Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Where do think we will finish after 6 games?

Predictions after 6 games  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

• 1-4
    • 4-6
    • 6-10
    • 10-15
    • 15-17
    • Relegation

14th. We are way too bland for top 10, no creativity from midfield, however we will not go down. Vardy will still score goals, Mahrez will flourish against weak teams, but we will not beat well organised outfits and therefore won't trouble the top half. 

10-15th seems to be the most realistic bet, but it is really impossible to know as a key player (Silva) is missing and we'll only see the real team after january. Until then, god knows how much points we're going to lose on the way with this midfield and Shakey's going to turn it around. 

Granted we had a horrible run, I'm not impressed by the way we begin our games and how reactive we are. In my opinion we're losing a half-time in every single game because we start with the same old 4-4-2 no matter the opponent. Our lack of tactical flexibility is glaring and we still keep playing in a formation that has been proven to be wonky since Kanté's gone. Not to mention our inability to fit the new signings in the team. A mess, really.

39 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Anyone changing their mind after that run of games either had unrealistic expectations to start with or has a very jerky knee :thumbup:. If we're in dire straits after the next five, then shoot me down by all means.

It's performances that are shit and that's what people see.

In the summer I said we'd struggle and I'll not change my mind on that, but our style of play and lack of creativity from midfield is worrying. We offer nothing in central midfield. This is what is worrying, not the fact we've lost the game we were expected to lose. Plus Shakespeare's decisions before and during the game - if we play the same 11 at Bournemouth I think I'll cry.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's performances that are shit and that's what people see.

In the summer I said we'd struggle and I'll not change my mind on that, but our style of play and lack of creativity from midfield is worrying. We offer nothing in central midfield. This is what is worrying, not the fact we've lost the game we were expected to lose. Plus Shakespeare's decisions before and during the game - if we play the same 11 at Bournemouth I think I'll cry.

But they're not shit are they? They're not brilliant, but shit is Southampton, Swansea and Millwall last year.

Maybe I'm lacking ambition because I don't think we're a top six club, but I don't expect us to take results off Liverpool, Chelsea and the like, it's a bonus if we do. I think we have some weak links in the side and some of Shakey's decisions have been pants as I'm sure you do, but what I've seen this season is not shit. I'm fully confident after our next five we'll be in a much healthier position :thumbup:.

Just now, Lovejoy said:

But they're not shit are they? They're not brilliant, but shit is Southampton, Swansea and Millwall last year.

Maybe I'm lacking ambition because I don't think we're a top six club, but I don't expect us to take results off Liverpool, Chelsea and the like, it's a bonus if we do. I think we have some weak links in the side and some of Shakey's decisions have been pants as I'm sure you do, but what I've seen this season is not shit. I'm fully confident after our next five we'll be in a much healthier position :thumbup:.

Ohh I agree with you in terms of people's expectations and we're not a top six club, not at all. I don't expect us to take points from Chelsea or Manchester United but Liverpool I do, I don't think they're brilliant and hadn't won away from home (Watford got a result against them at the Vicerage) and same applies to Arsenal although I did think we were largely good at Arsenal. Coming away from the Emirates I was gutted but didn't think we were 

Coming away from Old Trafford annoyed me because I felt like I waiting for them to score, although a very difficult game of course, but the worse was Huddersfield who largely dominated us.

I may have been harsh calling performances 'shit'. but style of play does annoy me. As does the midfield who just go sideways. BUT onto Bournemouth, I expect us to go there and get something - it should be an open game as they will attack.

Bar the Man-City at home game, all the other next five fixtures are winnable, so potentially a max of 15 out 18 points record is in our reach.

Bournemouth, Stoke and Swansea have not impressed so far, we should get some points at their turf.

Basically if we win at home against Wba and Everton, and nick three draws, we could at the very least come out with 9 points from these 6 games.

13pts mid november should comfortably seal us in the 12~15 places.

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Ohh I agree with you in terms of people's expectations and we're not a top six club, not at all. I don't expect us to take points from Chelsea or Manchester United but Liverpool I do, I don't think they're brilliant and hadn't won away from home (Watford got a result against them at the Vicerage) and same applies to Arsenal although I did think we were largely good at Arsenal. Coming away from the Emirates I was gutted but didn't think we were 

Coming away from Old Trafford annoyed me because I felt like I waiting for them to score, although a very difficult game of course, but the worse was Huddersfield who largely dominated us.

I may have been harsh calling performances 'shit'. but style of play does annoy me. As does the midfield who just go sideways. BUT onto Bournemouth, I expect us to go there and get something - it should be an open game as they will attack.

I will not disagree with that, it was crap. I'm not worried though, I think we've got enough. As I mentioned in another thread, if we take care of business at home and can win 5/6/7 away games, we'll be in a very strong position. Even last year we were a wrongly ruled out offside goal away from coming 9th with two away wins lol.

10-15 based on our current approach to games but 6-10 if we can capitalise on our true ability.

Btw bit of a nitpick but the way the categories overlap bothers me, they should be isolated groups ie:

1-4

5-6

7-10

11-15

16-17

18-20

Otherwise how do you decide which category to vote for if you think we'll finish 4th, 6th, 10th, or 15th?

But I can see why you overlapped them given the number of options your'e trying to provide and the way it leaves some of the options as just 2 places which is a bit too specific.  Maybe next time go for fewer options ie:

1-4

5-10

11-14

15-17

Relegation

That way you can separate the top 4 optimists, the top 10 believers, the upper bottom-half skeptics, the struggling but surviving cynics, and the relegation pessimists. 

Every time we think we have an easy run of games coming up we end up losing most of them.  

We don't have the right mentality, we don't think we are capable of getting anything against the top teams so we don't get anything almost expecting a loss.

Against other teams we think we're better than them and get surprised when they out fight and out play us.

I never thought I'd say this but we need Matty James back or play Maguire in midfield as he can of tackle and run with the ball.

Gosh we are desperate in the middle.

Archived