Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

West Brom Post Match

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

But how much of that is under the control of the manager? That's more my point. 

The manager should be setting out how the team plays. I'm sure the West Brom players would like to play more expansively but the manager drills them in a certain way.

The issue we've got is the fact the players put our manager in the job, talked him up in the press, is he strong enough to go against that? We needed an overhaul of playing staff, coaching staff and playing style in the summer and we've failed on virtually every count so far.

Badmouth Ndidi all you'd like but he wasn't anywhere near as bad as the worst of that game. Made 7 tackles, 78% pass completion, made by far the most passes of the game (most being short since his long passing isn't great, which is fine), got more aerial duel wins than any West Brom player etc. If you're looking for a scapegoat, Ndidi isn't it.

So painfully predictable and toothless. That 4-4-2 will be our downfall if someone doesn't talk sense to CS .

One thing stroke me like a slap in the face : Iborra will never fit in a two men midfield, period.

First of all, he doesn't have the pace and work-rate of an Ndiddy or Drinkwater. 
Secondly, at Sevilla he was used to play in a 4-1-2-2-1 as a sentinel behind a midfield-two of Nzonzi and Vasquez.

Even a blind man's dog could see that this midfield is atrociously imbalanced.

As a result, Vardy is living out of scraps, Simpson/Albrighton and Fuchs constantly resort to orbital hoofs and Mahrez gets the ball most of the time in his own half.

That scenario is repeating itself game after game after game, and still no evidence of CS planning to make a significant change in our set-up.

Remind me of the old saying:  fool me once, shame on you, but foul me twice, shame on me.... 

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol Kill me

Didnt quite catch your reply. 

Have to give a bit of credit to shakey with his substitutions as slimani and chilwell played a massive role in the goal with slimani making a quality knock down to find mahrez who looked better in his more central role. For me if we play to his strengths, Slimani can play a huge role for us this season. He did more in 20 mins than either Iheanacho and Vardy did with Iheanacho looking especially rusty. However the last 20 mins showed us what we all knew a few games ago, we MUST play with wing backs and it's taken way too long for Shakey to realise.

Just now, ScouseFox said:

harry maguire was our best attacking player. I’m going to bed. 

Thought Albrighton and Mahrez both did ok tbf, not amazing, but they looked the most likely to make something happen. Slimani did well when he came on too.

Overall pretty rancid and I've gotten to the point where I think it's time for Shakespeare to go, but we looked so so much better once we switched to 3-5-2. Hopefully we can finally abandon 4-4-2 for Swansea.

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Thought Albrighton and Mahrez both did ok tbf, not amazing, but they looked the most likely to make something happen. Slimani did well when he came on too.

Overall pretty rancid and I've gotten to the point where I think it's time for Shakespeare to go, but we looked so so much better once we switched to 3-5-2. Hopefully we can finally abandon 4-4-2 for Swansea.

It was more of a 343, no? Fuchs, Morgan and Maguire at the back with Albrighton and Chilwell as WBs, Nididi and Iborra in midfield, with Slimani, Vardy and Mahrez at the top.

4 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Do we think players like Gray and Dragovic turn up to training and light a spliff and just throw stone at the staff or something ?

I've said this already, but Dragovic is wasting his time here. 

A well-rated, ball-playing, (relatively) young CB on a plate for us to sign, and you know he's got no chance at making it into the PL side under Pulis Jr. This will be especially so when our Huthy returns.

Edit: Hang on, I forgot: he'll get a bloody good run-out for the few cup games we enjoy this season, along with our record signings.

2 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Maybe I blinked but can't recall seeing Shakey post match interview on Sky ....Is there a sinister reason for this ??

Heard it on BBCRL. Said something like "we had more of the ball, we didn't move it enough, was important to adapt so we were good when we changed shape. Happy for Mahrez. Not against changing the shape against Swansea"

Massive paraphrasing though

Utterly dreadful. I knew we wouldn't actually bother attacking them until they inevitably scored from a set piece.

Positive that we showed a bit of fight and looked accomplished when we actually tried to get forward (there's a surprise...), but that first 70 minutes was shocking- we'll go down if we carry on like that, make no mistake.

Archived