Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

2 hours ago, Sly said:

American football (Super Bowl) is about as much fun as standing on a Lego. 

I quite enjoy it at times, but it is absurd how little actual play you get. I think something like 10 minutes in about 3-4 hours all in all.

5 hours ago, Sly said:

American football (Super Bowl) is about as much fun as standing on a Lego. 

I used to watch it more when younger but agree. I only watch the super bowl now and maybe the semis. Games are way too long for the amount of action.

Edited by Jattdogg

13 hours ago, The Bear said:

Agreed. Any cyclist without lights should be stopped and warned. If they get two warnings within a 3 month period then it's a fixed penalty fine. 

Fine first time. Second time bike is taken and they have to turn up with lights to fit to get it back 

On 11/02/2024 at 20:55, Izzy said:

I think it's quite clever how he can just ask someone's name and what they do and then take the piss out of them for 5 minutes.

Hi audiences love him and his gigs get rave reviews so he must be doing something right.

I actually disliked him at first and then the more I watched his stuff the more I rated him. Like you say, his audience work is entertaining.

Comedy is pretty subjective though, so I think as long as they're doing well for themselves then they must be doing something right.

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

(walks into spooky, empty room in abandoned house)

It feels like something terrible happened here

Sir, the “Things you no longer see” thread is over there —->

Whenever there is an XL Bully attack - plenty been in the MSM the past 12 months, it always happens in some run down area, that is a complete dump. You never see XL Bully attacks in Marlow or the Cotswolds. 

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

Whenever there is an XL Bully attack - plenty been in the MSM the past 12 months, it always happens in some run down area, that is a complete dump. You never see XL Bully attacks in Marlow or the Cotswolds. 

That's not really an opinion let alone an unpopular one. That's just an observation and likely statistical fact. 

Granted, there's probably a lot of implied unpopular opinions as well as layers and layers of classist snobbery you'd like to get off your chest somewhere behind that post. 

I'd probably have more respect if you just came out and went full @Jon the Hat and said poor people were too stupid to own dogs. That's a level of honesty I can appreciate far more than a pretty thinly veiled dog whistle (see what I did there.)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

That's not really an opinion let alone an unpopular one. That's just an observation and likely statistical fact. 

Granted, there's probably a lot of implied unpopular opinions as well as layers and layers of classist snobbery you'd like to get off your chest somewhere behind that post. 

I'd probably have more respect if you just came out and went full @Jon the Hat and said poor people were too stupid to own dogs. That's a level of honesty I can appreciate far more than a pretty thinly veiled dog whistle (see what I did there.)

My opinion is that there are not many XL Bully attacks in places such as Marlow and the Cotswolds - it would meet the unpopular criteria as its a hunch rather than a fact. I live in Lestoh, neither such places mentioned so no snobbery there. 

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

My opinion is that there are not many XL Bully attacks in places such as Marlow and the Cotswolds - it would meet the unpopular criteria as its a hunch rather than a fact. I live in Lestoh, neither such places mentioned so no snobbery there. 

https://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/news/marlow-bourne-end-flackwell/75470/Police-appeal-for-witnesses-to-dog.html

Little while ago mind - ironically I have visited that pub and nearly ended up in a fight for the only time in my life.

Why? Cos the local idiot asked us why we were from. Told him Leicester and he started to say a load of racist b***ocks. When we told him to do one, he carried on. 

My opinion of Marlow that weekend was pretty much that outside of the main road running through it, the town was actually far more common as muck than is let on. 

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Amazon know their brand and product is bulletproof so they do what they want to an extent, like trying to sell ciggys to a smoker. 

I've always been into Amazon, had prime for years and have used it alot over the years. 

However, I've decided to cancel my subscription to everything and boycott Amazon. 

I may save a few quid now and then, and yeah it's convenient, but the way they treat their staff, and the way they avoid tax, I'd rather spend a few extra £ rather than line Jeff's pockets any further

• Like 1

I mainly subscribe to Amazon prime for the free next day delivery service. It seems there's always someone in our house ordering something from Amazon, so we must get our £99 a year back in delivery costs alone.

What has pissed me off recently though is their 'free' Prime music streaming service. It used to be good but now it's a real ball ache to listen to your playlists because they insist on shuffling everything and only allowing you to skip a few tracks each time.

Constantly bombarded with ads to upgrade to their 'unlimited' music service but fvck that.

• Like 2

On 15/02/2024 at 18:03, BKLFox said:

Stadium atmosphere thread must be 1 of the most tedious threads in Foxestalk history

I think I made this point over a year ago on there, but it's one giant circular thread.

Same points, same criticism, same gatekeeping over and over and over and over again after pretty much every match.

Locking on to people leaving early has also made it even more insufferable and circular, especially as someone made the point it's been happening since Filbo days.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Finnegan said:

What?  Nothing to do with being poor.  Arseholes are too arseholey to own dogs.  If they weren't we wouldn't need to ban them.  Same probably applies to guns for that matter.

On 19/02/2024 at 16:47, Tommy G said:

Amazon know their brand and product is bulletproof so they do what they want to an extent, like trying to sell ciggys to a smoker. 

Is there a brand and product or do they just fulfil orders for other brands and products?

They are bulletproof because there's little or no equal competition.