Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Everton (H) Match Thread

6 minutes ago, Steven said:

3-1-3-3 for me.

Morgan, Maguire, Fuchs

Iborra

Simpson, Ndidi, Chillwell

Mahrez, Vardy, Gray

4-4-2 if it was 3-1-3-3 it would of been Albrighton instead of Simpson in that position (maybe) 

16 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Just as a laugh... Ahmed Musa is the 3rd favourite to score on bet365....

fck me.. and people trust bookies to know whats going on

Edit...as another laugh.. i just saw the squad picture on the LCFC facebook page..and Shakey isnt in it, so they must tell the manager to bugger off during the photo sessions... lol

I saw them quote Arman Verma as favourite to score a couple of years back. A player who'd left the club and even when he was here never got a game was shorter odds than Vardy, Mahrez and co. Ridiculous.

All players comfortable with the ball are in. 

Gray AND Mahrez.

Dragovic given a chance.

Promising youngster (Gray and Chilly) in starting XI.

Well, if that's boring then I love to be bored.

20 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

How will Kelechi ans Slimani have minutes if he plans to play like  this? 

Swap Gray for Albrighton if he's having a mare. Then Vards for Slim and Mahrez for Nach. At about 65-70 mins. Assuming no injuries to back line or midfield... and maybe that we're winning  :)

Just now, Chico1958 said:

Just realised Amartey not even on the bench

MOTM against Leeds then dropped   ?

Hope the kid gets a chance in the future

OMG was just typing the same, glad i didnt click reply before i read your reply 1st.

Im suprised with him not even being at least on the bench tbh

21 minutes ago, Mark said:

It’s time to find a way to play without Okazaki, we’re too restricted in personal and formation. At least he’s trying to sort it early on.

Exactly. never thought he'd made changes that deep already in his first game. Really excited to see how it pans out.

24 minutes ago, Mark said:

It’s time to find a way to play without Okazaki, we’re too restricted in personal and formation. At least he’s trying to sort it early on.

Exactly. never thought he'd made changes that deep already in his first game. Really excited to see how it pans out.

Well at least he is trying something different.

I love Okazaki and Albrighton and part of me feels they should play every game.  They are as integral to the way we played when we won the league as Vardy.  I feel sad when they are not in the team.

However..... (and I did say this a few months back so I am great).....

Maybe we do need to change the way we approach games as we have become a little predictable.At present, Okazaki and Albrighton run themselves into the ground with Okazaki always being taken off around the hour mark and Albrighton either subbed late on too or, if not, ending games less important to the team than when he started the game.  COnventional wisdom has been that we bring on A big striker and Gray late on to push on.  However, I really cannot think of two better players to bring on late in a game than Okazaki and Albrighton.  If we are winning then their running would be invaluable to holding on and, if not, they have both shown that they can have an impact on the attacking side of our game when subbed on.  Maybe starting with more "flair" and bringing these two on is a good idea.  If I were a tired defender I think I would feel more depressed seeing these two come on that anyone else.

Anyway, we''ll see but welcome Puel and let;s hope this is the start of something great.

Good luck everyone.  Let;s do these cvnts.

X

17 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Chilwell, Iborra and Ndidi in the middle

This is what I think we are playing, but the first 10 minutes will be hilarious as we all try and work out what system we are actually playing!

One fear I have is that with such little time to prepare we end up being positionally all over the place. We've also taken out two of our highest energy players in Albrighton and Okazaki. But equally we might have a fluid front 3 of Vardy, Mahrez and Gray all interchanging, which if nothing else should be entertaining. If it all goes wrong I guess we can just bring Shinji on and hoof it to victory anyway!

Archived