Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Liverpool 3 post match thread.

We need to get midfield sorted soon. If Silva isn't going to be available then a formation change could be needed. Whoever was responsible for that really should go. Cost us hugely.

I'm also a bit worried about Nacho and where he fits in. Was buzzing when we signed him and he shows nice touches but I'm not sure he fits our team currently.

I never want to see Vardy on the wing again either. Completely the wrong sub there. Need to get going in the first halves and I think we'll climb the league. Fixture list been awful.

3 minutes ago, Yastafox said:

Vardy’s approach to penalties are much more effective that Mahrez’s but he had a shocker today! Been known to smash it down the middle and has done that in his last two games - he should’ve surely known it was only a matter of time till someone just stood there and batted it away. 

Agreed. Going to need to learn to mix it up. I much prefer them to Mahrez's stutter and soft hit placement ones, but keepers are catching on to Vardy's smash and hope and will stay more central. Think Silva is a penalty taker. Wouldn't mind a new taker tbh. 

The debacle of Silva is looking more and more costly with every passing game. Selling our best central midfielder (and somehow hoping James would stay fit!! :blink:,) and then not signing a replacement in time was actually criminal. The club have made some strange decisions over the past couple of seasons.

Just now, Number 6 said:

We need to get midfield sorted soon. If Silva isn't going to be available then a formation change could be needed. Whoever was responsible for that really should go. Cost us hugely.

I'm also a bit worried about Nacho and where he fits in. Was buzzing when we signed him and he shows nice touches but I'm not sure he fits our team currently.

I never want to see Vardy on the wing again either. Completely the wrong sub there. Need to get going in the first halves and I think we'll climb the league. Fixture list been awful.

It's becoming more evident to me, that we play a system that is so difficult to integrate players into. We have Iheanacho and Slimani who are two stop strikers, yet we just don't seem to be able to make much use of them currently. We also have a former PFA winner who just can't seem to get on the ball.

We are going to have to start experimenting with some formation options, just so we at least have the ability to switch to something, so we can make the most of having these quality players now in our squad.  

3 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Nobody seems to fit in our current team... Maybe we should change shape?

53 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Think we need to change the formation and get Huth back in the team

3-5-2

I wish people would stop suggesting this.

We haven't got the players for it. When it worked before we had the pace, stamina and power of Schluup and De Laet at wing back. Albrighton is not a natural defender or quick enough to play the wing back role, whilst Chilwell is lightweight and also defensively suspect.

Fuchs and Simpson also cannot play the role at their ages.

7 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

the only nacho fitting in, is the cheesy ones into shakespeares cakehole

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How frustrating is it to see 3 strikers on the pitch and zero creativity. It's a basic error, we could have 10 strikers on but it doesn't increase your likelihood of scoring. We were less effective when Slimani came on. Too crowded and fewer options to get a telling ball in. It's further evidence that Shakespeare's not got the awareness. 

It's not surprising that we didn't create a chance after moving Vardy out wide. Ultimately he isn't a right winger. Shakespeare commented post match on it making out we how much we were going for it by having four forwards on the pitch but ultimately its no use if they are out of position. Wingers create goals through dribbling and crossing opportunities, ultimately Vardy has never had the technical ability to play out there. Ultimately it was never going to work and took away any momentum we had.

2 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

We haven't got the players for it. When it worked before we had the pace, stamina and power of Schluup and De Laet at wing back. Albrighton is not a natural defender or quick enough to play the wing back role, whilst Chilwell is lightweight and also defensively suspect.

Impey and Guppy managed, you don't need great defenders in that system, you have 3 central, plus defensive midfielder for that!

We were lucky to be nearly at 3-3 never mind 3-2. I'd spend January on shifting players that can't play football and sign players in positions that we need that can play football.

Iheanacho must be wishing he was 3rd choice behind Aguero and Jesus rather than joint 3rd behind Vardy and Okazaki with Slimani

4 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Albrighton is arguably the most 'wing-back' type player in the league. Also Chilwell plays very much like a wing back. 

I agree Schlupp was good at this formation but we still definately have the players for it

Gray and Nacho looked tired when they came on. It was so weird watching them.....didn't look even slightly fresher than the others. I don't know what the answer is.....but we can't keep waiting to go 2 nil down before playing. 

Ndidi was excellent today. Worked his socks off. I hope that is recognised. 

Think Kasper has to take fault in the free kick, Yes it was a great free kick but he gave Coutinho far too much space to shoot and for him to make up?

Maguire did make some school boy errors but he’s getting better, Ndidi and his gangly legs fave away the free kick the little bugger Mahrez was MIA at times Gray outshone Him when he came on !

Allbrighton was hot and cold Simpson left far too much space but did play some good football today, King I think Shakey is being a bit loyal to him think Iborra should have got the Nod Vardy usual terrier like disappointing he missed the penalty maybe he should try and place it all around the goal instead of Rocketing it !

Chilwell didn’t do to bad but like the rest of some of the other players instead of putting his foot on the ball looking for blue shirts it was good and give it back to Liverpool shinji the little ninja took his goal well pity he was robbed for a second by a really dodgy linesman and the poorest performance of the day goes to the ref for allowing Henderson to virtually bully him and whinge and whine and swear at him all match the Cnut should have seen red and I’m hoping the fa retrospectively ban him for his behaviour but I can’t see that happening !!

But we're our own worst enemy at times instead of thinking where to put the ball it’s hoof forward to Vardy most of the times giving the ball to the opposition, allowing the opposition far too much time on the ball commanding our areas !!

sometimes we get the rub of the green sometimes we don’t so it’s time to pick ourselves up wipe ourselves down and go for the next game and win it !!

6 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

There is a lot of negativity on here. The only thing I am sick of is referring like that.... Absolute joke. Vardy should have had a penalty before they broke away to make it 3-1... Liverpool got away with murder in that game...

Of course there's negativity. There's also reality.4 points from 6 games.

This must improve over the next run of games.

Well that was frustrating, fine margins again against the bigger teams, same problems again coming into play.

Conceding from another cross, getting done by a worldie free kick then conceding a scrappy goal on the counter.

First half was just shit all round till 40 minutes, very scrappy and no urgency from us. Managed to get the goal, second half we played better, fought well and on another day we probably would of got a point. 

4-3 against Arsenal

2-1 against Chelsea

3-2 against Liverpool 

Always getting done by one goal, always getting done by the same problems.

Finally, I'm really starting to feel sorry for Ndidi, 20 years old and we rely too heavily on him to run the midfield. After getting booked I thought he did extremely well to keep his discipline, battled well, made interceptions, made tackles and won headers.

54 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Appalling first half. No urgency. No desire. Turned up second half again but too little too late. Shakespeare not the man for me. We can't keep losing. Another loss at Bournemouth and he has to go.

I remember the 1st 10mins, before their goal, we could of scored twice ourselves........

Archived