Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City Post Match Thread 0-2

3 hours ago, FIF said:

I'm amazed at the negativity of some people on this forum and as for those who said the game was boring then I suggest you follow another sport as quite clearly you are only interested in goals and not football. I found it a great game to watch. Man City are an incredible attacking team with a solid base. They are probably the best team in the world just now and if they were allowed to enter the world cup they'd beat Brazil and Germany and probably win it.

I found the last 30 minutes boring. Then again, I'm a Leicester City fan, not a football fan, and I don't enjoy watching my team getting beaten by anybody.

It's the way I've always been and I hope that I will never change.

I don't need to follow another sport, cheers :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

If my maths is correct, our starting eleven yesterday cost the same as John Stones. Some unrealistic people on this forum, City are bloody good. Plenty of respect in our effort yesterday.

Please don't refer to them as 'City'. It gets so confusing.

We were beaten by a better team, simple as that. They're probably the best side I've seen at this ground, some of the football was sublime. Every cross-field pass landed right on the boot of the recipient, and they're so well drilled- their positioning, movement and passing is almost telepathic. It's going to take something ridiculous to stop them winning it.

I don't think we played particularly badly- we kept our shape well and restricted them to very little until right before half time. On another day, Kompany gets sent off or Maguire's shot goes in and who knows what the result could have been? 

Ndidi was our standout performer in my eyes, did a fantastic job of restricting their play through the middle alongside Iborra and forcing them wide. 

De Bruyne was just outstanding- probably already been asked/mentioned somewhere in this thread, but can anyone remember the last time an opposition player (and not a former Leicester player) was applauded off like that? 

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but on a separate note, I was shocked by how shite Man City's away support was. Our fans weren't much better but the Man City fans sang for about 2 minutes after the scored and then for another 2 minutes after their second....and that was it. Pretty poor effort considering their position and made for a very flat atmosphere yesterday.

11 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Did anybody else see there player pick the ball up for a foul but it wasn’t but we never got the free kick either for handball the officials were really poor yesterday! 

There was quite a few little things that should have been picked up too

Numerous times the ball was still rolling for free kicks and goal kicks

Also a few times their players were in the 18 yard box when the goal kick was passed to them 

Very poor officiating indeed 

edit: Lino in front of the west stand was shite also

17 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

We were beaten by a better team, simple as that. They're probably the best side I've seen at this ground, some of the football was sublime. Every cross-field pass landed right on the boot of the recipient, and they're so well drilled- their positioning, movement and passing is almost telepathic. It's going to take something ridiculous to stop them winning it.

I don't think we played particularly badly- we kept our shape well and restricted them to very little until right before half time. On another day, Kompany gets sent off or Maguire's shot goes in and who knows what the result could have been? 

Ndidi was our standout performer in my eyes, did a fantastic job of restricting their play through the middle alongside Iborra and forcing them wide. 

De Bruyne was just outstanding- probably already been asked/mentioned somewhere in this thread, but can anyone remember the last time an opposition player (and not a former Leicester player) was applauded off like that? 

This. 

We were outplayed, but didn’t play badly at all. 

The first half the tactics were perfect in terms of closing down their options to pass out from the back. I suspect with Shakey we would have been defending our 18 yard line rather than defending from the front.

The officiating was appalling; it cannot possibly unnoticed any

longer that there is a favourable bias towards ‘bigger teams’.

Even aside from the Kompany yellow card debacle, there was a knee high lunge on Albrighton during the second half; a free awarded not even a yellow given.

3 hours ago, David Hankey said:

There is no doubt about the class and football skills of the Premier League leaders but dear oh dear what an appalling decision the ref made in the 2nd minute. It may not have altered the course of the game but for Kompany not to have been shown a red card is not only inexplicable but a downright disgrace. It was an atrocious tackle and deserve a red card all day long.

Folk say it was too early in the game but my argument is if the same tackle had been committed in 32nd, 42nd, 52nd or 72nd minute Kompany would whave walked, what is the difference? If a tackle is deemed bad enough to warrant a red card it matters not a jot when in the game it is committed, it's still a red card!!

I know people are talking about the Ref bottling what was a clear sending off because it was so early in the game, but i don`t think he bottled it, i think it was big club favouritism that some referees seem to have, i think if that`s down the other end, and it was Morgan on Jesus, the ref sends him off.

It may have impacted on the game in a big way too.

The sending off of Kompany, i`m guessing, would probably have meant them sacrificing one of their other more offensive minded players to bring on Mangala, then with Stones going off a bit later too, and with no other recognised centre half left on the bench, it would have been even more of a reshuffle, and would have given us every chance of beating them.

Thought we did alright in the first 20/25 mins. 

