England vs Scotland yesterday being a prime example, but when you get two teams going at it, it can be very exciting. 

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

It can be frustrating, but many other sports are like that too. NFL for instance is very stop-start and is very popular. I will say that bad rugby matches are dreadful to watch, as with pretty much any sport. England vs Scotland yesterday being a prime example, but when you get two teams going at it, it can be very exciting. 

NFL would flow quite well if only they'd let it. You could easily complete a game in 2 hours but unfortunately America's obsession with selling you some tat means they have to stop every couple of minutes for some ads.

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

Partly because anything he says winds up the insecure lot on here. Essentially, he’s a troll pundit - he doesn’t seriously believe Celtic’s reserves are bigger than us but paunchy blokes on here seethe every time he opens his mouth.

He’s a bit prickly with other pundits too which is funny 

I realise that's what he's, I just find it a bit cringey and sad.

He has a really whiny Norfolk accent too which does my head in. 

Just now, Rain King said:

Would hope that wasn't  unpopular. Dyer far more important in our rise.

Me neither but it seems like people remember Knockaert ripping the championship up for us whereas I don’t remember any standout moments 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Would hope that wasn't  unpopular. Dyer far more important in our rise.

As much as that is true, I was actually disappointed in him that he didn't sign the extension with us. I know it was only a year and he obviously has to think about about his family's security but he had a chance to play in the premier league and he didn't take it. In what is a short career, I can't help but feel you have to make the most of it and he didn't. 

Edited by BenTheFox

17 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I’d say T20 is my least favourite format. The shortened boundaries, the bat-friendly pitches and laws. It’s still great on its day and has obviously led to huge success for the county. 

T20 was badly needed to get bigger crowds into county grounds.

Test/ four-day cricket is the best format, a real test of skill and application.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Phube said:

Pertinent to yesterday:

American football! How can you possibly have a ‘sport’ which stops every 5 mins to allow analysis of literally no action?

Just the worst!

But if we are brutally honest, nothing happens for 95% of a Cricket match. It's predominantly just some people standing around in a field.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The Wilhelm Scream is just a tedious inclusion nowadays and should be edited out by studios whenever directors are pretentious enough to include it. 

Id never heard of this, didn't realise it was a thing. Your post led me to watch a YouTube video about it, at which point my 7 year old walks in and asks why I'm watching a video about the Wilhelm Scream. 🤣

No idea how he knows about it.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

Me neither but it seems like people remember Knockaert ripping the championship up for us whereas I don’t remember any standout moments 

5 hours ago, keithweller said:

:blink:

Free kick against Sheff Wed on the Friday night to practicality give us promotion. 

Goal at Forest. 

• Like 2