Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

11 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I was entertained by the self importance and people losing their shit, but it wasn't funny, as such. Have folk been saying it was?

It just made me think of those twats that go mental when you park legally outside their house

Yeah, people have been acting like it's the funniest, most quotable thing you'll ever see. Nothing happens after the initial outbursts.

Maybe it's just because I've actually sat in enough of these meetings in a former job that it doesn't surprise me that much, I dunno.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

The parish council meeting video isn't as side-splittingly hilarious as everyone's making out. And it's definitely not worth spending 20 minutes watching.

Tbf they never set out to make a comedy or entertain millions. I agree that after the first minutes it's not hilarious but to me it's a fascinating insight into human behaviour.

It just shows our deep human need for status and fairness and how people's ego's can take over when their position of power is threatened. It's 'funny' because it's real yet so trivial in the grand scheme of things. 

• Like 2

lol I thought it was amazing viewing.

I don't really go to meetings or have any time for people doing the whole fake persona thing so it's amazing to see something like that. Just old people with nothing better to do than create some drama in their lives. The gollum voice had me in stitches haha

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

The parish council meeting video isn't as side-splittingly hilarious as everyone's making out. And it's definitely not worth spending 20 minutes watching.

I agree. I thought someone was going to pick up their laptop, go into the loo and take a shit whilst all were watching.

Probably says more about my sense of humour.........

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I've only watched an excerpt admittedly, but I didn't find it funny in the slightest. Maybe people who have found it funny haven't spent the last 12 months sitting in similar meetings at work though :rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I've only watched an excerpt admittedly, but I didn't find it funny in the slightest. Maybe people who have found it funny haven't spent the last 12 months sitting in similar meetings at work though :rolleyes:

Its on the bleedin national news right now ...    old twats having a row ...  woweee ...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Must say I agree. Seemed a very slight exchange to me. 

I'm rather puzzled by the traction it seems to have garnered. I mean it's mildly entertaining,  but no more. Are people really so diverted by what appears to be a fairly unremarkable group of talking heads behaving in what appears to be an all too predictable, if slightly over the top fashion?

They're local councillors behaving in a self-important manner. 

Who'd have thought? 

• Like 1

The worst thing about it is that the type of self-important behaviour on show is not new to anyone, myself included, who has had to deal with Parish Councils in a professional context before.

Decisions on the development of peoples homes and the places that people inhabit can be dependent on this kind of shite. It's a joke.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Tbf they never set out to make a comedy or entertain millions. I agree that after the first minutes it's not hilarious but to me it's a fascinating insight into human behaviour.

It just shows our deep human need for status and fairness and how people's ego's can take over when their position of power is threatened. It's 'funny' because it's real yet so trivial in the grand scheme of things. 

I'm just amazed you haven't changed your username to 'Izzy - Foxestalk Clerk'

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Just her her referred to as the "Mistress Of The Mute Button" :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, bovril said:

Very unpopular opinion, well done. I'm trying to think why anybody would like him and can't come up with an answer. 

Partly because anything he says winds up the insecure lot on here. Essentially, he’s a troll pundit - he doesn’t seriously believe Celtic’s reserves are bigger than us but paunchy blokes on here seethe every time he opens his mouth.

He’s a bit prickly with other pundits too which is funny 

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

I like Chris Sutton 

15 minutes ago, bovril said:

Very unpopular opinion, well done. I'm trying to think why anybody would like him and can't come up with an answer. 

His presence on R5's 606 has ruined it for me. Shouty, slightly belligerent and not at all amusing nor particularly insightful IMO.

Yes, he's there to be a WUM but that's not entertainment to me. And I don't get exorcised by his Celtic comparisons.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Parafox said:

His presence on R5's 606 has ruined it for me. Shouty, slightly belligerent and not at all amusing nor particularly insightful IMO.

Yes, he's there to be a WUM but that's not entertainment to me. And I don't get exorcised by his Celtic comparisons.

Yeah, I agree on that. Don't care about the Celtic thing, I know he's just trying to wind people up. I get he's on 606 to spark debate, but that can be done without being a total bellend.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Partly because anything he says winds up the insecure lot on here. Essentially, he’s a troll pundit - he doesn’t seriously believe Celtic’s reserves are bigger than us but paunchy blokes on here seethe every time he opens his mouth.

He’s a bit prickly with other pundits too which is funny 

But it is easy as to be contrary to what others might say and opinions they have, whether he sincerely believes in what he is saying or not.

Fair play to him though, he's got a good gig for which I assume he is reasonably well rewarded for very little effort.

4 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

But it is easy as to be contrary to what others might say and opinions they have, whether he sincerely believes in what he is saying or not.

Fair play to him though, he's got a good gig for which I assume he is reasonably well rewarded for very little effort.

The standard of pundit is so bad, it’s hardly a ringing endorsement but I’d much rather listen to Sutton than what Souness or Jamie Redknapp have to say. I’d like to see a much more meritocratic set up for pundits. Currently, any old drainpipe gets a gig based on who they played for rather than their insight or analysis