Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Leicester City aren't in terrible form.

Depends how you look at it. 

- We've won 1 game in 5 in all competitions

But the form table backs up your point

- We're 5th in the 5 game form table

- 3rd in the 10 game form table

- 5th in the 15 game form table

- 5th in the 20 game form table

4 hours ago, bovril said:

Kelechi's goal wasn't that good. 

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

How come? 

It's a hard technique, but for me not as good as Vardy v WBA purely because of Pope's angles.

However it was a great goal and I'll be surprised if it's not up for goal of the season here.

12 minutes ago, bovril said:

I think it was a very good goal by the way, just not "stunning" as some people have described.

Yeah i don’t know how people have got so excited by it. Good technique but he had an open goal and if Pope hadn’t decided to go walkabouts, he’d have saved it easily. To me a ‘stunning’ goal needs not to rely on a big mistake

20 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Yeah i don’t know how people have got so excited by it. Good technique but he had an open goal and if Pope hadn’t decided to go walkabouts, he’d have saved it easily. To me a ‘stunning’ goal needs not to rely on a big mistake

Not sure about that, he hit with some pace.

Pope went walkabout because he didn't expect Iheanacho to hit it first time.

Guest Fktf
15 hours ago, bovril said:

I think it was a very good goal by the way, just not "stunning" as some people have described.

Agreed. A volley over the shoulder like that shows stunning technique, but he didn't need to do anything other than hit it at the goal because Pope got his angles all wrong (unlike Vardy at west brom, where he had to show the technique and beat the keeper)

2 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

talkSport 2s test cricket commentry/coverage of the current series has been really good.I’ve enjoyed it when I’ve had a chance to listen.They’ve done a good job.

I've not heard a lot this series because I've been watching on C4, but generally I agree they do a great job when they get the rights to England games. It's just so frustrating it's not considered worthy of being on the main station! Still, when else are we going to get to hear hours and hours of forced controversy and betting ads for football as usual? :rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

talkSport 2s test cricket commentry/coverage of the current series has been really good.I’ve enjoyed it when I’ve had a chance to listen.They’ve done a good job.

27 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I've not heard a lot this series because I've been watching on C4, but generally I agree they do a great job when they get the rights to England games. It's just so frustrating it's not considered worthy of being on the main station! Still, when else are we going to get to hear hours and hours of forced controversy and betting ads for football as usual? :rolleyes:

TMS isn't on the main station (5 Live) they have it on Sports Extra. It's no different really.

And on TS2 they do it without ad breaks during play (I believe) so they keep it uninterrupted.

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

TMS isn't on the main station (5 Live) they have it on Sports Extra. It's no different really.

And on TS2 they do it without ad breaks during play (I believe) so they keep it uninterrupted.

TMS is on Radio 4 too though so I can listen in my car without having to set it up on my phone.

I just think it's a shame it doesn't get the wider audience it deserves.

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

TMS is on Radio 4 too though so I can listen in my car without having to set it up on my phone.

I just think it's a shame it doesn't get the wider audience it deserves.

Isn't TMS on R4 LW rather than normal R4? Not many cars have LW radios these days.

Get yourself a DAB in the car, job done sir!

In the modern world, listening to stuff via apps is pretty straightforward.

Yeah, TS2 is not ideal for everyone but not disastrous. 

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Isn't TMS on R4 LW rather than normal R4? Not many cars have LW radios these days.

Get yourself a DAB in the car, job done sir!

In the modern world, listening to stuff via apps is pretty straightforward.

Yeah, TS2 is not ideal for everyone but not disastrous. 

I thought most still did but maybe I'm out of touch with my 2007 reg which does have LW! lol

And I agree it's easy enough to find for yourself and I've never encountered technical problems with it, but that still means you lose out on casual listeners on MW. I think that's a shame.

• Like 1

On 03/03/2021 at 16:01, Izzy said:

I agree F1 has been boring for a while, but it was far from boring during the 70's/80's/90's IMO

I think most Moto GP and Superbikes is good viewing though. Rarely a boring race in those and often lots of overtaking and close finishes.

It's impressive for sure, especially how low to the ground they get at high speeds in the superbikes but I just don't enjoy watching it. 

10 hours ago, Bamboo said:

VAR isn’t ruining football, people talking about VAR is ruining football. 

The media analysing every referee mistake started this. They are on human after all so mistakes were bouned to happen.

So they probably did need help but how VAR is used is just wrong. See Chelsea's disallowed goal at Anfield last night? Joke. Werner's arm must be "offside" by 30cm; he should have been called as level but due to VAR level doesn't happen anymore.

I'm not one of these "it's not football anymore" but it's certainly taking away from the game.

I'd be more than happy to see the back of VAR but people will have to accept that officials will make mistakes. It's unreasonable to say scrap VAR and then to go in hard on officials for getting a marginal decision wrong when you've taken away a tool that is there to support them. You can't have it both ways. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

I'd be more than happy to see the back of VAR but people will have to accept that officials will make mistakes. It's unreasonable to say scrap VAR and then to go in hard on officials for getting a marginal decision wrong when you've taken away a tool that is there to support them. You can't have it both ways. 

Agreed. That's why it annoys me when Sky sit with their panel saying how VAR got it wrong but have spent the last decade looking into every referee decision with detail. The slow motion replays annoy me even more because football isn't played in slow motion and things look totally different.

I really hate the use of pitchside monitors as much as anything. Seeing a referee having to run from the other side of the pitch to look at a tele for a few minutes while the game has stopped really isn't much a spectacle and it just looks completely ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Did any match-going fan really want VAR to come in? It's bad enough when you watch on TV, but remember how shit it was in the stands too.

It seemed to be the pundits and managers that were calling for it. 

I remember Braga's second goal being ever so slightly offside and I couldn't give a shit. 

Fans have ultimately been proved right. It will never improve football as a spectacle. Sure, you might get 50% more correct decisions, but it's simply not worth the damage that it's doing. We'll hear the same tired apologist excuses for it, as if it one day won't be shit.

"It's the humans operating VAR!" - That's what VAR is. No one doubts that cameras work.

"It's fine in Germany and Spain" - It isn't.

"Refs need to use the monitors" - Now they do and it's still shit.

"The offside and handball rules are stupid, not VAR" - Those rules have been changed to suit VAR. VAR is dictating the laws of the game.

Teams can get relegated and win titles through the help of poor officiating, without VAR, but that happens anyway. Aston Villa stayed up because of a hawk-eye mistake. Man United steamrolled into the top 4 with countless nonsense penalties that VAR didn't stop.

That's the one that gets me every time. They complain about it there too, you just don't know because you don't watch it. 

• Like 2

On 04/03/2021 at 09:56, Manini said:

I think golf is hard to appreciate on TV if you’ve never had a go at playing yourself. You realise just how ****ing good the tour pros are when you realise shots they aren’t happy with would be career best shots for any normal bloke/lady. I love watching golf It fascinates me how easy they make it look. 

That grinds my gears good and proper when people slag off sports as boring but in the reality they have not really made the time to understand the rules or to have played it or watched it enough to appreciate the finesse.