Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City Post Match Thread 0-2

2 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

For crying out loud. Even our own fans are referring to them as ‘City’. Cringe. 

Sorry mate, I do know what you mean. We've always been "Leicester" for me, maybe it's growing up down sarf :thumbup:.

Like it matters anyway. Interestingly, in L1, I simply could not hear singing from any other part of the home support - I'm sure there must have been some! I asked some guys behind me if they'd heard the Adrien Silva song, and they looked blankly at me. So I think that, acoustically, different sections get isolated.

The problem is all these high fives and hugs pre match.... makes me sick.... save that for after the game, we didn’t do hat last year and we steam rolled them, I want to see less nice and more nasty......
Most miserable comment award goes to you. ****ing hell. ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

People have such pathetically short memories. Man City are playing well but this nonsensical "its the best football i ever seen in PL" is borne out of the mouth of a 12 year old with no memory of the great Utd or Arsenal sides who swept up everything in front of them. Its all part of this trend to label anything pep touches as Gold . It's cringeable 

21 minutes ago, somebum said:

People have such pathetically short memories. Man City are playing well but this nonsensical "its the best football i ever seen in PL" is borne out of the mouth of a 12 year old with no memory of the great Utd or Arsenal sides who swept up everything in front of them. Its all part of this trend to label anything pep touches as Gold . It's cringeable 

Man City played better stuff on Saturday than Arsenal's invincibles did at our place.

Early days, sure, but the football is on another level at the minute.

People banging on in the papers that yes it should have been a red but they would probably still have won ! ...   as if that makes it alright !!     I've accepted it as a bad call and thats the end of it but pleeeez don't fvckin insult my intelligence with all this they would have won anyway sh!t ...   Stones and Kompany gone and only 10 men ...   hmmm ...   might have made a bit of a difference ...

disappointing to concede a goal just before half time, if we had managed to go in at half time nil nil it may have turned out differently! but realistically always expected us to lose while hoping we might get something but it was not meant to be!

@Bert we're visionaries, I did have a bit of a chuckle when Albrighton started in midfield.

Less so when Silva got through for the assist, might have to watch that again, Albrighton possibly should have been with him. 

Much better option in the middle of the park than King or Amartey for me though. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

@Bert we're visionaries, I did have a bit of a chuckle when Albrighton started in midfield.

Less so when Silva got through for the assist, might have to watch that again, Albrighton possibly should have been with him. 

Much better option in the middle of the park than King or Amartey for me though. 

I wouldn't be too harsh on Albrighton as it was clear that he's not used to play there.

I still find it great that Puel didn't hesitate to put him in the middle as we absolutely needed a third man in the middle and King, Amartey or Mahrez weren't a viable option against those.

A 4-2-3-1 with Silva as 10 could be an interesting option.

It's a shame that it's overshadowed by the crap refereeing call but what a pinpoint ball from Iborra hit firmly through the gap reminiscent of Drinky in the title season, just two more strides and Vardy would be onto it, Stones at least 6-8 strides away from it, he'd need a motorbike to catch him, absolute bottling it by the ref. Because it was so early? Are you allowed to score goals that early - yes, so having a scoring chance denied is as relevant as it is at any other time of the game. Was it because it's a big club, was it because it's Vardy ? Forget yellow or red, I'd prefer for there to be no challenge and we're in, probably 1-0 up, that's what the rules there for to make defenders think about the consequence, eliminate the cynical challenge and encourage more goals but we still get some people mumbling about John Stones being "there covering" and trying to water it down. 

11 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I wouldn't be too harsh on Albrighton as it was clear that he's not used to play there.

I still find great that Puel didn't hesitate to put him in the middle as we absolutely needed a third man in the middle and Kingm Amartey or Mahrez weren't a viable option against those.

A 4-2-3-1 with Silva as 10 could be an interesting option.

Oh definitely, it's quite clearly not a position he's used to defending in. 

I think he's got all the attributes to be a great box to box midfielder which is something both Bert and I have said before on here, hence the tag. 

On 18/11/2017 at 17:01, jumbo747 said:

1. We were up against a team playing the best football the I've seen in the EPL.

2. We have a new manager who has yet to find his feet.

3. We have some dead wood we have to clear out, sooner rather than later.

4. Whatever anyone says on here, the boys had a go today and that's good enough for me.

5. Losing 2-0 to the current Man City today was no shame, whether it was at home or away.

Totally agree with you 

3 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Man City played better stuff on Saturday than Arsenal's invincibles did at our place.

Early days, sure, but the football is on another level at the minute.

maybe but when Man city can go all season undefeated and dismantle top European teams 5-1 away then I might jump on board the pep revolution genius bus until then my memory goes back much earlier than that

7 minutes ago, somebum said:

maybe but when Man city can go all season undefeated and dismantle top European teams 5-1 away then I might jump on board the pep revolution genius bus until then my memory goes back much earlier than that

Absolutely- great sides win trophies, and they haven't won anything yet.

6 hours ago, Simoken said:

Most miserable comment award goes to you. ****ing hell. ?

Hardly miserable.... but watching your side play 90 minutes with their cocks up the oppositions arses isn’t what you want....and clapping De Bruyne off? Yes he’s a great player but **** me how ****ing wet.....

Hardly miserable.... but watching your side play 90 minutes with their cocks up the oppositions arses isn’t what you want....and clapping De Bruyne off? Yes he’s a great player but **** me how ****ing wet.....
Playing against a side that are being quoted as the best in Europe and pundits thinking of a unbeatable team this season.. i think you need to see the bright side of life. Just look at the shambles at West Ham and compare. You are still miserable by the way. [emoji851][emoji6]

Just now, Simoken said:

Playing against a side that are being quoted as the best in Europe and pundits thinking of a unbeatable team this season.. i think you need to see the bright side of life. Just look at the shambles at West Ham and compare. You are still miserable by the way. emoji851.pngemoji6.png

Your comment just adds further weight to my point. 

Albrighton says he was only told Friday that he was playing and what his role would be. 

So clearly the manager could not have been working on the set up until Friday. What on earth did they waste Thursday doing ??

big concern this unless Puel changed his mind based on pep’s press conference where he indicated delph and sterling may not play !!

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Albrighton says he was only told Friday that he was playing and what his role would be. 

So clearly the manager could not have been working on the set up until Friday. What on earth did they waste Thursday doing ??

big concern this unless Puel changed his mind based on pep’s press conference where he indicated delph and sterling may not play !!

Maybe they had been working on it but only told him Friday.  No worries for me Claude seems to be tactically very astute ...    that probably shone through at his interview and got him the job.   

Archived