Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City Post Match Thread 0-2

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

Iheanacho will be given the same amount of time to settle as Slim has had. Slm hasn't taken the opportunities when he has had them

The manager needs to be strong with the system and Vardy, and make changes. I am not opposed to that at all. We need a strong bond within the squad, but not at the expense of having to play out of form players. But Slim doesn't have the ability to make it in this league. But it isn't his fault we lost today. I was just pointing out he looked poor when he came on - as was Iheanacho (on the left?!?!?!).

C'mon. He lived on scraps under Ranieri and Shakey and just got his first ten minutes under Puel. I think he's off in january. 

If he lands in a team like Watford or Everton, a lot of you will regret him.

1 minute ago, spacemunky said:

Coulda/shoulda been a red.

Harry hits the post and KdB scores a worldly.

No doubt who is the better team, but it wasn't a bad performance.

......never going to get a result with 25% possession...and zero shots on target though. 

As much as I despise almost everything about Man City and Guardiola, they're as good a team as the Premier League has seen and we didn't stand much chance. Happy to get away with -2 GD but terrible bottlejob of a ref. We'll beat West Ham next week so all is good.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I thought our back  4 were pretty decent, Wes especially. Gray was anonymous, everything Mahrez tried was snuffed out with ease, Vardy poor, Iborra and N'Didi over run.

I think our FBs are outdated and need replacement and that's what's going to happen this january. Iborra and Ndidi were class when you consider the opposition and it's not like we'd have anything better. Vardy was starved, Mahrez put a good defensive shift and didn't see much of the ball and was swarmed as soo as he got the ball (failed nonetheless). 

There is nothing to regret in this game. They were head and shoulders above us. Period.

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

C'mon. He lived on scraps under Ranieri and Shakey and just got his first ten minutes under Puel. I think he's off in january. 

If he lands in a team like Watford or Everton, a lot of you will regret him.

Bored of this argument. I gave him time and was excited when he joined. But come on. If he was decent he'd be playing - he wouldn't have had scraps. And the best players, when they are given scraps, they take them and perform. Anyway, as I said, boring discussion. I won't convince you @ZeGuy!

Just now, ZeGuy said:

I think our FBs are outdated and need replacement and that's what's going to happen this january. Iborra and Ndidi were class when you consider the opposition and it's like we'd have anything better. Vardy was starved, Mahrez put a good defensive shift and didn't see much of the ball and was swarmed as soo as he got the ball (failed nonetheless). 

There is nothing to regret in this game. They were head and shoulders above us. Period.

He was fantastic today imo. Worked really hard to get the ball back, and got in some good positions at times.

Played pretty well defensively. Not much you can do against a team that is possibly the best in Europe right now. No shots on target for us, but could have easily been 1-1 just after half time, and Man City should probably have been down to 10 men. Only 2 teams have comfortably beat us this season, Man City and Man United, and we've played Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton as well. Not bad.

Fuchs looks a bit past it for me now. Was getting torn a new one every time the ball came to his side and was pretty slow at tracking his runner.

Just smash West Ham next week, ye?

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

Bored of this argument. I gave him time and was excited when he joined. But come on. If he was decent he'd be playing - he wouldn't have had scraps. And the best players, when they are given scraps, they take them and perform. Anyway, as I said, boring discussion. I won't convince you @ZeGuy!

Time will tell my friend.

8 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Where the HXXL was Kasper for the second goal.Can someone who was there explain.

Long long ball forward into the wide right back area I'm watching NBC expecting him to trot out and clear it watching the screen shot and nowhere to be seen?

Exactly, the Man City goalie was great at coming out against Vardy, but Kasper just stood there like a statue.Too slow in the thought department.

Limp and half arsed second half.

I haven't seen as much of Man City as other people - but today they weren't that special. I don't accept this apathetic attitude where we should just expect to lose. If they were unbelievable then fair enough, but they weren't.

Their work rate is very good and they defended well, but they didn't excite me at all.

We never really gave it a go today which is disappointing. The lack of changes in the 55-70 minute period was annoying.

The 2nd goal was brilliant but the 1st was very soft. 

No shots on target, don't really remember any chances. Vardy was through first half and maybe Komp should've gone, you can't bank on that and there was still 80mins left. We were still in it up until Stones went off and they jiggled their formation and attacking/possession strategy, first goal was class but a couple switched off after getting bombarded. Second half we come out well, Vardy gets put through and Ederson dashed out and cut it out and then Maguire misses and they smash it up, Kasper stays at home when he should've done what Ederson did, De Bruyne finds space and that was the show over on 50mins.

They weren't at their best, we lacked our potency and confidence. Albrighton through the middle didn't work. Finished up with

---------------Slim

Nacho ---- Shinji ------ Vardy

--------------------------- Gray

-------------- Wilf

Can't complain really with ManC Champions elect. Just find a way to bounce back soon

Sometimes you just have to concede that the opposition are on another level. 

Kept thinking that we would be able to get at their centre halves, but not much you can do when you don't see the ball, spend the afternoon chasing them around and don't have the quality to beat their press.

Puels substitutions baffled me. Throw 4 strikers on, play Iheanacho left wing and Shinji centre mid? Got the impression he had no idea how to get any control in the game at all.

Ndidi our MOTM by miles.

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

Limp and half arsed second half.

I haven't seen as much of Man City as other people - but today they weren't that special. I don't accept this apathetic attitude where we should just expect to lose. If they were unbelievable then fair enough, but they weren't.

Their work rate is very good and they defended well, but they didn't excite me at all.

We never really gave it a go today which is disappointing. The lack of changes in the 55-70 minute period was annoying.

The 2nd goal was brilliant but the 1st was very soft. 

So the two brilliant goals weren’t through brilliant football... they were great today and the fact they can defend is a problem for the rest of the league 

I haven't seen as much of Man City as other people - but today they weren't that special

Sometimes you just have to read something a few times for the word "really ?" to be  uttered quietly under ones breath. Man City are the best premier league team I have ever seen and will walk the league.

Archived