Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City Post Match Thread 0-2

Missed today. Unavoidable. Sensed it was one I wouldnt regret.

2-0 defeat to what is the in-form team in World football. No surprise De Bruyne was to the fore. Expected him or Jesus to be the difference.Lo and behold..

Was never bothered about this all that much as I expected a loss. Next!

The games until Man Utd will be ones we can expect something from.

50 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Pretty frustrated in all honesty. I felt we lacked some aggression today and it was more of an audience with “Man City”. Appreciate they’re possibly the best side in the league at present, but roll the red carpet out for them and they will punish you. I thought we did okay, I don’t think they outclassed us and I think that they had to work hard for their goals. At the same time I’m slightly disappointed because I feel bad we been a bit more aggressive and had a bit more belief we could have snatched something.

They will probably win the league so we just have to forget about it and take advantage of a mismatched West Ham.

I very much hope I’m wrong. But he just doesn’t seem to inspire any real confidence in me. Maybe its just his dour personality, I’m not calling for him to be sacked that would just be plain daft, but I think the West Ham game will be telling, certainly in terms of what he wants to do. 

I didn't catch any of this other than updates on talksport, it seems to have gone exactly as I expected beforehand.

If we're looking at positives, we have only lost -2 goal difference. These beat Liverpool and Watford by 5 and 6 respectively earlier in the season.

No need for any form of over reaction today. We were beaten by arguably the best side in Europe at the moment.

Granted there were things we could of done better and we can argue puels tactics didn't help but I'm glad he's trying different things, we've been crying out for new ideas for some time, some will work, some won't.

Guest CityFan 06

Manchester City were top class, and are the probable title winners. We couldn't really get back into the game today because of how well they kept the ball. Subs should've come on earlier - left it too late with Slim and Okazaki...

I don't think it was a case of personnel either. Felt to me we could've tried a variety of different options and I think we'd still of lost. Excellent opposition, Man City are a team playing at the top of their game at the moment. 

Also noticed through different periods of the game today, how Man City took the sting out of it. Have to be a very good team to do that, and they are.

42 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I didn't catch any of this other than updates on talksport, it seems to have gone exactly as I expected beforehand.

If we're looking at positives, we have only lost -2 goal difference. These beat Liverpool and Watford by 5 and 6 respectively earlier in the season.

And they put 7 past Stoke. Man City will dish out some more wallops as the season go by. 

I'm glad we're done with them for at least another 3-4 months.

16 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

The lino down the West Stand was utterly star struck by Pep and his team. 

Bet he was lurking outside their dressing room with his autograph book after the game.

There was an incident in the second half where Vardy was putting Fernandinho under pressure. Fernandinho went down, held the ball between his legs, then stood up and the ball bounced forward onto the line by the corner flag at which point he put his arms out to stop it going out. This literally could not have been closer to the linesman without the Lino going on the pitch and he didn't give a handball.

He also seemed to have a pretty loose grip on the offside law. Very trigger happy in the second half compared to the first.

West stand Lino was awful, I thought at the time Harry's shot was deflected on to the post by a hand??

anyone got footage of that or do I have to wait till MOTD

on the whole I think we got what we deserved from the game and must admit I applauded KDB when he got subbed

it was like watching Brazil 

7 minutes ago, ttfn said:

There was an incident in the second half where Vardy was putting Fernandinho under pressure. Fernandinho went down, held the ball between his legs, then stood up and the ball bounced forward onto the line by the corner flag at which point he put his arms out to stop it going out. This literally could not have been closer to the linesman without the Lino going on the pitch and he didn't give a handball.

He also seemed to have a pretty loose grip on the offside law. Very trigger happy in the second half compared to the first.

I lost it at that point, seriously lost my shit, was going mad.

I then went back to dozing and it dawned on me 'What's the point, even if we did decide to turn up at give it a go, with these officials we'll get nothing' it was then when I was willing the 90 minutes to come as quick as possible.

It's times like that someone is soon going to go one step too far with officials, I'm not condoning it, we all make mistakes but simple things like this, blatant things :nono:

Archived