Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

23 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I dont see the value in the 'dont want to receive mothers day emails?' emails. 

18 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Reckon that kind of thing depends on the person. There's the bereaved, the estranged, and a few other complex situations, I guess.

Yeah I agree with Mac here. I am sure a lot of people appreciate the chance not to see them. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Reckon that kind of thing depends on the person. There's the bereaved, the estranged, and a few other complex situations, I guess.

21 minutes ago, bovril said:

Yeah I agree with Mac here. I am sure a lot of people appreciate the chance not to see them. 

19 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I’m sure I’m not alone in receiving 100s of email a day. 1 more isn’t gonna make a difference, even if it helps one person??

Maybe.

I get the reason for them but mothers day stuff is everywhere so people who dont want to get emails on them are going to see mothers day references in so many other guises anyway whether thats general tv ads, billboards, shops, radio ads, online ads, etc

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Maybe.

I get the reason for them but mothers day stuff is everywhere so people who dont want to get emails on them are going to see mothers day references in so many other guises anyway whether thats general tv ads, billboards, shops, radio ads, online ads, etc

Fair point. 

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Maybe.

One of those cases where a little bit rather than nothing at all helps imo.

On 11/02/2024 at 23:53, The Bear said:

Agreed. Any cyclist without lights should be stopped and warned. If they get two warnings within a 3 month period then it's a fixed penalty fine. 

That's a bit soft, you should be legally obliged to ram any rider off the road who doesn't have lights

Email is a near completely redundant form of communication outside work anyway isn't it really. 

How on earth is anyone supposed to monitor an email inbox when businesses are allowed to use fifty different variants of their email address to spam you twenty times a day. 

And it's nearly all companies you actually engage with deliberately so you can't really block the entire domain because about 1% of the emails they send you might actually need. 

My inbox is just all Uber, my bank, Netflix, Amazon, eBay, my gym, Samsung, Deliveroo, PayPal, my isp, my phone supplier, etc. Every single day. 

Who the fvck is even noticing a mothers day email? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Seems it’s unpopular for this thread but I quite like the 2 songs squire and Gallagher have put out. Basically the Seahorses but sang properly.

Chris Helme was a better singer than Gallagher. 

Not a better front man, but a better singer. 

19 minutes ago, Corky said:

Promotion to the Premier League doesn't excite me at all.

16 minutes ago, chuck'em said:

I actually think football is shit and I hate it 

Why, because LCFC lost against another big tradition club whose supporters are embracing their win?

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Why, because LCFC lost against another big tradition club whose supporters are embracing their win?

What?

I have been feeling this way for a while. Look at the main topics of conversation in that league- VAR and FFP. Most fanbases are miserable as sin, our own would add to it. Kick off times will be shit.

Yes, it is the league the club should aim to be in but I'm not enamoured by being there again.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Corky said:

Promotion to the Premier League doesn't excite me at all.

Same, with our finances I can’t see us signing many players to push on. Hoping for at best a 12th place finish just seems so pointless