Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On this day 2014

Probably the first time we saw what Leicester were truly capable of in the Premier League. The proof Vardy could do it in the big time, proof of an unbreakable team spirit. I remember thinking after this, even when we were in the doldrums, we could recover and do something special.

I didn't expect it to be quite THAT special, though lol 

How did we go from that to the calamity that followed spending several months rooted the bottom of the table? 

After starting the season so well I thought we were gonna be comfortably safe. 

Had to do a "rap" in front of the whole company a couple of weeks after starting my internship in Cape Town. I made a video instead, and used a clip of Stringer commentating Vardy's goal ("... Jamie Vardy, you're in on goal son, finish it in front of the Kop , JAMIE VARDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! FOR LEICESTER CITY!") which got a HUGE laugh and cheer from 300 South Africans who probably had no idea what they were watching - this was in the February of the title winning season.

This will always be one of my favourite games ever. Unforgettable for me on so many personal levels.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Special mention to Di Maria.  His world class finish is often forgotten cos United bottled a 3-1 lead. What a sensational goal.

One of the best I've seen against us, applauded it.

5 hours ago, Koke said:

Special mention to Di Maria.  His world class finish is often forgotten cos United bottled a 3-1 lead. What a sensational goal.

It's daft how good it was.

First time I've ever applauded an away goal.

Vardy was godlike that game. Probably the single greatest individual performance I've ever witnessed from a Leicester player.

Also worth remembering what Ulloa did for his in his first 2 seasons given the flak he gets these days. He was also superb that game. Absolute bullet header for his first.

And Nugent! Another cult hero like Lloyd. :')

Now I know this is a little grainy but I have lost the master files.  But if anyone wants to relive a highlights video I made immediately after 'THAT' match put to the song Eez eh by Kasabian then check out this link I thought was worth putting up in tribute.  Once again apologies for the poor quality but you get the idea.

https://goo.gl/zTSBvy

Archived