Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City Post Match Thread 0-2

1 minute ago, phildw said:

Appreciate blue tinted specs see the Kompany challenge as Red but having seen it on tv it was a yellow. Stones covering and the keeper would have got to it before Vards as well. 

There is a link above which really doesn't leave any room for interpretation. No way is anybody other than Vardy getting to that ball first.

32 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

The lino down the West Stand was utterly star struck by Pep and his team. 

Bet he was lurking outside their dressing room with his autograph book after the game.

Unfortunately it seems so were out team and judging on replies most of our fan base.

They are barca lite. Pass for passings sake and we stood and admired it.

No way Lennon, Walsh, taggart etc would have let that lie. Even vardy had given up to today. Dickov would have left a few more studs in.

The fact we have fans creaming themselves over it. Says everything about what out club has become.

We took the piss out of them last year and when winning the league.

Why have we rolled over today. Lack.of desire.

They were no better than Chelsea last season at our place or utd when RVN mugged us of at the KP.

Anyone looking would think we had juat faced world beaters. Not having it. 

13 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Unfortunately it seems so were out team and judging on replies most of our fan base.

They are barca lite. Pass for passings sake and we stood and admired it.

No way Lennon, Walsh, taggart etc would have let that lie. Even vardy had given up to today. Dickov would have left a few more studs in.

The fact we have fans creaming themselves over it. Says everything about what out club has become.

We took the piss out of them last year and when winning the league.

Why have we rolled over today. Lack.of desire.

They were no better than Chelsea last season at our place or utd when RVN mugged us of at the KP.

Anyone looking would think we had juat faced world beaters. Not having it. 

I hope this is a wind up. The speed that they attacked with was something I've never seen before in the flesh as was the accuracy and intricacy of their passing. With every pass they were three passes ahead of us in their vision of the game. We actually played well today.

6 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Scary to think that Maguire could play in the World Cup.gets worse every game

I'd love to see Dragovic given a go in the PL. Wes was heroic today once again.

If anyone thinks that wasn't a red. Please can I have whatever you've been smoking? Vardy was through on goal only to be chopped down. Stones wasn't covering. Vardy was already nearly past him. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

So we should have just had a shot from thirty yards and every free kick so you couldn’t make this post ????

We used 6 forward thinking players today. 5 were on the pitch at once. 

Incredible that anyone can say this is ok 

its not. To compound matters even more, between the 14 players that were used we had 2 shots on target. 

Man City fan in peace. 

Some really great comments about our team today and I appreciate it, we were very comfortable if not at our sparkling best but we were lucky with the Vinny red card. It’s debatable that’s for sure, I’d be going ape sh1t if that was against us and wasn’t a red even though Vardy hadn’t actually taken a touch and had plenty to do. 

Now one that we’ve played you guys I hope Kelechi comes good, the lad is cool as ice in front of goal but needs to work on his all round game. He’ll score goals for fun if you give him the service, he always seemed really down to earth and a willing team player with us. 

Not too sure what some people expect, tbh. 

Man City can embarrass anyone, and they didn't embarrass us. Deserved to beat us, and I don't have a massive problem with that. 

We did ok - we didn't stand and admire them as some suggest. 

Fair result - move on

9 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

We used 6 forward thinking players today. 5 were on the pitch at once. 

Incredible that anyone can say this is ok 

its not. To compound matters even more, between the 14 players that were used we had 2 shots on target. 

Think you'll find we had 2 shots all game and none were on target. 

I agree with the rest though, you never score more goals by putting more strikers on, I think we have a duff manager.

Later in the game the ref would have given red.Stones on the inside of Vardy maybe but not where he was on the outside  hes never in touch.

Vardy bothers me at present -nothing seems to stick to him and nothing going right.

We'll end up about 12th but none of us will be really happy with that.

Thoroughly outclassed by a brilliantly constructed and brilliantly coached team in white hot form. I rather optimistically predicted a draw but once the ref showed Kompany yellow not red, we never stood a chance. All things considered, a respectable result. Our goal difference is still decent and we didn't drop down any places in the table. I certainly don't feel as bad as I normally do after a defeat.

No complaints today. They were unbelievable. Unstoppable. 

Yeah, maybe Kompany should have been sent off and maybe their first goal was offside - waiting to review these issues on MOTD - but they were completely class. Surely they'll win the league.

Basically this:

A shame that our best chance never really happened, if Vardy was through and in one-on-one you never know. After that they took control and, although we gave everything, just didn't have the quality or the guile to get at them and they were lightning on the break.

It was a fair result, though frustrating we couldn't really create and even more so that we conceded just before half-time and then from a counter-attack after hitting a post.

Still think we've got enough to have a decent season.

4 hours ago, Bert said:

They were just too good, how they make so much space, their passing, movement. Unreal, they'll win the league and they'll go far in the champions league too. Their pace is frightening out wide, De Bruyne and Silva are phenomenal and Fernandinho is ridiculously under rated. 

If the ref doesn't bottle the most blatant red card of the season it's a different game. Time for Fuchs and Maguire to spend some time on the bench. 

I was with you right up to the last point. Fuchs is the best full back city have had for the last 40 years ... unless you know a better one ? And don't give me Chilwell! Poor defensive positioning and shown up many times ! McGuire does need to be careful what he reads and not fall in to the trap of believing all he reads ... Beckenbaur he isn't despite what Peter crouch and others might think. 

So so disappointed, the 2nd minute Vardy through on goal , cynical foul, bad for leicester, but shows ManC want to win at all costs.

Their 2nd goal DEBRYNE 40 yard pass, should have been challenged by gray, who gave up, instead of clattering into the back of debrynee, and allowed debryne to run accosted and get on the end of a cross, and score unchalleged.

They just wanted it more than us.

Archived