Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

On a similar culinary theme, a typical British "Sunday Roast" is the Burnley of set piece meals and I have no idea why some people rate it so much.

Right I can’t cope, shut down the thread mods. In fact, shut the ****ing forum down

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

On a similar culinary theme, a typical British "Sunday Roast" is the Burnley of set piece meals and I have no idea why some people rate it so much.

Abso-bloody-exactly. Flavourless English crap. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

No offense to any of you, but I can only assume that if you don't like a roast dinner it's because you've never had a decent one. 

Is this you offering to cook foxestalk a big roast dinner? lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Is this you offering to cook foxestalk a big roast dinner? lol

Haha not quite everyone, no! If you want to come and visit and want me to cook a roast dinner it will need to be winter time though lol

20 minutes ago, Buce said:

Nah, I reckon she's gone native.

It's all paella and red wine now.

Not far off, the only roast meat I've cooked recently has been chicken to go with salad. We're very lucky that it's both fab quality and fairly cheap to eat out here, as you know :)

• Like 1

On 09/07/2021 at 12:25, The Bear said:

Parsnips can get in the bin, along with your pineapple on pizzas. 

You'll be telling me you like sprouts next! 

Of all the opinions in this thread, this has to be one of the most insane. Trying to talk someone down for liking parsnips?

Parsnips are a god tier vegetable, probably even better than sweet potato and have so much flavour and you can glaize them in honey or encase them in other things.

Utterly bizarre to compare them to sprouts.

I can only assume you've only ever had overcooked dry parsnips and not properly well cooked ones.

Mate, it is your parsnip-hating blasphemy who in fact needs to get in the bin.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 09/07/2021 at 15:13, Wymsey said:

A coalition between the Conservative and Labour would be quite a good thing.

I disagree, but maybe not for the obvious reason - I think having a strong and sizeable opposition is a healthy thing, and if the Tories and Labour were to join up there would be no effective opposition. In fact, it would probably be the SNP, which would be awful.

I liked the Conservative/Lib Dem coalition though.

On 08/07/2021 at 13:01, brucey said:

Because the alternative is misgendering oneself (i.e. actively lying, rather than just letting people assume whatever they want). 

Using the sexuality analogy again, it's like making it mandatory for everyone to declare to coworkers whether they are gay/straight/bi. The closeted gay man would have to announce to everyone that he is straight, rather than having the choice to just shrug away any questions about his home life. Just let people disclose if they wish, like they already do. 

I know it's been a few days and I hesitate to kick everything off again but I hadn't considered this side of the argument before so I was a bit reluctant to respond immediately in case I put my foot in it, I wanted to wait until I'd had a chance to pull up a few articles and do some background reading.  Anyway I've done that now and I fully agree, we need to normalise the disclosure of pronouns without requiring it of people.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2021 at 13:33, FoxesDeb said:

No offense to any of you, but I can only assume that if you don't like a roast dinner it's because you've never had a decent one. 

Why do I get the impression you do an unreal roast dinner. 

12 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

This whole England players being racially abused is blown out of proportion. I’m not denying it’s not happened but I’ve not seen anything racist said. 

Twitter deleted more than 1,000 instances of racist abuse aimed at them...

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/twitter-abuse-england-racism-euro-2021-b945317.html

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

This whole England players being racially abused is blown out of proportion. I’m not denying it’s not happened but I’ve not seen anything racist said. 

It’s always from Eastern Europeans or from India every time I see it on Instagram.. not sure what we can realistically do about that apart. Instagram clearly doesn’t care. 

• Like 1