Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City Post Match Thread 0-2

6 hours ago, bpfox said:

different take on the game, i thought we where very poor with the ball and we still have huge lapse in defense. i have said this on here before and i while stick my neck out again , two players who should not be in this team are SIMPSON he is the worst defender going and offers nothing in attack, both goals came down his side and he was rooted to the spot for both.the other player is GRAY he showed no ticker today in attack and if u watch the game again his defense was shit, was walking most of the time getting back. and our great hope mahrez well he really needs just to put his head down and have a real go, sick of him just giving up the ball when if he fought a little harder he could keep the ball, still very lay see. i know some on here will blow up but thats may take on things.

I agree with you that Simpson and Gray were poor today, but to be fair to Simpson he has been pretty solid for us.

2 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Ref was a bit sh*t. Thought they were dirty fouling gits when we tried to counter. Better in front of goal than us - because they won. Fans were a bit flat. Nice to see the cambi at half time. Some of our fans applauding kevin bloody de broomer as he went off need lining up. Honestly, you were embarrassing. Having 4 strikers on was pretty cool though.

Up the foxes  

I paid for my seat and I'll do what I like when the game is over (which it was)

interestingly my my son wouldn't clap him. mind you, he doesn't pay for his seat ..............

We lacked a few things yesterday, imagination, creativity and we wanted it less than them. Every time there was a 50-50 they got the ball first. The hunger they showed even when 2-0 up was amazing. We gave them too much respect and got scared. They are by far the best team in the league at the moment and there is no shame in loosing to a quality team like that, bit I thought we just rolled over a bit too easy. Mahrez played some brilliant football but then equally lost the ball too easily. Gray had a mediocre game. Simpson was poor and that's the first time I've said that in a long time! He stayed too far from Sane everytime and they had a lot of space down their left. Fuchs again was poor for me. Chilly would have been a better choice. Vardy.... Well it's hard to judge as he didn't really get much service. 

Ibbora and Ndidi did OK but just lacked that imagination. Schmeichels distribution is very worrying. He needs to work on that if he ever wants to go to a big club. Now it pains me to say this but Albrighton has had his day with us. He was shocking and should have been subbed a lot earlier. Quite sad really. Ah well onwards and upwards. (I chose not too comment on Inneacho as it was quite obvious to every man and his dog how crap he was) 

They're a far better side than us and probably the rest of the division.

If Kompany had walked, we would have had a chance, If Maguire had scored,  they would have just stepped it up I think. 

Our tactic of pressing their back four wasn't working they just swatted us away like an annoying fly.

The back four were under considerable pressure all game although I felt Morgan and Maguire did nothing wrong.

Simpson frustrates me as he always allows the winger to get into the box before trying to make a challenge, leaves himself open to giving away a soft penalty.

Fuchs I agree his legs have gone and I expect a new right and left back in the winter window.

3 hours ago, North East Fox said:

I think the ref knew exactly where everyone was but his interpretation might be different to yours so technology wouldn't make a difference here.

In my opinion it wasn't a red even though it's 99% certain Vardy would have been 1 on 1 with the keeper. Stones is close enough for the ref to only give a yellow. Slightly unlucky as on another day Kompany would have seen red

His interpretation was different to everyone in the ground & everyone that's seen the replay after! If a player is "99% certain" to go one on one with a keeper it's a clear goal scoring opportunity so he should of seen red! 

He was a rabbit in headlights & because it was so early in the game he crumbled under the pressure and bottled the decision. If the same thing had happened in the 70th minute he would of got his red card out! 

A bit of hypocrisy from lots of people on here. They all admit Man City are brilliant but then go on to describe our players as poor for not matching them. 

Yes, we were outplayed today and yes it was hard for any of our players to shine but neither were we hammered or humiliated.

Of course we'd like to be brilliant and be the first to beat them this season but you can't judge players harshly when they fall short of the miraculous.

Grey showed flashes of brilliance even at this level-clearly a great player of the future, the midfield did not look out of place although it's hard when you don't have the ball much. Man City are arguably the best team in the world at present and we stayed with them for much of the game.

I'm amazed at the negativity of some people on this forum and as for those who said the game was boring then I suggest you follow another sport as quite clearly you are only interested in goals and not football. I found it a great game to watch. Man City are an incredible attacking team with a solid base. They are probably the best team in the world just now and if they were allowed to enter the world cup they'd beat Brazil and Germany and probably win it.

We weren't boring either, just because we had no shots "on target" doesn't make us boring. we had some good build up play and some incredible midfield and defensive play. we held Man city mostly at bay. a team that can score 7 against Stoke - a good defensive team and cut anyone open with some of the best passing I've ever seen. 

If Kompany had been sent off our pressing game would have been even more spectacular. If Maguire's shot had been an inch further over we'd have been 1-1 and in the ascendancy.

sure Simpson and Fuchs were exposed but we know they need to be upgraded, sure Gray didn't do much, he didn't get much of the ball and sure Mahrez was too greedy and didn't give the passes that could've opened up the goal but at least he and every other player on the pitch were trying hard. I loved the effort and enjoyed the match.

albrighton was better than Okazaki in the Okazaki role (Shinji would never have got near this team with their passing ability as the last 10 minutes showed), Ndidi disrupted the midfeild and pressured the man city players, Iborra was sheer class, Maguire looked great at the back and Kasper did very little wrong. We never expected to win, but our players put in a brilliant shift and I was proud and sad for them.

