Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

West Brom Post Match

2 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Am I the only one who gets a sinking feeling when we concede a free kick, in a good shooting position? :(

Kudos to Slim, with the benefit of hindsight we would have been better starting him. Nacho doesn't look fit enough to start.

Put my name on the teamsheet. Wholly predictable.

Dismal tonight. 

Shakespeare won't be with us by the end of this month. Needed to win tonight. You can excuse arsenal, man utd away to an extent. Can't make any for him tonight. 

That said the players have a bit of soul searching to do. Hate saying it given the glory we've had with them but something is clearly amiss. Tonight was a chance to put right some woeful form and we didn't deliver. 

Looks like a relegation battle is on. I'm afraid it also looks like the bubble has well and truly burst. 

1 minute ago, Lestoh1 said:

Its not a good point from the "dont expect much from the top teams but we will be ok in the other games" brigade is it?

Were absolute tosh and we were tonight

Disagree. Strongly.  It enjoy your evening. 

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

N'Didi had a decent game tonight.

He had a poor last 15-20mins...Though for a 2 man midfield, his play is remarkably good.

Here I go again..until we play 3 Out n out midfielders, we wont get any consistency or continuity

in either our build up play or midfield defensive holding. We need James back, or King with a 3.

If we get Silva, we cant then ju s t play Silva and Ndidi, a 3rd is needed.

It's the lack of purpose that's worrying. We didn't play with any intent or aggression for most of that, terrible behaviour. From watching that, nacho is not fit i don't think, looked a yard off the pace. I still maintain 3412/352 is our best formation, the way we finished the game still gives me that view. 

If only we could start every game as we do when we go down and we're chasing the game in the 80th minute.

It's as if the players can't be arsed until we concede and then they decide to be bothered about actually putting in a performance. 

Poor. 

Struggling to see what people want from the players. West Brom come here stick 11 behind the ball. We keep patient rather than long ball and we get the golden chance where Mahrez blazes it over the bar. 

Kelechi make a touch Musa would be proud and then Kasper has another brain fart. 

We didnt hammer it long like previous weeks. Kept patient. Changes the formation and it works. More width and Mahrez freed up. 

Just now, buzzer_b said:

If only we could start every game as we do when we go down and we're chasing the game in the 80th minute.

It's as if the players can't be arsed until we concede and then they decide to be bothered about actually putting in a performance. 

Poor. 

We were shite chasing the game at the end though. They could have scored a few on the break as Fuchs decided he was just not going to bother playing as the third centre back.

He has been awful and needs dropping.

1 minute ago, Lestoh1 said:

So for the record you thought we were GOOD (ie the opposite of tosh) tonight?

SERIOUSLY??

No. But you seem to see the world in terms of clack or white. There are some shades in between. We were losing at home against one of the most organised teams in the league and playing little more than average. But we got a point. That's okay. Which is what I said. Not good. Not catastrophic. It's okay. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

We were shite chasing the game at the end though. They could have scored a few on the break as Fuchs decided he was just not going to bother playing as the third centre back.

If only we bought in a cb on loan that we can play to start with 3 at the back every week :whistle:

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think they let everyone down tonight including the manager, utterly brainless at times. I don't think I've said "what the feck are you doing" more before watching a game.

Bingo - Mahrez with the sitter, Kelechi with awful first touches and too many touches across the board. Times where the ball would break and we had a chance to counter but slowed it down. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

He's not been as good as awful. If he seriously steps it up, he'd be awful.

3 minutes ago, DannyN83 said:

The wind really fvcked up our passing game..

Being at the game you couldn’t tell it was windy enough to effect the ball

But having just watched kaspers interview on the walk home He’s blamed the passing performance on the ground being too dry 

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Ineacho looked good when running with the ball at players instead of these hopeless hoofs from albrighton seriously if he starts the next game il delete my account

I’ll say goodbye now then. CS does have the bottle to do anything that NP or CR did before

Archived