Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 19:57, Chico1958 said:

I'd go and break the bank and get Silva

No stars (as such) at Watford and he's doing fine

If Rafa could seriously be tempted from Newcastle that's also a good shout

Anyone but Pearson but that looks to be on the cards ........ Put it this way

I wouldn't bet against it

Kind of makes you wonder why he was drafted into their other owned club at Belgium...perhaps like others have suggested, it was a 'guilt trip' move OR it would be to move NP back here seamlessly if it all went tits up for Shakey in the foreseeable future........ 

12 hours ago, Fox92 said:

So if Shakespeare gets sacked too then the owners will have sacked every manager they appointed.

Doesn't look good does it. When do hiring people (at any club) become responsible too.

Every manager gets sacked (well, 99%).  It's part of the job.  

It's not a question of if, it's a question of when.

5 hours ago, Guy said:

Kind of makes you wonder why he was drafted into their other owned club at Belgium...perhaps like others have suggested, it was a 'guilt trip' move OR it would be to move NP back here seamlessly if it all went tits up for Shakey in the foreseeable future........ 

It's because NP needs to pay the bills.  He's been down on his luck for a while now and has been ringing around all the people he knows.  "You got any jobs gooing at your place mate? I'll take literally anything."

Do you honestly think our owners and executives are dynamic enough to go for someone like Galtier, Schmidt or even David Wagner? They've shown absolutely no evidence of that in the various times we've needed a new manager. It's big names who have often failed or an old familiar friend that they pursue. Our only hope is someone perfect for us applies and blows them all away in an interview as I would trust my 19 month old son to pick a manager over Jon Rudkin and Susan Whelan and that's who our owners listen to. 

That being said I do feel that we are on a path of mediocrity/failure now for a while and it won't matter who we get in. We're directionless with very little long term plan, holding on to dear life of our past glory and hoping we can reignite it and at least not embarrass ourselves.

The truth is the ship has sailed, it was a perfect storm and some very limited and mediocre footballers had the season of their lives and we did something magical. They're now older, less effective and the opposition have worked us out quite comfortably. We're too stubborn or clueless to swallow our pride and try and change, not to mention the confidence and unshakeable belief from these heroes has evaporated and we can no longer expect to be anything special. But until we have a new regime with no loyalties to this squad and heir preferred way of playing which is proving to be flawed, we won't succeed.

Just like United have had real problems living in a world without Ferguson, there's an inevitable period of a few seasons where it doesn't matter who's in charge there'll be problems. I sense that although you can't compare us and them, I just feel we're due a bad period. We've never been a stable club, we're all or nothing and that's why we are a team that can never be classed as ordinary. Crap at times yes, but not ordinary.

Big changes still need to be made despite the troubles we will have as we try to find a new identity as a club. Get that coont Rudkin out for starters, followed by his mates in the boys club and rebuild from top to bottom. No expense spared from the Thais and if they don't want to do that then sell us. Make £300+ million and go and enjoy it, they've completed football anyway.

2 hours ago, nnfox said:

It's because NP needs to pay the bills.  He's been down on his luck for a while now and has been ringing around all the people he knows.  "You got any jobs gooing at your place mate? I'll take literally anything."

Can't understand why he didn't buy an Ostrich farm?...

DSC_0846.jpg

2 hours ago, nnfox said:

Well no because Monk got the Middlesbrough job ahead of Pearson.

16 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Can one of the 50 people that voted for him please explain to me why Rafa would leave Newcastle to come here? 

Because he's allegedly fed up with Ashley promising him money for transfers, and not stumping it up.

Just what I have read, and saw online, no interest in Newcastle, so how true it is I don't know.

I'm also guessing it is who would you want question, not who would we realistically get, or want to come here, because the shambles that are running the club, I think we would struggle to get any of the names on the list, even bob lol 

18 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Because he's allegedly fed up with Ashley promising him money for transfers, and not stumping it up.

Just what I have read, and saw online, no interest in Newcastle, so how true it is I don't know.

I'm also guessing it is who would you want question, not who would we realistically get, or want to come here, because the shambles that are running the club, I think we would struggle to get any of the names on the list, even bob lol 

Benitez?.. 

Bob Hope and No hope!... 

25 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Given that MOTD gave a bunch of airtime to some woman at their match at the weekend that is renowned for brokering football takeovers and investments from the Middle East, I doubt this will be the case much longer. 

54 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

#VoteBob. :D

35 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Given that MOTD gave a bunch of airtime to some woman at their match at the weekend that is renowned for brokering football takeovers and investments from the Middle East, I doubt this will be the case much longer. 

Don't think the people running the club could get any of them, hodgson taken, so they'd get pardew.

Shakespeare should have had an experienced no2, who has been there and done it, not a bloke from the lower leagues, as both look like they are clueless at this level.

16 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Christophe Galtier is free still after leaving St Etienne at the end of last season, I'd be lying if I said I knew much about him but his name stood out as one I recognised. If anyone watches French footy week in week out and doesn't rate him then fair enough!

He did ok with Les Verts but not sure he is the answer for City 

#VoteBob

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 19:57, Chico1958 said:

I'd go and break the bank and get Silva

No stars (as such) at Watford and he's doing fine

If Rafa could seriously be tempted from Newcastle that's also a good shout

Anyone but Pearson but that looks to be on the cards ........ Put it this way

I wouldn't bet against it

could you imagine the melt down in here if we lost 6-0 at home?

just look at the absolute melt down in here from drawing 0-0 away!

1 hour ago, Sionnach gorm said:

Rafa, is an excellent manager.  I'd take him any day.  Even ancelotti has said that Rafa is a true tactical genius.  I wish this article was true, but I doubt he would leave Newcastle.

You never know until you try

that said obviously #VoteBob. :D

Archived