Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City Post Match Thread 0-2

They were better than us in every department and will be worthy champions. Sure they’ve brought there way there but are much better to watch than United. 

Sad as to see us so far away from them but money talks. The second goal summed it up. We hit the post then they go down the other end and hit a worldly. That’s your difference in quality right there. We weren’t bad at all but just couldn’t live with them. 

My only criticism is that our last resort is putting all of our strikers on but not creating any chances for them! We have too many strikers in the squad which I think will be addressed in January. 

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

They were better than us in every department and will be worthy champions. Sure they’ve brought there way there but are much better to watch than United. 

Sad as to see us so far away from them but money talks. The second goal summed it up. We hit the post then they go down the other end and hit a worldly. That’s your difference in quality right there. We weren’t bad at all but just couldn’t live with them. 

My only criticism is that our last resort is putting all of our strikers on but not creating any chances for them! We have too many strikers in the squad which I think will be addressed in January. 

Totally agree, but at least we tried something other than to sit back and defend the loss. 

It's too early to say whether this Manchester City side are one of the best in the EPL's history. We're not even a third of the way through the campaign and they have plenty of guys among their ranks who have stumbled in recent years as the season progressed. They've gone through an exceptional patch of form, look fantastic, but they'll have to sustain it for a lot longer.

Plenty of other sides have excelled over a quarter of a season every bit as much as Man City without winning anything, so I'm not sure we should be shrugging and saying 'you don't stand a chance against them lot'. They will drop points, cracks will emerge and Shakespeare learnt that you can't dismiss games against the top teams as 'bonus matches'. We haven't earned a point off any of the top sides yet and if you want to finish in the top half that will have to chance. As for today, I thought Man City only came out of first gear in fits and starts, especially second half. They were comfortably on top, thoroughly deserved their win - and yet benefitted from an especially negative home side which never truly competed, and never caused them a headache.

It always disappoints me to hear fans saying 'oh well, they're too good for us.' Clearly that's true, but we failed to give a top side a serious work out today, and I think if you're the penultimate champions of the league, playing at home, you have to be a little annoyed not to have given a side cause for concern. 25% possession, two shots, zero on target testifies to that. I was disappointed to see the huge grins on our players after being so totally outclassed, because it seemed to suggest that they were helpless in the face of Man City's brilliance, which isn't a mentality which has prevailed at Leicester over the past few years.

Could of been a lot worse if it wasn't for them taking their foot off the gas. They are the best side, without a doubt, in this league.

As for us I have no idea why Albrighton played in a attacking central position, also bring Nacho wide left. I know we needed to bring on attacking options but that was bizarre.

Man City weren’t as good as many make out on here, we defended really well first half but fell asleep in midfield the last min giving Sterling all the time in the world, other than that they had one shot kasper had to save...

Second half we hit the post and they counter, which is what they looked best doing, and scored a long shot which 70% of the time would miss... what I saw after was disgusting, we didn’t try closing thm down and our pressing was half hearted, full backs and center backs didn’t get tight and they were allowed to turn and pick a pass every time. Puel just admitted post match he didn’t want the team to lose by more. Boring as **** game even the Man City fans sound bored frequently.

i get they’re better than us but we showed them way way too much respect and they didn’t do anything too amazing I don’t think. We didn’t work them at all and I’ll be surprised if they get a easier game all season!

Outclassed. But Kompany should of been sent off in the 2nd minute.

I have to question the wisdom of having 4 strikers on the pitch at the end. We couldn't get near the ball, to get into the game and actually have the ball it may of been better to have brought on midfielder to gain a foothold in the game.

5 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Man City weren’t as good as many make out on here, we defended really well first half but fell asleep in midfield the last min giving Sterling all the time in the world, other than that they had one shot kasper had to save...

Second half we hit the post and they counter, which is what they looked best doing, and scored a long shot which 70% of the time would miss... what I saw after was disgusting, we didn’t try closing thm down and our pressing was half hearted, full backs and center backs didn’t get tight and they were allowed to turn and pick a pass every time. Puel just admitted post match he didn’t want the team to lose by more. Boring as **** game even the Man City fans sound bored frequently.

i get they’re better than us but we showed them way way too much respect and they didn’t do anything too amazing I don’t think. We didn’t work them at all and I’ll be surprised if they get a easier game all season!

Then why bring Okazaki on for Iborra ??

i assume his English isn’t quite what it could be 

I’m pretty sure they will get many easier games

11 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I’ll be surprised if they get a easier game all season!

Man City 5-0 Liverpool

Watford 0-6 Man City

Napoli 2-4 Man City

Man City 5-0 Crystal Palace

Man City 3-1 Arsenal

Man City 7-2 Stoke

There are legitimate comments about us not giving them enough of a threat but I don't think enough people respect who we've just played. They're a genuine world class side. A level above Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool for me. They're nearer Barcelona, Bayern etc... level.

Man. City are a good team, these constant eulogies are premature and certainly a backward step in respect of PL teams as you are beaten before you get on the pitch. 

Pep was never going to change his style and we set up to counteract them. I bet you the players are livid with that performance, we never gave ourselves a chance!

I can see there could well be dissolution within the ranks regarding the thoughts behind out set up today.

Puel seems to have this negativity in him, which has manifested itself in all three games he has managed and if anything he should have realised we are not a good team when we sit off teams. 

I think it will be watch this space, as Puel tenure could very soon be called into question.

No, this is not an overreaction, just an observation!!

Pretty frustrated in all honesty. I felt we lacked some aggression today and it was more of an audience with “Man City”. Appreciate they’re possibly the best side in the league at present, but roll the red carpet out for them and they will punish you. I thought we did okay, I don’t think they outclassed us and I think that they had to work hard for their goals. At the same time I’m slightly disappointed because I feel bad we been a bit more aggressive and had a bit more belief we could have snatched something.

They will probably win the league so we just have to forget about it and take advantage of a mismatched West Ham.

Let's get the praise out of the way first. Man City are a very good side with some very good players. However, they just won a match without even having to try. They didn't even get out of first gear and spent most of the match strolling around under no pressure whatsoever. Doubt any of them would need to use the shower after the match.

We may as well have not played a striker as after 5 minutes we didn't even try to pass the ball to him. I don't know what Puel was trying to achieve but it failed. The formation didn't work and we simply pretty much gave up as far as I'm concerned. Having to use Albrighton as a central midfielder further exposes the dredful summer recruitment. Simpson was run ragged all afternoon, Gray was almost totally anonymous and IMO didn't put in much effort, Mahrez innefectual, Vardy totally isolated. Albrighton looked lost. Iborra was decent and Ndidi did at least try.

I know they are very good but really 0 shots on target and 25% possession at home isn't good enough.

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

I missed the game, listened to some of the commentary, Albrighton in the middle, wtf was that all about? Sounds to me like Puel is the new tinkerman. Then started to listen to his post match interview on Radio Leic, was driving, after 2 mins couldn’t stand it any more he was sending me to sleep.

Couldnt care less if he was boring or sounded like wayne rooney as long as we win games and finish up the table.

Archived