Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

24 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

It’s always from Eastern Europeans or from India every time I see it on Instagram.. not sure what we can realistically do about that apart. Instagram clearly doesn’t care. 

Agreed. They just say it to get a reaction.

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

This whole England players being racially abused is blown out of proportion. I’m not denying it’s not happened but I’ve not seen anything racist said. 

It is certainly sad that a tiny minority of attention seeking ****wits are getting so much attention.

5 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

It is certainly sad that a tiny minority of attention seeking ****wits are getting so much attention.

I genuinely don't even think the perpetrators are even racist people. Of course, what they are saying is racist, but they're just saying it to get a reaction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

That doesn't make it any less hurtful to the victim though, does it?

Not at all. I just think the whole 'people need educating' is pointless because the majority of these people know exactly what they're doing, and they know it's wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Twitter deleted more than 1,000 instances of racist abuse aimed at them...

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/twitter-abuse-england-racism-euro-2021-b945317.html

There were probably more cases of domestic violence after England lost.

Racism on social media is the biggest issue now, so much so that even 4 or 5 instances can sometimes form the basis of an entire article. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I think this is true.

The human desire for short-term self-interest and lack of long-term foresight that is a facet of it is.

I'm not sure that'll ever change. The human psychological  make-up is one of - The group is advantageous but always look out for yourself foremost.

Unless we end up like Star Trek where money doesn't exist, possessions are  irrelevant, and personal and human  betterment is the only thing to strive for. 

I'm not sure that is possible though without some kind of genetic manipulation to breed out character traits like greed, jealousy, selfishness, etc. 

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

I'm not sure that'll ever change. The human psychological  make-up is one of - The group is advantageous but always look out for yourself foremost.

Unless we end up like Star Trek where money doesn't exist, possessions are  irrelevant, and personal and human  betterment is the only thing to strive for. 

I'm not sure that is possible though without some kind of genetic manipulation to breed out character traits like greed, jealousy, selfishness, etc. 

I think you're right, but I also think that one day it could well be a choice between that sentiment and some very bad things happening, even if some folks aren't even aware that the choice exists at all.

I'm honestly not sure what to think about that and how it might be addressed.

• Like 1

Think I must be the only person in the world that is sick to the back teeth with hearing how every man, his wife and dog now has problems with their mental health. Actually I think I’m so sick of it that it’s affecting my mental health.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Think I must be the only person in the world that is sick to the back teeth with hearing how every man, his wife and dog now has problems with their mental health. Actually I think I’m so sick of it that it’s affecting my mental health.

I like it when people are supportive of each other like on here with the depression thread, dislike it when people use mental health to excuse themselves of wrong doing or guilt trip other people. Dislike it when business or politics jumps on the mental health bandwagon to make themselves look better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

What specifically is it you're sick of? Is it that you don't believe that so many people are actually suffering from mental health issues? You believe they are but don't necessarily want to hear about it? Or you think that mental health issues are blown out of proportion? 

I only ask as I don't want to presume what it is you mean. 

While there are no doubt NHS workers who are hard working people, there are some that throw the convenient excuse of budget cuts and covid around for absolutely anything while continuing to be lazy and incompetent.

Gives the hard working NHS staff a bad name.

Edited by Nalis

7 hours ago, Nalis said:

While there are no doubt NHS workers who are hard working people, there are some that throw the convenient excuse of budget cuts and covid around for absolutely anything while continuing to be lazy and incompetent.

Gives the hard working NHS staff a bad name.

What happened?

On 17/07/2021 at 11:55, Scotch said:

What specifically is it you're sick of? Is it that you don't believe that so many people are actually suffering from mental health issues? You believe they are but don't necessarily want to hear about it? Or you think that mental health issues are blown out of proportion? 

I only ask as I don't want to presume what it is you mean. 

My reading was that he / she was sick of it being rammed down your throat, like a lot of things these days 

44 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

My reading was that he / she was sick of it being rammed down your throat, like a lot of things these days 

That was mine too but I didn't want to presume. I would also presume that they more specifically meant, hearing about it from people who probably don't have any mental health issues, they might just be having a hard time. But in my opinion, it's worth listening to 9 people bitch and moan about how they have mental health issues when they don't if it means that, that 1 person who is genuinely affected by it finally builds the courage to talk about it and gets the help they need. 

• Like 1

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
58 minutes ago, Scotch said:

it's worth listening to 9 people bitch and moan about how they have mental health issues when they don't if it means that, that 1 person who is genuinely affected by it finally builds the courage to talk about it and gets the help they need

So true. And as most of the time you don’t even have to listen to the nine…

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

What happened?

Too many things to mention but the recent series of events if that they've lost my registration forms a couple of times (ie, my personal data) and didnt tell my missus about highly important diagnosis that happens years ago which could have significantly improved her life if she was told at the time.

Edited by Nalis