Manchester City always looked dangerous though and you could tell it was just going to be a matter of time before they scored. 

We don't need to beat ourselves up too much, they are an excellent team and the likely champions. 

I was, however, disappointed with two things in particular. 

Firstly, conceding as we did so close to half-time...I think there was an element of taking our eye of the ball there. 

Secondly, Puel's substations didn't seem to make much sense and were made far too late. 

We do look better though than under last days of Shakespeare though, although I do worry if that would be the same if we lost Iborra though injury. 

We move on they are a top, top side arguably the best in Europe at the moment and had a couple of things go in their favour. Kompany should have gone he made no attempt whatsoever to win the ball just wiped the man out to stop him getting to it and the Ref bottled it. That would have had a major impact on the game and Pep would have had a decision to make if not then certainly when Stones went off. also if Maguire scores at 1-1 you have a different game. As for the Simpson criticism you think Walker did not cost 25 x what we paid for him. IMHO a decent performance against a side that has the league to lose a class above anybody else

20 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Man. City are a good team, these constant eulogies are premature and certainly a backward step in respect of PL teams as you are beaten before you get on the pitch. 

Pep was never going to change his style and we set up to counteract them. I bet you the players are livid with that performance, we never gave ourselves a chance!

I can see there could well be dissolution within the ranks regarding the thoughts behind out set up today.

Puel seems to have this negativity in him, which has manifested itself in all three games he has managed and if anything he should have realised we are not a good team when we sit off teams. 

I think it will be watch this space, as Puel tenure could very soon be called into question.

No, this is not an overreaction, just an observation!!

What a load of bullcrap.

20 hours ago, Koke said:

And they put 7 past Stoke. Man City will dish out some more wallops as the season go by. 

I'm glad we're done with them for at least another 3-4 months.

I'm fairly certain we will give them a run for their money the next time. By then Puel will have settled, Silva too and hopefully a new RB will have made his way. A 4-5-1 with Silva instead of Albrighton and an attacking FB and the game looks a whole lot different.

Having a blast reading the posts about how we respected them too much and how MCFC weren't that great, some already calling for Puel's head (lol).  You have to be either completely deluded to think you can beat that team by running more (as if) or truly can't appreciate what Guardiola is achieving with this team. 

14 hours ago, vanity said:

So you believe the hype? May sound small of me, but FFS, he's been gifted £400 million+ to spend on players, I think a lot of coaches could manage to wreck the EPL with that sort of largesse.

Pretty much all Man City managers since the Etihad takeover have had unlimited budgets, (as do most who manage the biggest teams) but non have been able to play with the panache that this team has. On top of which his coaching of other players like Sterling has been great. I'll reserve judgement until Pep wins something, but i can see now why all the hype exists.

6 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but on a separate note, I was shocked by how shite Man City's away support was. Our fans weren't much better but the Man City fans sang for about 2 minutes after the scored and then for another 2 minutes after their second....and that was it. Pretty poor effort considering their position and made for a very flat atmosphere yesterday.

When do you go for your hearing aid? Their fans did not stop singing throughout the game. Especially during the 2nd half you name their song and they probably sang it. 

I am genuinely looking forward to seeing Man City take it to the Madrid’s etc, I’m absolutely confident they’ll be England’s flagship team in Europe for some time to come. (I’ll support any English team in the UCL) 

Quite frankly I’m glad of it, it’s been humiliating watching english clubs (beside us) get mullered by the Europeans.

Just now, SheppyFox said:

I am genuinely looking forward to seeing Man City take it to the Madrid’s etc, I’m absolutely confident they’ll be England’s flagship team in Europe for some time to come. (I’ll support any English team in the UCL) 

Quite frankly I’m glad of it, it’s been humiliating watching english clubs (beside us) get mullered by the Europeans.

CUZ WE'RE THE LESTAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chant:

6 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I had to watch on a stream from Malta, and all I could hear was them. Hopefully it was better within the ground. 

4 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Hold hard there Shep (down boy ! down !!)  ...     I'm not so sure.      If lil ol lesta didn't actually get mullered, and, with a half decent ref,  could have slightly embarrassed them ...    Then I'm not so sure they will master Europe quite as easily as you think.    Tbh if some other team really gets in their face who knows how they will react (they haven't really been tested yet)...        Just a thought.

They will win the Prem though, cus Chelsea and Manure ain't up for it ...    Arse are too far behind ...    and Spuds will be the eternal bottlers ...    :)

7 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

If my maths is correct, our starting eleven yesterday cost the same as John Stones. Some unrealistic people on this forum, City are bloody good. Plenty of respect in our effort yesterday.

For crying out loud. Even our own fans are referring to them as ‘City’. Cringe. 

Archived