Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Everton (H) Match Thread

It's 5-4-1

Simpson - Morgan - Maguire - Fuchs - Chillwell

Mahrez - Iborra - Ndidi - Gray

Vardy

Claude Puel was known for being defence-minded, “perfect fit” for counter-attack style of Leicester's players.

:D

40 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

Gray and Mahrez.  CP proving that he's not that defensive.

Yet he's playing a fullback on the wing and dropped the goalscorer from the last game. And we're at home. Pretty defensive I'd say.

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is what I think we are playing, but the first 10 minutes will be hilarious as we all try and work out what system we are actually playing!

One fear I have is that with such little time to prepare we end up being positionally all over the place. We've also taken out two of our highest energy players in Albrighton and Okazaki. But equally we might have a fluid front 3 of Vardy, Mahrez and Gray all interchanging, which if nothing else should be entertaining. If it all goes wrong I guess we can just bring Shinji on and hoof it to victory anyway!

The real highlight is Dragovic. You have the two CBs calm and comfortable on the ball. The play will be built from the back with Iborra as deep lying playmaker. The creatives are freed from defensive duties. With Gray and Chillwell the opponent won't be able to exclusively concentrate on Mahrez. I'm a bit worried for the regaining ball phase but when we have it, it certainly looks tasty.

5 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

The real highlight is Dragovic. You have the two CBs calm and comfortable on the ball. The play will be built from the back with Iborra as deep lying playmaker. The creatives are freed from defensive duties.  With Gray and Chillwell the opponent won't be able  to exclusively concentrate on Mahrez. I'ma bit worried for the regaining ball phase but when we have it, it certainly looks tasty.

Dragovic isn't playing?  Or am I confused?  Apologies if I have missed the point. X

8 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Sheez, they just aired a featurette on the importance of Okazaki to the team, and the amazing year he is having.

It's a squad game.... He could cause a tiring defence all kinds of problems second half....

Archived