Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Man City Match Thread

They've been in control from the 30th minute, Stones going off has made them more solid and tactically they're doing us too.

Not sure about Albrighton inside at all, too lightweight to be a midfielder, best attribute is crossing and he's not getting wide often.

Not going to read too much into this game as city are ridiculously good but I genuinely don't see any kind of gameplan. Their defence is utter piss now Stones has gone off and we have not even threatened them. Just hope we don't get smashed like everyone else has against them as we ain't scoring here today! 

Just now, pSinatra said:

It's been coming for about 20 mins.  Have we got anywhere near their goal?  Their goalie hasn't touched the ball yet.

A good, well deserved goal.

No real criticism of our play really.  We all knew it was going to be like this & if we can avoid a cricket score, we haven't done too bad.  I just don't want us getting our arses kicked & it effecting our confidence.

We played to contain them, need to swap now and just go for it, like every pep team if you get at them you will get chances 

Think people are overrating that Man City performance. They didn't do all that much.

They may be a great side but we don't look totally outclassed today. The goal is poor, if we'd have conceded that against Burnley no one would be saying it was a great goal. We just went to sleep.

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Not going to read too much into this game as city are ridiculously good but I genuinely don't see any kind of gameplan. Their defence is utter piss now Stones has gone off and we have not even threatened them. Just hope we don't get smashed like everyone else has against them as we ain't scoring here today! 

Dude.

On this forum, WE are City.

They are Man City.

:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Think people are overrating that Man City performance. They didn't do all that much.

They may be a great side but we don't look totally outclassed today. The goal is poor, if we'd have conceded that against Burnley no one would be saying it was a great goal. We just went to sleep.

Burnley wouldn’t score that, it was beautiful and it is very rare i say that when we concede 

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Come off it, it was a really slick move

2 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Well there is someone to blame because the run wasn't tracked.

Good half but that was a soft goal.

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Very good goal but Simpson's awareness of his surroundings was poor. Let Silva run off him. Sané has left him dizzy after that half.

I'm surprised Simpson and the midfield held out that long, to be honest. Sané is actually the best winger in the league and their goal was coming anyway. It was only a matter of time before one of the back four makes a mistake. I maintain that it is a fine goal. The only thing I do regret is the timing, conceding just before the half-time is always annoying.

The game is still on though.

Their goal was embarrasingly easy. If we want to get anything out of this game we can't play too deep , we should be all over their defenders like a cheap suit , just like the Arsenal did against Spurs.  We need to go for this now, give them space and a second on the ball they will slaughter us. 

Just now, Vacamion said:

Dude.

On this forum, WE are City.

They are Man City.

:rolleyes:

Haha sorry mate. Yeh  we are definitely not ridiculously good. To be fair we've contained them for most of the half and they've had hardly any chances until the goal but we ain't looking like we will score today. Like i said, disappointing considering their defence is weak! Vardy doesn't look himself and I thought the same against Stoke and for England against Brazil. I know hes not seen much of the ball but when he has hes just wasteful. 

Just now, blabyboy said:

I still think we can beat these today. Need to link up more and get it in their heads that they can do it. Kinda feels like we're giving them far too much respect and sitting back. 

You get at a pep side and you can score, just need to ride your luck at the other end but we might as well just come out swinging now we are down 

5 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Couldn't disagree more. They are a class outfit and it was a class goal. They are averaging over 3 goals a game at the moment so they must be pretty good. We've contained them pretty well but w touch of class opened us up for the goal. 

Archived