Man City are a fantastic team.

Those who are complaining and found that boring should watch NBA basketball - lots of scoring, spectacular moves very often - you'd honestly enjoy it and then you could leave football which you clearly don't understand to those of us that enjoy all facets of football and understand that defence is as much a part of the beautiful game as attack.

Just to add my 2 cents worth...Man City are the best footballing team I have seen in over 40 years of watching football. They have everything and as someone has already alluded they have had 400 million ( a 4 followed by 8 zeros!!!) to spend on players. If you stack this cash end to end it would reach almost 40 miles (thats from Leicester to coventry and back, Norwich to Ipswich or my front door to the letter box at the end of my driveway). Unfortunately this is now the state of play in the premier, as since our title win the top 6 have rocketed away from the rest, just look at how tight the bottom half of the table is...13 points from 12 matches sees us at about the half way mark. I dont know about onwards and upwards but more like onwards and sideways.

There is no doubt about the class and football skills of the Premier League leaders but dear oh dear what an appalling decision the ref made in the 2nd minute. It may not have altered the course of the game but for Kompany not to have been shown a red card is not only inexplicable but a downright disgrace. It was an atrocious tackle and deserve a red card all day long.

Folk say it was too early in the game but my argument is if the same tackle had been committed in 32nd, 42nd, 52nd or 72nd minute Kompany would whave walked, what is the difference? If a tackle is deemed bad enough to warrant a red card it matters not a jot when in the game it is committed, it's still a red card!!

This Manchester City side , barring major injury problems , is going to smash a few records this season.

Record points haul, most goals scored , record points gap between first and second place.

Think with Barca and Real in decline they have got a good chance of winning the Champions League,

PSG dangerous though..

They beat us with ease and felt they could have stepped up a couple more gears if they wanted to and this is while Aguero was on the bench.

Not sure how Puel is going to approach the league cup tie.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Probably more relevant how they approach it. Suspect they will see the chance to make history and win every trophy on offer this season and therefore take it very seriously.

Well he started Sterling, Aguero, Jesus and Bernardo Silva in the last round so will be a strong team.

Just hope he does not start De Bruyne and the other Silva.

7 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Well he started Sterling, Aguero, Jesus and Bernardo Silva in the last round so will be a strong team.

Just hope he does not start De Bruyne and the other Silva.

I think it's more about their mindset than anything else. You are right to say that without de KDB and David silva they aren't quite the same team.  If these two stay fit then anything is possible for that team but I dont recall a season where both have managed to avoid a problem lasting several weeks. 

We are trying something new, we are attempting to play it from the back again without hoofing but the squad needs time and certain players are probably not up to this or they are past their prime but these things take time.

We looked decent in the first half but they are a different team to last season and would not give us any time on the ball in the second half of the game forcing us into errors.

I half expected us to just go long ball later in the second with Slim and Ulloa but that does not appear to be Puels game, even though certain players could not resist trying long punts every so often.

Basically the team needs time, the management needs time and the fans need to give them the time to get to where we want to be going and it was encouraging that there was no booing of the team or at least any that I heard, even though we were out played during the second half of the game.

Those are my thoughts on yesterdays game anyway :P

11 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Yeah they are great, great players etc. Just disappointed we didn't make a substitution after we conceded the second goal. I would have replaced one of the wingers and brought on Shinji to press them a little more. Oh well :scarf:

I think it was just so early in the half and we had started brightly so he wanted to give it a bit of time.

Overall, we huffed and puffed but just couldn’t cope with them.  At times it looked like they had two extra men on the pitch.

These are the games that show up the limitations of Simpson, Morgan and now sadly Fuchs.  None are comfortable enough on the ball to retain possession and make a worthwhile offensive contribution.

We really need to make some signings in January that are 1st team defenders.  Puel obviously sees Chilwell as an attacking option and it appears that Dragovic isnt going to be forcing his way in.

It is getting better and I think Iborra and Ndidi are starting to form a useful partnership and the attacking 4 (whichever combo) are looking decent, but without the back 4 contributing more, games against the top 6 we may as well

right off.

13 hours ago, rn9013 said:

I could be wrong, but weren’t the rules changed last year regarding red cards for last men. It’s no longer a red simply for being the last man, just a yellow. 

Im not sure on the precise rule though. 

The change only affects infringements in the penalty area. If the the punishment is a penalty the player gets a yellow instead of a red. Even so, I believe it's still a red if the foul is deliberate. The change was made to avoid a triple punishment of penalty, sending off and subsequent suspension.

Doesn't apply here as the infringement was outside the box.

If we had lost 2-0 to Real Madrid or Brazil would people have felt the same?

In my opinion Man City could beat both of those teams. I don't think that any team will expect to beat Man City this year - including PSG and Barca.

There's no doubt they deserved to win I just wish at some point in the game we would of played 2 upfront. Even at the end with all the attackers we had on we still only had 1 upfront. You just don't know if kompany was sent off or had Maguire scored when it was 1 nil. I was pleased how puel set up I just wish he would of been a bit more flexible with subs / formation - play inechecho up front when he came on. You could see vardy was getting frustated on his own up there. 

Gotta agree with FIF. Yesterday was a decent performance by us. It was a clear sending off which could have really changed things. They are an exceptional side this year, full of quality and confidence, with a way of playing that has been honed unto them.

I also have no qualms about applauding a world class opponent as he leaves the field.

Archived