Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea away pre match thread

2 Wins away from 24 matches, and lets face it one of those at West Ham last season was exremely fortunate, 2 wins the in last 11 in the Premier League. When teams like palace, Burnley, newcastle, Watford can pick up points against the potential top 6 its no excuse

If anyone truly believes we will go to Swansea and win they need to be sectioned! a lucky draw at best.  2-0 Swansea

12 hours ago, TheMightySystem said:

Schmeichel

Dragovic - Morgan - Maguire

Albrighton                                    Chilwell

Ndidi - Iborra

Mahrez

Vardy - Slimani

Everyone can see it other than the people that are responsible, unfortunately. 

Defend, defend, Shakespeare will be delighted with it a 0-0, Swansea will eventually score and we start chasing the game, well either get and equaliser or lose, we won’t win I can tell you that. :yawn::yawn::yawn: 

Once again Shakespeare is too concerned about not losing rather then trying to win.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Defend, defend, Shakespeare will be delighted with it a 0-0, Swansea will eventually score and we start chasing the game, well either get and equaliser or lose, we won’t win I can tell you that. :yawn::yawn::yawn: 

Once again Shakespeare is too concerned about not losing rather then trying to win.

Not too concerned my friend, this is his only bloody concern.

Have a ticket to go to this but for as long as Shakespeare remains manager I aint going to bother with my time, my patience or my shoe leather to travel 225mles each way to watch what was served up at Huddersfield. Bournemouth and West Brom.

It will be same old same old with Ronald Macdonald and his sidekick scratching their heads in the dugout.  2 0 loss.

15 hours ago, TheMightySystem said:

Schmeichel

Dragovic - Morgan - Maguire

Albrighton                                    Chilwell

Ndidi - Iborra

Mahrez

Vardy - Slimani

This, but with Okazaki instead of Mahrez linking the midfield and attack (he is industrious and drops deep anyway).  Mahrez to replace him in the second half once he's run his socks off.  Then use Leeds to experiment with other players within this formation.

Swansea played 4-3-3 in their last game. As they won it’s unlikely that they will change their set up. If we attempt 4-4-2 we will be overrun in midfield (yet again!). It’s time for Shakey and Appleton to show some adaptability and tactical awareness.

25 minutes ago, WilmslowFox said:

This, but with Okazaki instead of Mahrez linking the midfield and attack (he is industrious and drops deep anyway).  Mahrez to replace him in the second half once he's run his socks off.  Then use Leeds to experiment with other players within this formation.

here is what's good about playing with wingbacks, they stretch the field! you don't need to play 1 player whose sole purpose is to link up or drive upfield. by streching the field, your midfield will set up alot higher because there's space. 

i say play riyad, he is the best technical player in this squad, he may keep the ball a little too long sometimes, but he can change a game in seconds, the whole purpose of this 3ATB is giving him less defensive duties

Schmeichel

Simpson - Morgan - Maguire

Albrighton - Iborra - Ndidi - Chilwell

Mahrez

Vardy - Slimani

Amartey could come on in defence or RWB

Fuchs could come on for Chilwell

If winning bring on King to shore up midfield

Gray for Mahrez in the free role could work

Okazaki for Slimani on 60 if losing

The options are there to play this formation, be bold, change it up and see how we get on.

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Who would you replace him with?

It's not my concern, that's for the owners, but Shakespeare cannot justify his role, after results and performances have continued to be negative since the early good results, with little or no sign of him improving the results, performances, and looks out of his depth.

I wanted stability just as much as the next person, and still do, Shakespeare is just showing how little limited he is, and there will be better options available I'm sure.

I hoped Shakespeare had what it took to stabilise the club this season, didn't think he would take us down or take us forward, I have changed my mind, how inexperienced he appearing, we will probably be rebuilding in the championship if he stays, would be more than happy to be proved wrong though.

I would be very shocked if he changed anything against these, and doubt the outcome will be positive.

Archived