Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City Post Match Thread 0-2

1 minute ago, Turbogre said:

No disgrace really.

Best team I've ever seen live down the king power 

Great team ! Movement... control .... one touch ... dribbling ... They really do have it all ... it's theirs to lose this season I can't see anyone keeping up with them.

1 hour ago, rn9013 said:

I could be wrong, but weren’t the rules changed last year regarding red cards for last men. It’s no longer a red simply for being the last man, just a yellow. 

Im not sure on the precise rule though. 

Wasn't it changed so that it's not a red if last man but proper attempt at winning the ball is made? Think Kompany was far enough late for the to not be classed as a ball winning attempt. Red for me.

50 minutes ago, Premblue said:

I was with you right up to the last point. Fuchs is the best full back city have had for the last 40 years ... unless you know a better one ? And don't give me Chilwell! Poor defensive positioning and shown up many times ! McGuire does need to be careful what he reads and not fall in to the trap of believing all he reads ... Beckenbaur he isn't despite what Peter crouch and others might think. 

Fuchs legs have gone. 

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Unfortunately it seems so were out team and judging on replies most of our fan base.

They are barca lite. Pass for passings sake and we stood and admired it.

No way Lennon, Walsh, taggart etc would have let that lie. Even vardy had given up to today. Dickov would have left a few more studs in.

Sorry, this is very misty-eyed. You must've forgotten the thumpings by Arsenal (4-0, 5-0, 6-1), the 6-2, 3-0 and 4-1 defeats against Man United which those players were involved in.

Having watched the game earlier and again on MOTD,  yes it probably should of been a red card but they were basically just way too good .  As others have said they have beaten better teams then us by much bigger margins and being much more comfortable. Yes we had no shots on target and hardly touched the ball but I’d be interested to see what the stats were for the other teams they have thumped this  year  

Fine margins and not disgraced City down to 10 men for around 90 mins would also have had a major impact, Kompany knew exactly what he was doing and made no attempt to play the ball whatsoever just took the man. They have spent more on their fullbacks than our starting team cost

29 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

At least we were not humiliated.  Puel probably knows now exactly what needs changing.

Move on.

Like Shearer said, it was our beating of them last season that let them know what they needed to do, now they do it better than we can :P

different take on the game, i thought we where very poor with the ball and we still have huge lapse in defense. i have said this on here before and i while stick my neck out again , two players who should not be in this team are SIMPSON he is the worst defender going and offers nothing in attack, both goals came down his side and he was rooted to the spot for both.the other player is GRAY he showed no ticker today in attack and if u watch the game again his defense was shit, was walking most of the time getting back. and our great hope mahrez well he really needs just to put his head down and have a real go, sick of him just giving up the ball when if he fought a little harder he could keep the ball, still very lay see. i know some on here will blow up but thats may take on things.

Ultimately we saw an embarrassment of riches. A squad built with unlimited budget using the best scouts, managed by the best manager using the best training facilities. When a team can take off de Bruyne and then bring on a player of equal class like gundongan it says it all. They were helped by the referee definitely  but they were also helped by way too many LCFC players not playing up to the standard they could. That was the biggest disappointment for me.

Even with 10 men I think they would've seen us off. 

The space their players create for themselves is incredible to watch, in particular De Bruyne.

They will win the league with about 6/7 games to spare as I honestly can't see anyone catching them. 

I hope Puel never plays Albrighton in a central role again. He was completely lost. 

Fuchs legs look like they've gone. 

It was always going to be near impossible to get anything from yesterday's game so I'm just relieved it was only 2-0.

21 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Ultimately we saw an embarrassment of riches. A squad built with unlimited budget using the best scouts, managed by the best manager using the best training facilities. When a team can take off de Bruyne and then bring on a player of equal class like gundongan it says it all. They were helped by the referee definitely  but they were also helped by way too many LCFC players not playing up to the standard they could. That was the biggest disappointment for me.

Watch the game once again and take a chill pill. There was just no way we could put up an even fight with this lot. Sometimes you just have to admit that the team that beat you was simply better.

5 hours ago, phildw said:

Appreciate blue tinted specs see the Kompany challenge as Red but having seen it on tv it was a yellow. Stones covering round means ref can’t give a red for that. 

Stones would of made up the ground if Andy Carrol was running onto it rather than Vards who is clearly one of the quickest strikers in the league! The referee bottled it! If it was the 70th min he would of shown a red! I asked the referees assessor what he thought at half time & even he said it was a definite red! I also asked what the punishment would be for the ref after making such an obvious error. "His inexperience & the fact a high profile player & team was involved probably had an influence on the decision so he'll be told to learn from his mistake & to be stronger in his decision making" was the response!!

Fair enough refs are only human & can make mistakes but It's laughable that a sport with so much money involved and so much at stake that video technology isn't used to help them.

10 hours ago, sm1 said:

I didn't believe the hype surrounding Pep when he came to Man City because he inherited 2 great teams at Barca & Bayern, but the metamorphosis of City from last season is unbelievable. They truely are an outstanding team. 

So you believe the hype? May sound small of me, but FFS, he's been gifted £400 million+ to spend on players, I think a lot of coaches could manage to wreck the EPL with that sort of largesse.

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Stones would of made up the ground if Andy Carrol was running onto it rather than Vards who is clearly one of the quickest strikers in the league! The referee bottled it! If it was the 70th min he would of shown a red! I asked the referees assessor what he thought at half time & even he said it was a definite red! I also asked what the punishment would be for the ref after making such an obvious error. "His inexperience & the fact a high profile player & team was involved probably had an influence on the decision so he'll be told to learn from his mistake & to be stronger in his decision making" was the response!!

Fair enough refs are only human & can make mistakes but It's laughable that a sport with so much money involved and so much at stake that video technology isn't used to help them.

I think the ref knew exactly where everyone was but his interpretation might be different to yours so technology wouldn't make a difference here.

In my opinion it wasn't a red even though it's 99% certain Vardy would have been 1 on 1 with the keeper. Stones is close enough for the ref to only give a yellow. Slightly unlucky as on another day Kompany would have seen red

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Who is their Director of Football?  Shiek Speer?

Ref was a bit sh*t. Thought they were dirty fouling gits when we tried to counter. Better in front of goal than us - because they won. Fans were a bit flat. Nice to see the cambi at half time. Some of our fans applauding kevin bloody de broomer as he went off need lining up. Honestly, you were embarrassing. Having 4 strikers on was pretty cool though.

Up the foxes  

Archived