Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

24 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

He's the best manager in the world for us, but there's 0.0001% chance he'd come

wait is .0001% more or less of a chance than 5000-1?

1 hour ago, bmouth_fox said:

I don't understand the wank fest for Eddie Howe. He's a one club man, who failed abjectly at a 'bigger club' in Burnley. He won't do anything away from Bournemouth.

He may or may not be a great manager but to judge him as a failure at an age where most mangers have not even started yet is maybe a little hasty.  He was about 33 when he was at Burnley.  I think he has potential but he plays a very different style to what he currently have so may not be a good fit but certainly not a failure. X

I dont trust the owners to make the right decision here and by that i am saying there faith in Rudkin is misguided to the point it is screwing us over. 

Rudkin must have some really strong influence over them, either that or there is no helping them......end of the day its their money.

My gut is telling me we should play a bit "safer" here and go for Big Sam,

not the most glamourous - however he's got incredible experience and will be able to add new things to our game which we need if we're going to restabalise the club - and more importantly ensure we stay in the top flight another season.

(no surprise to many here) but i'd obviously also welcome Big Nige back - although i'd prefer him to be here WITH Shakey if he was - which is impossible so it just won't happen.

Or we could go for a Wagner/Tuchel type - more of a gambling manouver with longer-term payoffs perhaps - i just don't know if we can take the risk at this time.

I don't think we're an attractive club to come to. What inclination do we actually show that we're capable of going back to Europe? We're a mess on all levels. I don't think the manager makes too much of a difference at the moment if he's not going to be allowed to keep good players, ship out bad ones, and bring in the one's he wants.

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I don't think we're an attractive club to come to. What inclination do we actually show that we're capable of going back to Europe? We're a mess on all levels. I don't think the manager makes too much of a difference at the moment if he's not going to be allowed to keep good players, ship out bad ones, and bring in the one's he wants.

Some good points here, i think our only attractiveness is our facilities aren't terrible when compared to similar-level clubs in Europe, they hold up pretty well - but you're right in is that really enough - probably not.

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

Why would Rafa leave Newcastle to come here! Not going to happen, unless he was offered silly money. 

...Because he doesn't even know who he's going to be employed by in the near future. 

Some serious internal turmoil at that club with a dubious owner who's looking to sell. Fair enough, the teams still performing but that uncertainty has to play on the managers mind. 

12 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

...Because he doesn't even know who he's going to be employed by in the near future. 

Some serious internal turmoil at that club with a dubious owner who's looking to sell. Fair enough, the teams still performing but that uncertainty has to play on the managers mind. 

Let's be honest, whoever buys Newcastle is going to be no worse than who they have now.

We haven't had a normal season in years. We need a manager who will bring stability to the club, with a couple of mid-table finishes and then we can look to the future and go forward. Winning the league and especially European nights have given us a sweet taste and we want that taste again, but realistically, we're not going to get that for a while. Big Sam is the man for me

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

This is exactly what I thought, even before shakey was sacked I was thinking with Ashley selling Newcastle this would be a good time to approach Rafa.

36 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I hate him but Allardyce is probably the solution in this case. If we're going to take that direction we need to develop a long term plan too so that when he sods off we don't just fall into the abyss.

Allardyce good mates with shakey. If shakey is unhappy at his treatment, I doubt Sam is going to rock up here. 

Archived