Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City Post Match Thread 0-2

4 minutes ago, reynard said:

don't know what Puel was trying to achieve but it failed. The formation didn't work and we simply pretty much gave up as far as I'm concerned. Having to use Albrighton as a central midfielder further exposes the dredful summer recruitment. Simpson was run ragged all afternoon, Gray was almost totally anonymous and IMO didn't put in much effort, Mahrez innefectual, Vardy totally isolated. Albrighton looked lost. Iborra was decent and Ndidi did at least try.

I know they are very good but really 0 shots on target and 25% possession at home isn't good enough.

We had less possession last season though we did manage more shots on target !

surely if he was that negative he would have just picked kingy

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

We had less possession last season though we did manage more shots on target !

surely if he was that negative he would have just picked kingy

Not sure I said he was negative. What I will say is that whatever he tried today didn't work. Also I thought we largely gave up when their second goal went in. It isn't the result that disappoints me but the manner in which we played. They also looked a lot fitter than we did.

Actually pleased with our performance ...    Another formation from Claude and again it looked good ..   That man is impressing me more and more  ..   Not afraid to experiment and try new things.    One of those games when we needed a slice of luck ...   But we didn't get it.    MC are THE team at the moment and looked very impressive ..   Definitely favourites for the title.  My glass is defo half full ...    And great to see Esteban again !!   

10 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

I missed the game, listened to some of the commentary, Albrighton in the middle, wtf was that all about? Sounds to me like Puel is the new tinkerman. Then started to listen to his post match interview on Radio Leic, was driving, after 2 mins couldn’t stand it any more he was sending me to sleep.

Presume Albrighton chosen for his work rate but not his best position at all - listening to Puel afterwards he seemed encouraged by it not really sure why.Would loved to see us have a real go in the first half hour with Vardy and Okazaki. Maybe we would have lost 2-4 rather than 0-2 but didn't think Man City were brilliant at the back.Substitutions were way too late  IMO we needed Okazaki or even Chilwell who are comfortable with the ball  and can change a game. 

4 minutes ago, dayday said:

Very Painful to watch that, Simpson’s worst game in a Leicester shirt, Gray invisible, Vardy to isolated , passing was woeful, won hardly any second balls and some people think we did alright, geez I must of watched a different game.

Specsavers ...    :)

I don't think we were that bad. I don't think they looked an unbeatable force. Before everyone jumps at me I think they're a great team and De bruyne is magnificent to watch at times. If kompany walks (as he should) its a different game. If he doesn't take Vardy out it's 1-0 and a different game. Personally thought we played well. Just didn't get much luck. 

They were too good for us, but one man stood out in their team De Bruyne was immense. He even got a warm round of applause from the home fans when substituted.

Ok, the referee did seem to bottle it on Kompany and maguire should have scored, it seemed harder to miss; but aside from that, it's been years since an away side has made us look so ineffective. 

Man City have the perfect balance at the moment, the best defensive and midfield players in the league giving their forward line / wide players so much time and space. 

They are seriously good. No ones beating them today, even if they weren't at their very best, especially with some pretty poor officials. 

Ndidi is class. 

Fuchs looks to be fading. 

Simpson can't pass. 

Maguire still isn't quite Lionel Messi. Sorry Harry. 

Gray lucky to last the 90. 

We have too many good strikers (not that you'd know it from today) to only play one. 

Sometimes you just get outclassed, today was that day. Yes Kompany probably should have walked and the game would have been different if he did but after the first 30 mins they were as good a team as I can remember seeing in the premier league. 

12 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

They were too good for us, but one man stood out in their team De Bruyne was immense. He even got a warm round of applause from the home fans when substituted.

He deserved it! Player of the year right there. Him and Silva is reminiscent of Xavi / Iniesta. They just run the game for the full 90 and you can’t get the ball off them. 

His finish was world class. No one was saving that. 

Some of the over reactions in here, good lord. Just lost 2-0 to arguably one of the best sides in the premier league era and people are chastising the gaffer after three games. They've racked up cricket scores this season against better sides than us.

I genuinely don't think we're far off top 7/8, this division is dross by and large. People are acting as if we're relegated following that, proper norrises.

2 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Iheanacho will be given the same amount of time to settle as Slim has had. Slm hasn't taken the opportunities when he has had them. 

The manager needs to be strong with the system and Vardy, and make changes. I am not opposed to that at all. We need a strong bond within the squad, but not at the expense of having to play out of form players. But Slim doesn't have the ability to make it in this league. But it isn't his fault we lost today. I was just pointing out he looked poor when he came on - as was Iheanacho (on the left?!?!?!).

Slim has the best goal to minute ratio at the club doesn't He? 

Archived