Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Liverpool 3 post match thread.

Is it just me who thought Kasper was at fault for both of the opening goals, should of stopped the first and not for the first time poor positioning for the free kick.

Impressed with Chilwell but boy he has a terrible first touch that needs improving big time

Okazaki looked knackered after 60 mins but tried his hardest

Mahrez looks a shadow from 2 seasons ago.

The rest had decent games.

There's only one person to blame for today and that's the Manager. He learned nothing from Tuesday's game and how he can even consider King is good enough. I looked at the Development side last night and there were a few who could do a better job than King.

The players are carrying Shakey by their efforts and he's failing them miserably. He's been found out and quickly unless he steps up and shows leadership.

1 minute ago, dayday said:

Is it just me who thought Kasper was at fault for both of the opening goals, should of stopped the first and not for the first time poor positioning for the free kick.

Impressed with Chilwell but boy he has a terrible first touch that needs improving big time

He was at fault for the 3rd being so far from Goal. Made it easy for Henderson.

Two seasons ago we were Premier League Champions. Today we had a central midfield of Wilfred Ndidi and Andy King.

Says it all for me.

We have missed a massive massive chance to progress this club. I look at the squad and I feel we are actually weaker than 2 years ago. It's like your good looking girlfriend turning into a tub of lard.......

4 minutes ago, dayday said:

Totally agree. 

I can't believe the first went in from that angle.

And as soon as Countinho lines up the free kick I knew he'd score it. Kasper seems to leave so much room. I sit behind the goal and you could see Coutinho looking exactly where he was going to put it.

6 minutes ago, dayday said:

No, me also

3 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

We've had the hardest start of any team this season and we're not in the relegation zone and we've scored 9 goals against these teams. We are also much better than so many other teams and will score many more goals. We are going to be fine!

I thought I had mistakenly found myself on an Arsenal fan forum with some of the comments on here. 

I see those that revel in negativity are out in force!

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Totally agree. 

I can't believe the first went in from that angle.

And as soon as Countinho lines up the free kick I knew he'd score it. Kasper seems to leave so much room. I sit behind the goal and you could see Coutinho looking exactly where he was going to put it.

Chilwell lost Salah as well, for their first goal. Chillers is much better going forward than he is defensively.

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Chilwell lost Salah as well, for their first goal. Chillers is much better going forward than he is defensively.

No doubt about it, he's much more an offensive wing back than a traditional full back. Him and Albrighton worked well though, with both being able to go forward and defend.

Two things from the game that we should not have lost and personally I'm worried for the season ahead. That is two games now Arsenala nd Liverpool when we should have taken points from the game.

Slimani for Abrighton?? Really?? I think it took the wind out of our sails I would have to be honest I would have taken Albrighton off at half time for gray but the second half Albrighton was excellent. 

We were awful again first half and King offers nothing other than average in a midfield 2. 

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I also agree with that Col. Haven't seen anything back yet though but it shouldn't have gone in from that angle.

I don't think Chilwell has been bad at all since he slotted in for Fuchs but today he wasn't at his best.

Things I learnt* today:

- King should never, ever, play in a 2 man midfield again. Not in the prem. certainly not against a top team. 

- Mahrez needs a spell on the bench. 

- Our manager is tactically naive. 

*already knew 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

People can talk about ndidi being knackered, but just strolling back and getting outpaced by the ref when they had men over is pathetic.

Said it before I will say it again.  Ndidi at the moment is our only midfielder.  He has to do the work of at least three men each game cos King is absolutely ineffective and non exsistent.  He was running about most of the game trying to contain the midfield because we were getting overrun.  Bear in mind he limped off second half Tuesday night, the simple reason is he was knackered and shattered.  Even Radio bloody Leicester alluded to this they said he was dead on his feet in the tunnel after the game.

Why did Chilwell play and not Fuchs?  What the hell has Iborra got to do to get a game?  its same old same old with Shakespeare.  Quite frankly his baffling decisions and ridiculous subs again have cost us the game.  Albrighton second half was putting a shift in and getting in some decent crosses.  His reward.  Gets subbed off.  Its Pearson again who for some reason didn't play him.  Worryingly even if Silva gets the clearance to play he will sit on the bench cos we have midfield maestro Andy Bloody King.

Well this is a frustrating bloody season so far! Fine lines between a 4 point return and 3 or 4 more points.

The jury is very much out on Shakey. The test is the next 6 matches. It's a bit like groundhog day for me. We started poorly, handed the ball back on a plate with our increasingly naive tactics of hoof and run. Eventually reacted with some subs and should have scraped a point.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The club, players and fans must move away from sentiment and stop living in the past. Football has moved on and we are getting left behind. Try something different tactically for ****s sake Leicester!

12 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Musa, Amartey, Mendy, Kapustka, Dragovic, Iborra, Slimani , Iheanacho, how much did they cost ? We need impact players not bench warmers.

Absolutely right!

This is what the club have done since we won the title.

It's ridiculous. All of these players are bench warmers, most of the time. None of them clear 'first teamers'.

Its so so frustrating.

36 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

We've had the hardest start of any team this season and we're not in the relegation zone and we've scored 9 goals against these teams. We are also much better than so many other teams and will score many more goals. We are going to be fine!

but we only start playing when we are losing so what are we gonna do against the lesser teams

Archived