Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

Why are we even having a thread like this Craig Shakespeare is still the Leicester City Manager and I for one whilst he still is in the role and the owners continue to back him, yes at times we question his decisions in formation tactics and squad selection we can’t forget he’s still our manager so we should back him until he no longer is the manager then and if when we should all get behind shaky and the team ?

Yes we’ve all put our penny’s worth in who to take over if and when but until that time let’s just show a bit of respect to Shaky ??

On 01/10/2017 at 20:57, Izzy Muzzett said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's not a million miles away from what's currently happening.

Lots of posters on here have mentioned 'player power' recently. I sometimes wonder how much input and influence the likes of Vardy, Wes, Kasper and the old guard 'band of brothers' actually have in Shakey's overall decision making?

Not having a pop at you muzzy but starting to wish the so called band of brothers were gone. This talk is no more than conspiracy and rubbish dreamt up at the bar. But I can tell you  Donald Trump is an alien.

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Not having a pop at you muzzy but starting to wish the so called band of brothers were gone. This talk is no more than conspiracy and rubbish dreamt up at the bar. But I can tell you  Donald Trump is an alien.

Tell me something I don't know. :rolleyes:

If vardy got injured so he couldnt play we would be in deep doodoo

However at his age he has less of an influence over the future of the club.

An earkeir post said stop undermining shakey.... but this is a forum and while we cheer on a satureday we can also regkect on tbe dikemas we have.  It is alway legitimate to speak up if we feel thibgs are nit goibg in the right direct and decisions are rewuired to turn things round.

I think cs has presided over a period where the squad is not strong and thats not his fault. .... but his tactics and culture seems way too cautious

I like cs. .. but i  belive he is not  right for us and sooner or later he will be replaced.  I think sooner would be better sad to say

I'd quite like Rafa to be honest.

I think we need a complete change and going back to Pearson would be more of the same, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, but I just don't think he is the manager that could make us into a regular top 8 club. 

Whether Rafa will leave Newcastle if Ashley does sell-up to "better" owners, i'm not sure. Newcastle are a bigger club and Rafa is a huge coup for them, so unless Ashley stays and Rafa loses his patience, then we could try and get him here. 

There is no way in hell Ancelotti would come here. 

Tunchel is an interesting one but I just think he might struggle here and go the way of a De Boer.

Howe is probably comfortable and waiting on a bigger job than us. Everton perhaps.

O'Neil will never come back here. Wagner would be interesting one. May be too soon for him to quit the wave Huddersfield are on though. 

I actually still think if the owners act soon, then Big Sam will be their prime candidate, which I wouldn't be too happy about but would understand why they would go that way. He is a big name. He keeps teams up. He is available and probably looking for a way back in by now. 

Rafa for me though off that list! Just hope he has had enough of Ashley and wants out and is open for a quick switch to us! 

4 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

So we're worse than Zenit, a St. Petersburg Russia team? :ph34r:

Yeah. He'll also be on a massive wedge and playing in Europe. It's an obvious step down unless you're not being serious.

Rafa would be a huge coup.

Can't see him leaving Geordie Land to come to Leicester though.

Dyche would probably make the move and wouldn't stand any shite from any of em. I couldn't take his excuses when we lost though.

I don't know who'd come here tbh at present.

Finally, I don't think getting Nige back would be a forward move either.

I was watching some of his interviews before the great escape happened, last night on you tube.

He was a crazy man at that point and was clearly letting the media get under his skin.

Not keen on Rafa Benitez to be honest. Experienced at first hand how he took over an exciting Napoli side under Mazzarri and turned it into a boring watch with his continual rotation and negative system of play.

17 hours ago, Wookie said:

Yeah. He'll also be on a massive wedge and playing in Europe. It's an obvious step down unless you're not being serious.

Sorry but it still is the Russian Premier League with no chance in Europe, compared to a Prem league with owners willing to spend.  Furthermore, Mancini may have something to prove, which he certainly could not do with a league that is considered by most as a transition or a salary.  I just don't see us being worse that Zenit...though I am aware we are not a top choice.

Archived