Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

West Brom Post Match

Unsurprisingly slow, unsurprisingly boring, unsurprisingly we lacked ideas.

Dreadful game from both teams, yet again though we had the better chances and could of won.

Subs actually changed the game, Slimani should of come on after halftime, Iheanacho was fvcking garbage. Chilwell was our most positive player and he only played 20 minutes.

Shakespeare is a likeable guy but he isn't managerial material, some of the comments I've seen tonight though saying it's worse than under Ranieri last season baffle me, unlike last season we haven't been destroyed by four goals yet.

from half time til their goal was quite possibly the most bizarre period of football ive ever witnessed. the ten minutes of their keeper doing whatever he was doing. man thought i was high. 

I thought we played decent for most of the game apart from around 10 minutes where they scored. We were the only team trying to play football and West Brom really are a boring, disgusting team. I get teams playing like that against the top 6 but playing so defensively away to Leicester is an embarrassment to premier league football. If we'd have lost that it would have been a huge injustice. Disappointed we only drew as we had enough chances to win easily. Some positives to take away from this game and i dont feel Shakey was to blame. The manager cant account for mahrez missing a sitter and iheanacho giving a ridiculous free kick away. Bringing on slim and Chilwell was a good move as well. Disappointing result but a better performance in my opinion 

Dreadful, tedious, laborious, lacklustre, zero creativity, zero ideas and zero quality.

Two really, really average teams with two piss poor performances. And strangely enough we slightly improved when we changed the formation. Frankly this will not improve until we get a proper manager in with a proper back room staff.... this was quite possibly the worse performance all season, a better side would have beaten us with ease.

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I thought we played decent for most of the game apart from around 10 minutes where they scored. We were the only team trying to play football and West Brom really are a boring, disgusting team. I get teams playing like that against the top 6 but playing so defensively away to Leicester is an embarrassment to premier league football. If we'd have lost that it would have been a huge injustice. Disappointed we only drew as we had enough chances to win easily. Some positives to take away from this game and i dont feel Shakey was to blame. The manager cant account for mahrez missing a sitter and iheanacho giving a ridiculous free kick away. Bringing on slim and Chilwell was a good move as well. Disappointing result but a better performance in my opinion 

It was CS who didn’t take Inheanacho off earlier, he was a liability all game. If CS had took him off when everyone could see he want up to it then he would not have given away the free kick. Also as a striker why was he on the edge of our box, not many guy score from in their own half

15 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Heard it on BBCRL. Said something like "we had more of the ball, we didn't move it enough, was important to adapt so we were good when we changed shape. Happy for Mahrez. Not against changing the shape against Swansea"

Massive paraphrasing though

May be wrong but I thought there was a contractual obligation for the manager or one of their assistants to give post match interview with Sky.....Kasper talking to his Dad was only Leicester input to post match talk  ??

Just now, Claridge said:

Nacho is a Lardy Arse, we have been well and truly ****ed over signing him

yeah tonight should shut everyone up tbf, it showed there’s clearly a reason him and iborra have been slumming it in the 23s, and haven’t even looked any good for them. god awful. 

The players looked lost.

Kasper did his usual free kick line up trick again.

We don't have a midfielder who can pass a ball forward.

The change of shape helped but good God we looked so bad.

If he stays, I can't see us surviving. 

His generic, robotic answers in interviews just proves how far out of his depth he is.  

49 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

No. But you seem to see the world in terms of clack or white. There are some shades in between. We were losing at home against one of the most organised teams in the league and playing little more than average. But we got a point. That's okay. Which is what I said. Not good. Not catastrophic. It's okay

No. It's NOT!!!! 

It's West Brom AWAY to us. We had some good moments. But few and far between. They were dire and unimaginative. The problem was, we were duller and less imaginative than them, with the exception of maybe 3 or 4 occasions where we pressed. Their goalkeeper was crocked and we didn't take advantage. No shots on target in the second half??? Fatboy Craig has to get more from our players. Whatever he did to pull us out of relegation last season needs to be re-mastered. Claudio was in this position last season and ultimately paid the price when it was almost too late. Let's hope the owners don't leave it too late this time round.

I had faith in CS initially, now I think he's beyond his capabilities, He looks and seems clueless. CR was castigated for not changing formation last season and now it seems we're no better off.

Disjointed, slow to 'attack', lacking creativity in the final 3rd, lacking confidence, lacking ideas, too far apart when attacking... I could go on. It's not looking good. 

Though, I have to save WBA were the most negatively boring team I have ever seen! Not surprised, but that was a new level. 

The less said about Mike Dean the better. 

I also think that IF the club decide to let Shakey go we need to take a fresh approach to things and bring in someone with new ideas. 

We really lack a centre mid that will drive forwards with the ball. Ndidi does it occasionally but when it really needs to happen both of our CM's are just too happy to pass it outwide. 

As for the goal, if there were less players in the wall then he saves that all day. 

Not a good performance at all but I'm glad we atleast got a point. West Brom were extremely negative. 

6 minutes ago, Bluebeemer said:

It was CS who didn’t take Inheanacho off earlier, he was a liability all game. If CS had took him off when everyone could see he want up to it then he would not have given away the free kick. Also as a striker why was he on the edge of our box, not many guy score from in their own half

Bex

1 minute ago, irishfoxkev said:

May be wrong but I thought there was a contractual obligation for the manager or one of their assistants to give post match interview with Sky.....Kasper talking to his Dad was only Leicester input to post match talk  ??

He did do one ...just seen him on Sky Sports News.....strange it wasn't broadcast earlier .....Ah well didn't say much to inspire me for what lies ahead....

Archived