Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

West Brom Post Match

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Struggling to see what people what from the players. West Brom come here stick 11 behind the ball. We keep patient rather than long ball and we get the golden chance where Mahrez blazes it over the bar. 

Kelechi make a touch Musa would be proud and then Kasper has another brain fart. 

We didnt hammer it long like previous weeks. Kept patient. Changes the formation and it works. More width and Mahrez freed up. 

We went too far the other way. Far too many touches individually that weren't needed, no give and go, sharp passing into feet. We looked like a team coached to play one way (whatever that is) and totally unsure how to do anything else. 

Our best moments came from neat touches and running off the ball. The lack of creativity in the middle was alarming.

I remember last season.....a last minute pen from Mahrez saved us a point again Boro which we didn’t deserve.

And I remember posting on here that the point would not do us any favours because it would make it easier to avoid taking difficult but necessary decisions

Plus ca change...and all that....

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

He's not been as good as awful. If he seriously steps it up, he'd be awful.

Needs to stop peddling shit t-shirts and thinking he's hilarious otherwise Chilwell will take his place and he won't get back in the team.

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Ineacho looked good when running with the ball at players instead of these hopeless hoofs from albrighton seriously if he starts the next game il delete my account

Three occasions Kelechi over ran it including once for their goal. 

Albrighton stuck two crosses on a plate across the 6 yard box

16 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Need to took at formation which finished the game.

We look like we have no energy or ideas any more. Certainly can't get service to Vardy. 

Subs too late again. Why!?! Shakey just stood there writing shit down 

Hope it's his resignation letter 

He was writing his order for the chippy.

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Being at the game you couldn’t tell it was windy enough to effect the ball

But having just watched kaspers interview on the walk home He’s blamed the passing performance on the ground being too dry 

Fair enough comment. If only we played in a river, his throws out to defenders might then hold up enough that they're not intercepted.

Awful game but  we played the majority of the game with 10 men. It was only 11 vs 11 when Nacho went off and we looked a far better team. Hopefully Shakey has the balls to ditch 442 and put 3 in midfield or he'll be out by xmas.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

We went too far the other way. Far too many touches individually that weren't needed, no give and go, sharp passing into feet. We looked like a team coached to play one way (whatever that is) and totally unsure how to do anything else. 

Our best moments came from neat touches and running off the ball. The lack of creativity in the middle was alarming.

But how much of that is under the control of the manager? That's more my point. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Needs to stop peddling shit t-shirts and thinking he's hilarious otherwise Chilwell will take his place and he won't get back in the team.

Can't agree enough. He was absolutely dire and it's not the first time recently.

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Shakey was pleased for the players 

Also says we've been excellent on the training pitch 

God help us

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol Kill me

Edit: Think i broke the emoticon

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We were shite chasing the game at the end though. They could have scored a few on the break as Fuchs decided he was just not going to bother playing as the third centre back.

He has been awful and needs dropping.

I've said it before but there's definitely a fitness issue too. We're frequently being picked off at the end of games and barely able to muster an attack of any note ourselves.

Equaliser has probably saved him a bullet by a game. We cant stick if nothing is going to change results or performance wise, theres a point where you have to twist.

Nacho playing Shinji's role even though he's heavier set and more of a finisher than battler, we kept going wide often with Vardy as the only man in the box whilst they have a fat old man in goal - injured for half of it, stick Slimani on and he's drifting out wide to help play, only helping when he was in the box where Mahrez scored. Poor decisions, lads not 100% up for it at times, it was a tough team to play, they beat us last year and the title winning campaign they deserved their draw but we have to realise the situation and find impetus, were in the bottom three ffs - fight tooth and nail or we're going down, keep doing the same and we're going down; sort it out immediately Shaky

Just now, TheMightySystem said:

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol Kill me

????????????????????????????

TMS CATCH !

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'm blaming the players for a lot today, there were some really obvious opportunities, easy balls that would have enabled us to switch play and move the ball quickly but we didn't even attempt them. If I was the manager I'd be pulling my hair out watching that, because I can't believe that's what he wanted.

I think we look better with direct running. Chilwell and Gray I think would serve us better at the moment.

West Brom offered nothing to what we expected this evening. But we looked ill-equipped tactically to break them down. We were the better side of two very average ones indeed for most of it and enjoyed more possession but no cutting edge for much of it. Had Mahrez scored, then think we would have won. At least Shakey responded to their goal - Kasper was very poor for that - although apart from the goal, Slimani ended up way outside the box. Chilwell was good I thought. Not convinced Shakey is getting the best from the squad whatsoever however. Time is ticking for him. 

Archived